Checking In From Japan.....

• You cannot reply to this topic
39 replies to this topic

Airgazm86

• Ungawa!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: '86 Std. hatchback, '06 Mitsu EVO IX SE, '15 Mitsu Lancer EVO X FE
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Is it legal to transport any "JDM booze" back to the states? If so, I'll take a bottle of the good stuff. biggrin.gif

DSMTimeline.jpg

Airjockie

• I LIKE RED (spray-paint)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
wink.gif 2 bottles per person.....
87 CRX SI, Wide body, and still not running...RB25DET?!?!?!
74 260Z....going to get rebuilt soon....
07 Subaru outback...Daily Driver...

IfTakumiDroveACRX

• Can't stop the greatness in motion....just you wait...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 85 crx Si two-tone black/grey, 72 Datsun 510 with an experimental rotary swap (the engine is a 12a and 13b hybrid), Infiniti G35 sedan on air suspension rolling on 19" G-Corp's Estatus wheels and various Garson/D.A.D accessories
    • Image Gallery
I would sooooooo love to be able to eat sushi and sashimi out there !!!!! Eat a lot for me !!!! tongue.gif And bring me a six pack of some UCC !!!!!
user posted image
www.implicit-autosports.com - Proud Distributors of Monkeyz-Tek Performance Parts

Airjockie

• PipPipPipPipPip
Wow!!! What a day!!!!

woke up, post whored a little, then my buddy came and picked me up in his Daily driver Sizuki minicar...and we went to his buddies house and I helped install a ground kit on the engine, and then we went to his house to swap cars...and he disappeared and popped back up with a DVD present for me...A NHK news documentary of the designing and building of the Z Car.....

Then we swung by on Autobacks to look around...nothing....but in the parking lot there was a race built MR-2 that cought my eye...so I went over and got some pics.

At the house we had lunch, and watch the before mentioned DVD...I almost cried...it was beutifull...

Then we headed out for more car shops..and we hit Up-Garage first...nothing realy there that I needed or could buy for anyone...so we left...and there was an AE86 in the parking lot that cought my attention..so I took some pics of it with the Advan A3As on in the rear...hey...I have a set of them....hehe.

Then we went to another used parts place...and nothing again....but wait...as we was leaving.....I noticed a small box the had R180 on it.....and a LSD in it...my heart skipped a few beats....My Z has a R180....open diff. And then I looked closer....it was a nismo 2-way LSD...barely used...almost in a new condition....after getting to the price...I was afraid to even look any more....but I had to...even if to tease myself with another wet dream....

and I dropped my jaw on the ground and steped on my tounge....it hurt....the price was 18900 yen...and I just had to grab it take it to the counter to find out more about it. The previous guy that had it couldnt use it in his diff...he has the turbo diff...and this was for the NA diff...which mine is...so I walked out with a new 2-way for $190.....huge score!!!!!!

So then we went to another Autobacks so my buddy can buy something...he wanted to buy me some Nismo stickers since I just got a Nismo diff....what a cool guy. And then just more cars there and more pics....and he remembered a shop in the area that had only AE86's...and he got the dirrections and loaded it in his navi...and we hit the road.

We pulled up to this small car sales lot...and there was nothing but AE86's there..honestly....just a shit load of AE86's....all clean and ready to drive. They had a shop in the back that they just pump out the cars with...a simple little shop...a bay for parts swapping, and a bay for body work...and they did a hell of a job...the pics should show how good they are....

I almost cried....I missed my AE86....

There was one there for over $42Ks...completely restored and rebuilt to factory specks, as it it just came thru a time machine...it was hot...the black one.

after talking to the owner...and admireing the cars...a another one pulled in...he was there to get a strut towerbar...and I asked him for a few pics...and that made his day, so he turned on all the lights to please my camera. I counted over 34 AE86`s there....what a car whore....hehe

then we headed off for some sushi on a conveyerbelt.....kurukuru-sushi...it was awesome...and perfect...great taste and great price....$1 a plate.....the three of us downed 50 plates...hehe...

<---sushi whore...

I`ll let the pics speak for them selves...I typed up a full huge post...but the comp went freaky...and lost it.

The pics of the day...

Cliff notes.

Rode all day in a StageA on steriods.

saw a shit load of cars.

bought a nismo 2 way LSD for my Z.

Found an AE86 only car lot.

Had more sushi and beer.

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Don't they have any BIG cans of beer? Pfffhh...3 litres...
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

Masta

damn I love when Airjockie goes to Japan, sweet pics man. Good news about the LSD, now you can actually drift that thing. Just make sure it's in for when I deliver those doors, I want to go drifting.........
Awesome pics man, one day I will go to Japan.
Civic Nation. Represent.

RexBoy21

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si
damn man... u r so lucky.

-rexboy21

oh yea, and enjoy the rest of ur trip

bryman10

• Sterno
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 2006 Acura TSX 6MT, 2012 Honda Civic LX sedan (wifey's); 1996 Toyota Celica GT convertible (for sale)
    • Image Gallery

Total hotness.....

bryman
Who the hell is this Zed C. person????
my ebay ID: sterno10

"Please", "I appreciate it", "thank you very much", "I'm sorry"= common courtesy....what a great concept (ESPECIALLY for business)!!

Posted Image

Posted Image
Wagonvan clan member

eastsiderider

• Function over form!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 91 Civic Standard Hatch (B16 powered), 02 Civic EX, 03 Civic Si R.I.P.
    • Image Gallery
Man, i remember when you posted to let people know that you would be willing to show them around..............I tried so hard to go on that trip.

I will get to the land of the rising sun someday ph34r.gif
SportInjectedClub

CRXfanatic

• Dual Mikunis Rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 CRX DX, 2001 Subaru 2.5RS, 2004 Accord EX, 1983 Honda VT500FT
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Good stuff AJ. Have a great time, and drink a few for me. wink.gif
"If Honda does not race there is no Honda." -Soichiro Honda

Posted Image

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
i don't know if that pic of the AE86's is a dream or a nightmare!! hahahaaa...

glad to see everything is going great! also, thanks for the many pictures.you rock!!
1986 Civic Si; b16a is in.. just gotta get it running..
longest swap ever..... :(

Airjockie

• PipPipPipPipPip
Well...today was a day for packing....

40 wheels are packed...and whew....I got thirsty.....hehe

so we hit the nearest yaki-niku restaurant...and pigged out on a shit load of beef and veggies....with a lot of beer...

and saw a few more cars in the parking lot that sparked some more interest....

posted some pics in the growing gallery on page 10....

I got to go to bed early tonight....got to wake up tommorrow at 5:00...to leave the house at 6:00...and be at the Nara ciruit by 7:30 for the drivers briefing...then race all day till 5:00 pm....

I'll take as many pics as my cameras battery can handle....

side note...if these wheels sell..and I make a decent profit...then I might just move back to Japan soon.... smile.gif Just looking at the pics of the wife...she's so happy here... cool.gif

Primerk5

• WOOAA BUNDY!!!!
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 93 civic coupe and Si hatch, 07 Dodge Megacab dually 3500 Cummins Turbo diesel truck, 75 chevy blazer, 79 Chevy Truck, 59 Ford Fairlane 85 Chevrolet Camaro.
    • Image Gallery
ok ok whats it going to take to get these!!!!!!!!
"GUTS" is arriving home late after a night out with the guys, being assaulted by your wife with a broom, and having the guts to say, "Are you still cleaning or are you flying somewhere?"

<---- Me Being Sniped by CHRISFDUDE on EBAY!! HAHAHA

Airjockie

• PipPipPipPipPip
not much...just money...hehe...No price can be determined untill they arive safely in the states with no damage...sorry..I like to keep honest.

Anyways...

well.....

Today was awesome....to the 100 power x50...it was perfect...

woke up early due to anticipation of the day ahead, with a slight headache from sleepin in a funny position...and got dressed and jumped on the computer for a tad...couse I was up so early and the ride was not going to pick me up til 6 am....

anyways...we got to the mini-circuit on time...got passed by a civ type r with a full load...I show you the load later...hehe...and we set up Sute's car for the fun day ahead of us....

I'll say this...I have a new respect for cars....all of them...

the stagea kicked ass...if the driver had more practice..it would have been awesome....I had to give him a few hints...hehe...he listened and knocked his time from 38.7 down to a 36.1....we worked good together as a team.

that car has balls. blink.gif

then jumped into a civic type r (ek9)...with a crazy driver....and almost crapped myself....literally..the dinner from the last night kinda turned into a soft poo...but lets not go there. ph34r.gif

let me put it this way...the monster B is building...with the driving abilities that just slightly surpasses Chip's driving...(sorry Chip...this kid can drive ((Chip is our local Autocross Pro))..)..and an attitude of...well...like mine (I don't care if it breaks on me...as long as it gets past the finish line)....and put those all together...it was a scary ohmy.gif needless to say...I was looking for a toilet after that ride...luckilly I found one...hehe.

Then after the speed demons ride...I wandered to the other tracks...and guess what...I heard some noises that sounded too famillilar....could it be?????

Three tracks over...was the SuperAutobacs drift show!!!!

I had no idea about it.... mad.gif

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
dude, sounds like fun..

and stageas are wicked.. skyline under the skin, all wagon outside.. ultimate sleeper if someone brought one here..
1986 Civic Si; b16a is in.. just gotta get it running..
longest swap ever..... :(