If Money Was No Object

• You cannot reply to this topic
32 replies to this topic

Sgt. Pepper

You just won your state's lottery, you paid off all your bills and donated a large sum to a local charity. laugh.gif What things would you buy/build/do for your beloved 1G/3G with the money that was left?
Adding power makes you faster in the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
You guys may laugh But ............ I would take another rex body and make a teardrop travel trailer To match my current car. with all the amenities of the old style teardrop trailers a sleeper etc..... I would put a hitch on my current rex and go camping!!!!!!!! LOL its just a silly dream of mine...

HEY can anyone photshop a CRX made into a TEARDROP travel trailer for me??

DEIVIONCRX

• Demon Of All Trades
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 88 Civic DX, 90 CRX DX, 80 Trans Am, 10 Fit Sport
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
B16B, TWM ITB's, Custom Cams, SMSP Header, Spoon Engine Girdle, Fully Ballanced Internals, Quaife LSD, Upgraded FinalDrive. New Paint and Body work, stock Burnblack Metallic, Mugen NR10R's, JDM Head and Corner Lights. Koni Yellows, Custom Coilovers in Rear. Custom Panhard Bar. Corner Weighted. Sparco S Light CF Seats, Custom Multi-Point Roll Cage, Simpson 6pt Cam Lock Harness.

Thats about it.

Edit: Quick lil bit of Math = $27,750 +/- some
Posted Image

Giltaran

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 CRX Si, EW4, Stock as I can make her.
I'd buy her a machine shop complete with CAD/CAM and the people to run it. Then I'd duplicate her piece by piece until she'd been cloned. Then I'd start selling all o'y'all stock replacements biggrin.gif

bobdragster

• Without 無限Limit
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1980 Honda Prelude
    Garage View Garage
Well, A little plan actually.

First off, the lottery... lets say I win about 5 million after taxes and it is whats in my hand.

Take some high end automotive repair schooling to some of the most advanced degrees over the course of about.... 5 years.

I would buy every 1g I see on eBay, then start building made-to-order 1g CRX's. They could have anything your heart desires. I would put everything from huge engines to huge sounds systems to completely stock and built to spec or better than original.

That, is truly my dream job, to have restoring old cars become a profession would be awesome. The only thing that will ever hold me back from it is the amount of money it will take to start off with it and also be able to stay in a solid financial situation.

One more thing: MY CRX - I would build a complete 1g CRX, All stock JDM engine components, an opened up head, slightly heightened compression, stock 2g Si seats, floor mats from dstuning.com, a great sound system, tripometer, ummm man a bunch of other stuff too...

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: R.I.P ~Honali~ 3G civic now drives Silver 86 Civic hatch
QUOTE (RARECRX @ May 4 2007, 02:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You guys may laugh But ............ I would take another rex body and make a teardrop travel trailer To match my current car. with all the amenities of the old style teardrop trailers a sleeper etc..... I would put a hitch on my current rex and go camping!!!!!!!! LOL its just a silly dream of mine...

HEY can anyone photshop a CRX made into a TEARDROP travel trailer for me??

X2!!! but for my 3G.

Oh and my 3G would be a bi-turbo mid-engined road eating monster, capable of towing said trailer and pulling low 8's in the 1/4 ph34r.gif

Then with my other wrecked 3G I would have to bring it back to stock condition THEN I would start converting it to electric with all the bells and whistles, regen braking, solar panelled roof, Li-ion batteries (think laptop batteries) THEN I would use some more of that fat cash to convert my new house over to solar/wind power generation and use that to charge my electric 3G.

FYI: the people down the block have this totally killer teardrop trailer like the oldschool ones, but half the size!!!! PERFECT for towing behind a small car. It even has this rollup panel on the back of it that when rolled up it exposes a tiny kitchen deal with a sink/propane stove and a microwave!!!! I'll get pics of it for you next time I see it, you will just DIE when you see it RARECRX!!!

rprdotcom1cropped.gifRIPHonalicroppedsigpic.jpgAW1GMtu.jpgH4zO0Qb.jpg

icebox187

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
ctr cams, iron sleeves, in b18c1 block with 84.5mm weisco turbo pistons, eagle h-beams on new factory gsr crank . b16 head port n polished with new valves, springs and ti-retainers fully rebuilt ys1 tranny with either quaife or factory lsd. stage 4 clutch, hasport level 3.9 axles. boost boost boost... havent decided on what i want yet. stage 4 clutch. new fenders, header panel, bumper support, full but conservative bodykit, new paint new apholstry 3" exhaust ending behind passenger door. integra rear calipers to match my integra fronts. fit rims, azenis, wheel spacers, illuma's all around, powder coated everything, including the underbody. jdm corners, hondata s300 ecu, victor x intake manifold, 700cc injectors, 70mm throttlebody, new carpet, hf radiator, i could go on and on
grimms mom

Omega Mugen

• Dug Diggler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 CRX w/Si motor, 86 Civic DX Hatch, 2001 Prelude
Total body restoration, carbon fiber Mugen wide kit replica, B18C, full momo interior, 8 in. wide wheels for street, Tein suspension kit, JDM tint job, gold plated header (why? because I am rich, damnit), still no A/C, custom Brembo calipers/rotors on all four.

Going to Hawaii? You need a Dune Buggy.

WTB: 14x8 or 9" Panasports or Watanabe RS.

WTB: 3g Civic hatch gauge cowl, brown.

WTB: ZC header--FOUND

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
All I would do is finish it. It's pretty quick already, anything more would be a real handful...
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

CRXfanatic

• Dual Mikunis Rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 CRX DX, 2001 Subaru 2.5RS, 2004 Accord EX, 1983 Honda VT500FT
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
TSX K-series, new race wheels/tires...
"If Honda does not race there is no Honda." -Soichiro Honda

Posted Image

eric87crx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1987 CRX HF W/ Si motor R.I.P, 1985 Si w/ D16A1, 1996 Neon
    Garage View Garage
i would put some ungodly huge engine in it and make it a drag car

What He Said /\/\/\

PowerWheels86

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 CIVIC Si
    Garage View Garage
whatever it took to make it faster than lil buddy's 10.8 1/4 mile... no NO2 though.. and still make it look stock from the exterior... total sleeper...
Dark Side of the Power........
Posted Image

Wheels

QUOTE (RARECRX @ Jun 26 2009, 06:55 PM)
The ONLY BMW's I like are (Beautiful Mexican Women)

ChrisF-dude