Would A Mugen Spoiler Cover Up This Dent?

• You cannot reply to this topic
31 replies to this topic

JEFFtheJ00la

• i was the first one to rent this monte, lol
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86crx soon to be b20b, 96Grand am sedan(9.22 1/8th), 79Trans am 403 to 350 in prog. , 03Dakota DD, 86 civic sedan si swap dd
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
heh, on the roads i drive i usually come up on a tractor or a cow, they dont run plates, lol.

SportInjectedClubvisit my myspace SAHCR Member

if your offended by anything i post, you need to seriously get a life

deadpool7372

• Give me Peppers!
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
Ya, I moved to AZ for 3 years after graduation high school.
I have been back a year and my AZ tags just expired so I'm about to get my car registered... I need a TX drivers license as well… smile.gif
Tom/RPR: You know you are hardcore when you remove the SEAT COVER!
Lubbock, TX representing. Ya HeaRd! :)

bad@ssracer

that looks like a hella lot of damage, i bet ur estimate will be round $2900 cuz if u go here linky the damage in those 2 pics is $2153.06 i wish you the best of luck.
The Race Is Short , But The Victory Is Sweet

user posted image
^^definate hottie^^

user posted image
SportInjectedClub

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
OUCH!! one reason i want to get rid of my pickup is all the stereo types taht come with it.. oh well, live and learn. but i'll always have a truck..

thank goodness no one is hurt. and no, i've never intentionally, un intentionally cut some one off with my truck. i understand where everyone else is coming from.

i leave a LOT of room. i drive like a grandma.
1986 Civic Si; b16a is in.. just gotta get it running..
longest swap ever..... :(

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Road rage isn't fun, but you seemed to handle it well.

The guy ramming you was just ridiculous. People. rolleyes.gif

The wing will not cover the dent. The wing sits flush with the edge of the hatch, and it is clearly dented and the lines are skewed.

Cheers,
Mark

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

JEFFtheJ00la

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86crx soon to be b20b, 96Grand am sedan(9.22 1/8th), 79Trans am 403 to 350 in prog. , 03Dakota DD, 86 civic sedan si swap dd
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
if you need a hatch there are a few at the grand prarie yards.

lemons

• Carbs are better (lol, not really; but they sound cool)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    Garage View Garage
WE need an international, "hunt the hillbillies" day.

Ghost-One needs to send the bearshark after him.
I have nothing...

JDN14

i had a kind of similar situation happen to me the other month.

Two lanes turned to one at a point in the road and there is an apartment complex exit towards the end of the second lane. Traffic was pretty heavy but some jackass in a BMW decides he's going to get in anyway. Well, instead of waiting his turn he forced me into an opposing lane of traffic. There was NO WAY he didnt see me. Luckily no one hit anyone but i was SUPER pissed. Ive never cursed at and given the finger to someone more in my life.

Moral of the story, assume every driver on the road is an inconsiderate jackass that cant drive.

enjoy,

Jacques
93 Toyota Previa: Mid Engine, AWD people mover.

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
The sad thing is they are going to want to total your car. I know it sounds odd but they will give you the excuse that the damage incurred will be more expensive to fix than it is to just replace the car. My advise is take the total loss of the car but tell them you will dispose of the auto. Take the money his insurance gives you(not the 1st offer,granted you are going to have to whine a bit, i.e. "You don't understand that car...that car meant alot...my son doesn't even want to get into another car. And personally I am frightened, I need enough money for a sizable downpayment ,because I definatly cannot afford a truck like what hit me. I want to feel safe on the road, can you do that for me?" or something like that. Anyways I ramble, take the money and find the parts and fixit yourself.
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

s.wilson

• the guy who doesn't own a 1G Rex anymore
  • PipPip
    • Drives: '94 Civic Coupe, '95 DOHC Neon Coupe
    Garage View Garage
Good thing you guys are okay, that's always most important. Just remember, it could have been worse! I'd say you got off lucky from the sounds of this jackass. Hopefully insurance will work out in your favor. Good luck though!
-Shelby

deadpool7372

• Give me Peppers!
  • PipPip
QUOTE (lemons @ May 2 2005, 01:53 PM)
Ghost-One needs to send the bearshark after him.

Now that’s what I'm talking about!
Thanks for the info and support all!

Edited by deadpool7372, 02 May 2005 - 08:59 PM.

crxmobber

• Mobbin Clean
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 CRX Si, 85 CRX Si, 98 prelude, 5th Gen VFR, WRX
    • Image Gallery
sorry to hear that man. I hate hicks with a passion. They are pretty much all idiots. Maybe thats why they all vote for Geoge W. Anyways you should be able to find a replacement hatch and if the insurance tells you the car is worth less than the cost of replacement (which i doubt) then you should get it replaced and just fix yours. smile.gif good luck

SportInjectedClub

JEFFtheJ00la

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
come on now, its not just hicks. "hicks" will usually take care of you better than city folk (boy that sounds country) when they are your friends. and wow, nice way to slip in an anti bush slur. but how many house wifes do you see driving huge suv's that are always on the cell phone and on top of that they cant manuver(sp?) the damned thing.

but i must admit i do get all up on the ass of any car that is going slow in the left lane or doing 30mph getting onto the freeway when im in my truck. but in this case the big truck driver was totally wrong.

deadpool7372

• Give me Peppers!
  • PipPip
So the update.
…And drama.

So I never heard from the guys insurance so I called them.
(Took 5 calls and like 6 transfers…)

The lady was rude and tells me she has already finished her investigation and that they will not pay. She said she is mailing me a denial letter.
She said she had witnesses that said I cut people off before he hit me.
She said that due to this they don’t have to pay.

I questioned her about her investigation as she nor her company ever talked to me.
I asked her about these witnesses as no one pulled over and it was just him and myself with my two year old son in the vehicles.
I asked her if she got copies of the 911 tapes as there is a witness on one of them that supports exactly what I said.
(If I have not mentioned it I have a buddy that works in the 911 call center and he looked up the notes and they do support my side. I have requested copies of these and right now I am in the middle of that bureaucracy. This way I have the transcripts already…)
I educated her on the whole story about the guy speeding up to hit me after he tried to push me off the road and after he tried to get me to rear end him.
I told her I did not cut any cars off. I said I speed up to get away from him and using my blinker I safely changed lanes. I told her it was AFTER this that he speeded up and hit me.

She told me there was nothing she would do.
(Again, not pleasantly.)
She said that it does not matter what is morally right, she has enough info that she does not have to pay out.
Really, she said regardless of what’s morally right…

I told her that if she has to do something immoral she needs to find Jesus and find another job. I was very nice to her, not happy but not unpleasant.
She spat back about not having to pay and hung up on me.

I still have not received the denial letter.
She did not take my PO Box and I don’t know how she would have had it as its not on the police report. I called her back the next day and left a VM about calling me and getting my address. She has not called back. I have left several more VM’s.
Tomorrow I will call and see if I can get someone is management.

My wife works with someone who was in the insurance game for a long time.
She says that once I get the denial letter I can appeal it.
She says I can send my statement and my evidence, my 911 transcripts, and as long as I am in the right they should pay. She says this is the game they play.
She says I should be clear that if they do not honor a valid claim I can and will turn them into the State Insurance Licensing Bored of Texas who supposedly likes to yank the license of insurance adjusters who do not pay valid claims.

So that’s where I’m at.
Waiting on the insurance denial letter and my 911 transcripts.

This sucks…

eldo

• Think outside the box horsepower
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86CRX 68Chevelle 69GTO
    • Image Gallery
I can't believe private insurance is that bad. It sounds like you are at the mercy of the insurance company that is at fault. We have government and private insurance and if you are not at fault, your insurance company will do all the leg work to make sure your car gets paid to get fixed.(I thought thats why we pay the premiums we do)Our insurance company pays for the repairs while they go after the other party's insurance .
Ed
86 Crx DX EW3 block EW2 ported head , Coltcams (nitrous/turbo Stage 2 Triflow )

T-25 with a blowthrough Keihin carb - 13 psi .

I'ma in the Carburetion Nation