Rear Disc Brake Swap And Caliper Rebuild

• You cannot reply to this topic
52 replies to this topic

icebox187

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
I finally went out and looked at my brakes (on my car) and also at the brackets for the swap that I am selling, and yeh the other guy was right. The calipers are supposed to go toward the front of the car. The original brake line mounting tabs get cut off (this was in the writeup that I followed) and with the SS lines you can do as the kakabox and drill( or weld) and mount to the (slideable mounting tab) to the trailing arm.
grimms mom

chedda_j

• Lives to modify
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic 2.2L LSD, Acura TL Aspec
    Garage View Garage
Oh ya they are remans from centric. They come in neat little shoe boxes. They will get painted the same as the rears, and put under a heat lamp for a day. Then installed onto the car with the integra knuckle splines, once they arrive. But that will require me to rip apart the front end. When doing so I will be looking into doing the sphericals possibly but i think it will be way to rough for street, so i might put it off and continue with the swap.

As for the caliper facing the other way, it seems like it has been done both ways, so I think I will keep it the way it is because the caliper can be mounted any which way, it will work. The only issue is the e-brake lines. Which aren't straight forward anyways because the integra ones are way too long. So the lines have to be shortened anyways. Again doesn't matter.

10395168_748294558578686_901304337744719

icebox187

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
nope, they don't need to be shortened, the old write up and kaka said to criss-cross and it works. drivers side goes across to the passenger side of the brake handle and pass side goes to the drivers side of the handle.
grimms mom

chedda_j

• Lives to modify
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
Here's a little shot of the car with the other side all installed.

Posted Image

Still need to make the little jumper hoses, but that wont be for a few weeks now. I have to concentrate on the new panhard bars, ect.

rexsk8er

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: '86 CRX d16a1 hf (RIP), '86 civic hatch ls (DD)
    • Image Gallery
Nice write up so far, I'm curious to see how you do the e-brake setup.

chedda_j

• Lives to modify
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
Sad to say it was never fully completed and i sold it. I will complete this on my new car tho

chedda_j

• Lives to modify
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
Im about to re-start this write up since I have a new car, look for updates on how to finish, and what to do about the front proportioning valve ect.

chedda_j

• Lives to modify
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
Finally got all the goodies to do this again. This time I bought ALL new stuff, including rear calipers. I didn't feel like rebuilding another set. Here are some great photos, it wont be long now that I will be able to start installing all this good stuff. Oh and I got the larger Integra front rotors and calipers for a Big Brake look. Everything was Centric other than the studs which were the same DORMAN product seen earlier in the thread.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image