What Kinda Exhaust U Got?

• You cannot reply to this topic
21 replies to this topic

WeaponREX86

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
What kind of exhaust system do you guys have/recommend? What brand? How wide? HP? etc. Thanks!

C_piddy

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 turbo zc (turbo edit) -1986 carb dohc zc hf
hmmm

i have a 2 inch exhaust that used to be all one piece from the headers to the muffler. but i had a cat put in cuz i thought it would help me with emissions... it didn't but it made my car a little bit quieter... i have a magniflow muffler and as soon as i get paid i will have a reactive header. not sure about power, sounds nice and looks fairly stock because of no tip... it's loud as hell... and pops when i down shift... it pops a lot.

chris blink.gif
no fighting in the war room!

Dr. Strangelove

Disco Stu

• Who's this guy?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si, 2006 Mazda6i Hatchie
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Stocker exhaust for the moment. I'm going to upgrade to a stainless 2.5" diameter with a 3" resonator, catco universal high flow, and a thermal 8" oval muffler. No clue how much HP it'll give me, or if it'll hurt due to too much flow, but it's in preparation for a B series swap this spring/summer.

RexKrazy

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si/1987 Integra LS Hybrid
2.5 inch all the way back to some cheap dyna max muffler or some crap w/ a sweet angle cut steel tip.
Tony Palumbo
'86 CRX Si ZC

boman

• BOman
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX Si ZC-Turbo, 1999 Honda Civic Dx
    • Image Gallery
1.75 or 2" stock Si exhaust with a Magnaflow muffler and Ractive dual DTM tip.

I know, I know...Bling bling. What can I say, it was 1998.

Future exhaust plan, if I can still find an old school cherry bomb muffler, I want my
exhaust to exit out the side. Kinda like the 1984 Suzuka Mugen PRO CR-X pace cars.

Or not. Who knows, mine still works, until I have some extra cash it's staying put.

JAKOB biggrin.gif
1987 Honda CRX Si 1.6 DOHC TURBO (ZC)
1999 Honda Civic Dx

Sold:
1999 Civic SiR
2002 Lexus IS300

Simple87Si

SS Sebring Tuning w/ 3" Tip and Custom 2.5" Cat Back with No Resonator.

I got the muffler for free off my dad's '94 Prelude.
It's loud as hell and it improves performance, i can feel that there is restriction at the headers and the cat.. and it pops everytime i change gears.. hope after i put my turbo in it's going to quiet down some.. so loud it gets annoying at times.
user posted image

CRXdan

Well I got a stock exhust with a chrome tip. Im not a fan of exhaust systems, they add more noise than HP anyways. I painted my muffler silver and from far away ot looks like its aftermarket. Maybe one day ill put the stainless Toyota Matrix exhaust. Has a nice tone to it, like a Porsche, not ricey at all.
I at one time considered installing those cherry bomb snake exhausts, i have one in my shop, but they get way to loud
90 crx si
13.17@113 street tires low boost
86 samurai g16 turbo

87CRXSiR

• But It's A Dry Heat
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si
2.5" custom exhaust, aluminized piping. Hi-Flo Cat. Magnaflow muffler. 5" bling bling coffee can. (I too had this done four years ago) No clue how much HP I've added. Looks great, sounds awesome.
DM
PHX, AZ

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    Garage View Garage
2.25" piping, SS mandrel bent, with SS magnaflow 14" resonator and a 18" 4x9 center/offset SS muffler (both mufflers are 2.5" internally. 2.5"" tailpipe with a dump tip....

Ghost-One

• the only Moderator who can fight MONSTERS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
i have an HKS sports cat back at 2,25 inch yeah the best part it looks stock

CRX8Grand

• Hey I remember my password to this site
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 09 Civic Si
stock exhaust mani - > 2.25" Catco cat -> ebay straight thru fart can on passenger side

No resonators... its just stupid loud... but it doesnt sound bad... just to loud ... I tried takin sound clips thru a POS recorder.. but the batteries were gone.

Im getting a magnaflow 4" round muffler. Mountiing it after the cat and having one bend(near the gas tank) and having it exit out the side or in a turn down... I like the fart can sound, but I hate its looks.. I used to like it... but Im going for less exhaust routing.. if I feel like it I might leave the pipe go out hte back into a tip on the passenger side.

To bad the exhaust shop I went to didnt have the camera that day.. they take pics of their work and post them on their site... mufflerman.org... good guys. but I can weld now so Im gonna just get a muffler off of them and weld it myself. I dont feel like posting pics right now

~2009 Civic Si 4dr~

83Rabbit

• White Rice
  • PipPip
mr. dis, NICE setup! superclean!
Im gonna go next month and order a pacesetter exhaust, its one of the only pre-bent kits for our cars out there, once I get it Ill switch the muffler out for a dynomax and cut the gay looking chrome/yellow tip that comes on all of em and replace it with something resembling mr. dis' setup. Those are my plans, next mod I buy for my car actually as the stock exhaust is old and rickety.
1986 Grabber Blue CRX Si: K&N Filter, koni reds, air/fuel guage, msd blaster ss, ss lines, teg front/rear brakes.

"If anyone on this board ever installs one of those things, and I hear about it, I will ban them for life. " - rpr

Doodson

• DOODSON
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 Racing Civic , 1995 Street Civic CX , 2007 Honda Civic 4dr, 1992 Racing Acura integra
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Well I started off buy purchasing some 1 1/2 copper tubing that I hand bent from the local Hardware store. I then needed a Cat. so I used an old Coffee can filled with Kitty litter and steel wool and to muffle the sound I used a clothes pin and a hockey card at the tip.

GTpilot biggrin.gif

cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery
Starting at the head, I have a DC Sport 4-2-1 header with heat wrap that feeds a generic catalytic converter. Just behind the cat, I have a generic 18" glaspak. Behind the glaspak, the 2" pipe makes one turn and exits just in front of the right rear tire.

I bought the header for about $100 used, the Cat was $85 installed, the glaspak/side exit exhaust cost $120 installed. This sytem is light, quiet enough to not draw attention from the cops, yet with a rich deep sound. There is just enough back pressure to insure low end torque, but breathes well at high RPMs.

I installed the header myself and had my local muffler shop do the custom exhaust in stages (the cat went in first at smog check time and the glaspak went in later).
I would recommend that anyone needing a new exhaust talk to his local muffler shop who can fabricate something for you for a fraction of the price of a "cat-back" system. And chrome mufflers with garbage can tips... are for amateurs.

Scott
Posted Image

Form Follows Function

gtpilot

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si - HYDRA, '86 CRX Si
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (Doodson @ Apr 4 2003, 04:13 PM)
Well I started off buy purchasing some 1 1/2 copper tubing that I hand bent from the local Hardware store. I then needed a Cat. so I used an old Coffee can filled with Kitty litter and steel wool and to muffle the sound I used a clothes pin and a hockey card at the tip.

GTpilot biggrin.gif

ohmy.gif ...stealth sound from that system, huh?... ph34r.gif

Kirk