Redneck Trucks Now Suck

• You cannot reply to this topic
43 replies to this topic

EuphoricBlue

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
As far as I see it, another car ran into you... have you got witnises? it's completely not of your fault. So if you have witnises and especially if you have the other guys name... I'd file a claim... and if they say it will increase my premium I'd take both the driver AND the insurance company to court. There is nothing that says you are covered only in the event that the car hitting you has insurance as well. Did the truck have plates? If so that's all you need... the insurance companey can't deny a claim no matter what the insurance status of the other party is. It's their responsibility to get the money from the other party. Only time they can get away with not covering you is when there is no other party and clear fault.

bombayscrx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1987 crx dx
exactly my thoughts

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
see, we have this optional coverage called "uninsured motorist". if you dont buy that and end up in this guys position you are screwed. if you do have it your insurance company will pay for his damages and then they will persue payment from him however they need to.
When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

bombayscrx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1987 crx dx
then id take him to court

EuphoricBlue

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
QUOTE (crxls @ Apr 24 2005, 07:47 PM)
see, we have this optional coverage called "uninsured motorist". if you dont buy that and end up in this guys position you are screwed. if you do have it your insurance company will pay for his damages and then they will persue payment from him however they need to.

Well that blows... So good to be in Canada where uninsured driving is so infrequant it's not a consideration when buying insurance.

bad@ssracer

QUOTE (Airgazm86 @ Apr 24 2005, 03:47 PM)
QUOTE (bad@ssracer @ Apr 24 2005, 12:43 PM)
no insurance, and if i turn it in on mine my rates will jump to bout $450 a month

If it was 100% his fault, why would YOUR insurance go up??? That's what insurance is for. rolleyes.gif

well, the problem with the whole thing is that he had no plates, and if i turn it in to my insurance, then they have to pay which inturn makes my rates go up. in the state of nebraska u have 5 days to report an accident, so i am going to get ahold of the kid again since he did give me his number, and tell him that i had an adjuster look at it and say that it will cost bout $400 to fix it back up to the way it looked b4 the accident. then i will go for the cash, adn spend bout $150-200 for suplies and fix it myself.
The Race Is Short , But The Victory Is Sweet

user posted image
^^definate hottie^^

user posted image
SportInjectedClub

JEFFtheJ00la

• i was the first one to rent this monte, lol
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86crx soon to be b20b, 96Grand am sedan(9.22 1/8th), 79Trans am 403 to 350 in prog. , 03Dakota DD, 86 civic sedan si swap dd
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
he diddnt have plates and you just "took" his number? how do you know its his? i always tell my dad when im with him in his f150 to watch out for honda's.

SportInjectedClubvisit my myspace SAHCR Member

if your offended by anything i post, you need to seriously get a life

GIFF

• The Integrated Technology CF-48 Exclusive Gear For Honda
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 86 CRX SI, 94 Integra, 09 Fit
    • Image Gallery
I hope you get enough money to fix it. it's no fun having your car messed up.

SportInjectedClub

PM me if you have these for sale:
OEM or DS Tuning Floor mats

Screech

• Project CI2-VIC Team Lead
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 16 Ford RS, 84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2), 98 Civic EX
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
If someone did damage to my car and was at fault, the cops will be called in. I have uninsured coverage, but the rates will still go up if you use it.

Case1: my finance in her CRV is sandwiched between full size truck and van. Car behind van caused whole accident. My fiance's rates went up. Fiance was not hurt, just shuck up.

Case2: My 84 Civic is hit while parked at Walmart. Hit and Run, radiator busted. I walked up from the back of the car and didn't see the damage, drove car and it over heated. Gauge don't work as good without water in the system. Engine was never right after that. Insurance told me if they payed my rates would go up.

Insurance companies will dick-over everyone, wheather they are innocent or not!!

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)
84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2 2.0l, SMF)

Airgazm86

• Ungawa!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: '86 Std. hatchback, '06 Mitsu EVO IX SE, '15 Mitsu Lancer EVO X FE
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I'm sorry to hear that some of your insurance companies treat you poorly. sad.gif Maybe my family and I are just lucky, but our insurance company has always helped us out tremendously when we needed them, even in similar situations. If all else fails, take the other driver to court and settle it that way.

DSMTimeline.jpg

crxmobber

• Mobbin Clean
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 CRX Si, 85 CRX Si, 98 prelude, 5th Gen VFR, WRX
    • Image Gallery
yeah your deductable will usually go up but your rates wont necessarily raise. It still sucks though. I got my whole stereo system stolen and after my insurance covered the items my deductable went from $100 to $200. Another time i was driving and a piece of wood flew out of a truck and hit my header panel and hood and ripped all the paint off down to the plastic on the header panel. the insurance company said it would also make my deductable go up. It's so stupid that they will even go after the other person and your insurance goes up. It just doesn't make sense. but thats just the way it works i guess mad.gif . sorry to hear about your car.

SportInjectedClub

Condor

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 CRX Si, bought new, no rice. 07 MCa w/sport, no kraut.
I kinda had the same thing happen when my car was new. Girl rear ends me, gives the the insurance, it is bogus. Cops pull up, i'm nice about it and say
its cool man, i got the insurance stuff, no problem.

I carry a pistol now. At all times.

You will pay, or be in a wheelchair. That is the options.

"sorry man, I got no insurance" pop pop.
End of story.

This whole world is full of criminals. The cops don't have time supposedly
to track down hit and run non insurance ppl, then frankly, the cops don't have
time to track down pop pop.

I realize this does not sound nice.

But frankly I'm tired of paying when its not my fault
(have actually had several hit and runs in the 18 years i've owned this car)

JEFFtheJ00la

• i was the first one to rent this monte, lol
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86crx soon to be b20b, 96Grand am sedan(9.22 1/8th), 79Trans am 403 to 350 in prog. , 03Dakota DD, 86 civic sedan si swap dd
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
insurance sucks. you pay them lots of money just in case something happens then when something does happen they ask for more money. wtf.

SportInjectedClubvisit my myspace SAHCR Member

if your offended by anything i post, you need to seriously get a life

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (Screech @ Apr 25 2005, 04:47 PM)
Insurance companies will dick-over everyone, wheather they are innocent or not!!

theres always another option........ dont cary insurance, save the money for when something happens and just use your cash you saved. cheaper that way.
When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

Screech

• Project CI2-VIC Team Lead
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 16 Ford RS, 84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2), 98 Civic EX
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (crxls @ Apr 25 2005, 11:39 PM)
QUOTE (Screech @ Apr 25 2005, 04:47 PM)

theres always another option........ dont cary insurance, save the money for when something happens and just use your cash you saved. cheaper that way.

Not in North Carolina: no insurance = no registration = no tag = not road legal.