Adapter Plate

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

panda

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 Honda CRX SI
i need a plate to mate my turbo up but the machine shop said it would cost 85 bucks, does that seem right or too high?
plus my friend has a buddy that has a plate for a t3 and hf manifold for the 88 civic, would this mate my hf manifold from my 87 crx to my t3 or is the manifolds different?
PLEASE HELP, THE PLATE IS THE LAST THING MISSING FROM MY SET UP!!!!!

My set up
87 crx si d15 ( ew3)
hf manifold
blox fmu
teg injectors, ecu
t3 turbo from saab
generic bov
saab intercooler

PS. if this doesn't fit, can i remove the wastegate and install some thing else to controll the boost???????

87_HatchSi

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 91 Civic Dx, 95 Saab 9000 Aero
Hey this is Alex from Acura lol. I was going to post the same question. The plate my buddy has is for a 88-91 crx hf manifold, will it bolt to the 1st gen/3rd gen hf manifold?? And I would say $85 is a decent price from a shop.

87_HatchSi

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 91 Civic Dx, 95 Saab 9000 Aero
P.S. You gotta get this shit up and running for rock falls next weekend!

panda

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 Honda CRX SI
wadup alex, yeah im trying to get it up and running but there are all these little things keeping me back (adapter plate, oil pan, down pipe) that i may not get it ready by the 7th!!!
right now i am making an adapter plate, it doesn't look pretty but i think it will work

still wondering about what to use if i need to move the wastegate to fit the turbo?
do you think that the ew can really push a lot of psi from the turbo any ways?
maybe it can run with out the use of the waste gate!

are you racing at rockfalls next time???

s.wilson

• the guy who doesn't own a 1G Rex anymore
  • PipPip
    • Drives: '94 Civic Coupe, '95 DOHC Neon Coupe
    Garage View Garage
I think that keeping a wastegate is generally a good idea. That's the easiest and most common, and perhaps even the only way to effectively control boost. if the wastegate actuator for the internal wastegate wont fit, then perhaps you should just weld up a flange for an external gate on the manifold, and go that route. Just an idea...