"the Civ"

• You cannot reply to this topic
90 replies to this topic

Forcefed Si

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: turbo'ed 87 Civic Si Hatchback and a heavily modified jeep wrangler
Well I started pulling my 3g civic apart last may for some fresh paint and a swap, it has been slow process but I am finally making some progress so i thought i would share some pics and stuff and see what everybody thinks. So I started with an 87 si that i picked up for $150 about 5 years ago and it has been turboed on the stock motor for a couple of years but I just wanted to make it a little nicer and maybe a little faster biggrin.gif I picked up an 89 teg and am going to swap the motor and breakes from that car in to the Civic, or "The Civ" as me and some of my friends call it. This post probably won't be a step by step of the build because I don't have the patience for that but I will try to post when I make some progress. here goes!

Here are a few pics at the begining

Then came body work and pulling the motor

Continued next post...

Forcefed Si

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
It was a tough decision but I finally picked a color and got around to spraying the car

I started swaping brakes today and will probably fininsh that tomorrow, and start pulling the motor out of the teg. I can't wait to get this thing going again!

firstgencrx

• This thing should fit!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
I love that color! What is it? Looks like a gunmetal of some sort. Love it.

David
Sharing with others what I do for myself!

My H22 CRX Project

Posted Image

Forcefed Si

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (firstgencrx @ Jan 16 2010, 02:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love that color! What is it? Looks like a gunmetal of some sort. Love it.

David

It is actually a toyota color called "Phantom Grey" I absolutly love it. I'm happy with my choice biggrin.gif

TribalHatch

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 Honda CiviC SI
damn thats good work. wish i knew body work and paint lol

Lymitliss

• King Luke
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si B18C1, 1973 240Z V8 Conversion
    Garage View Garage
I like the color, but I think that car cries out to be lowered...
Build Thread- Here

Forcefed Si

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (TribalHatch @ Jan 16 2010, 02:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
damn thats good work. wish i knew body work and paint lol

haha, I wish I knew body work and paint too, then it probably wouldn't have taken me a year to get it painted. But I got lucky and took my time and it turned out pretty good for the first car that I have ever painted.

And yes it does need lowered. putting an engine back in it will help alot, but sometime i will probably lower it a little.

Lymitliss

• King Luke
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
I bet you could crawl over some huge logs in the meantime! happy.gif
Build Thread- Here

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: -------- 1986' CRX Si (X2) -------- 1993' GMC Sanoma SLE
    • Image Gallery
X2 on the color man. I really like it! Try to keep us updated if you can, looks like a good project.

OG Wagon

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 Crx Si
Lugs great thus far! I tool really like the Phantom grey. Body and welding work on the rusted spots is impressive!

Did you paint the bay as well?

WagoCats HOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Forcefed Si

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (OG Wagon @ Jan 17 2010, 12:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lugs great thus far! I tool really like the Phantom grey. Body and welding work on the rusted spots is impressive!

Did you paint the bay as well?

Thanks, the body work was quite an adventure and it isn't prefect but turned out good. and yeah i painted the bay and all the door jams and stuff, i hate seeing paint lines on cars that have been painted another color.

Forcefed Si

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Today was pretty productive. I got the rear axles swaped out so I have disc brakes on the civic and I started getting the teg ready to pull apart.
It is amazing how simular these two cars are. the only hard part was re-routing the longer e-brake cables from the integra. I even put the civic axle back on the integra so that it will still be a rolling chasis, and when i am done with the civic i may drop the old d15 in the integra so i can jump it or something fun like that wink.gif but we will see what happens with that. I'll try and get up some pictures of my work

OG Wagon

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 Crx Si
QUOTE (Forcefed Si @ Jan 17 2010, 12:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Today was pretty productive. I got the rear axles swaped out so I have disc brakes on the civic and I started getting the teg ready to pull apart.
It is amazing how simular these two cars are. the only hard part was re-routing the longer e-brake cables from the integra. I even put the civic axle back on the integra so that it will still be a rolling chasis, and when i am done with the civic i may drop the old d15 in the integra so i can jump it or something fun like that wink.gif but we will see what happens with that. I'll try and get up some pictures of my work

I had thought of putting a D15 in a Teg after a D16 swap to my CRX, and putting sidedraft's on it, built N/A. Do it!

WagoCats HOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Lymitliss

• King Luke
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
More pics! Which parts are required for the teg brake swap again?
Build Thread- Here

Forcefed Si

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (Lymitliss @ Jan 17 2010, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
More pics! Which parts are required for the teg brake swap again?

I just swapped the entire rear axle and trailing arms. they are exactly the same as far as I can tell, they both went back onto both cars with no problem. I thought I had heard that the trailing arms were different but I made some measurments and compared them and I think they are the same. all the break lines and stuff line right up. It was just a straight bolt on swap. And later today I'll put up some more pics