Picked Up A 1986 Civic Wagon 4X4....know Nothing About It - Help!

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

EuphoricDysphoria

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX Si
    Garage View Garage

So I recently picked up a 1986 Civic Wagon 4x4 5 speed (Or 6 if you include SL) and I know nothing about it, car has 146K

Which engine's can be swapped and will bolt right up to the 4x4 tranny?

Good places to buy parts? Need's exhaust & a front wheel bearing.

Are the pre 88's worth any money?

Which is better, RT4WD or Manual like this one has?

Basically just any information you know about these or a place I can go to read up would be great!

I attached a few pic's.

Thanks! :D

Wagon1.jpg

Wagovan4.jpg

Wagon3.jpg

Wagon2.jpg

Wagon5.jpg

Wagon6.jpg

Wagon7.jpg

PowerWheels86

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 CIVIC Si
    Garage View Garage

In the order these questions were asked...

i stand corrected... puddleskipper's got you on this one

Best place for parts, junk yards, rockauto.com, and here, best bet is to put up a WTB for whatever you're looking for...

What do you mean by worth any money? Depends on the buyer... Most cars at this age are more for the die hard fans... They really are the type of car that you expect to give your all and get nothing in return... Like having a dog... It's your best friend, but it's gonna cost you...

Personally i would think the rt4wd for fun, but I've never driven one, it just sounds more fun...

RPR really is the best place to find any info on your car... Just use the search function and I'm sure you'll find hours and hours worth of reading material!!

Welcome!!

Dark Side of the Power........
Posted Image

Wheels

QUOTE (RARECRX @ Jun 26 2009, 06:55 PM)
The ONLY BMW's I like are (Beautiful Mexican Women)

PuddleSkipper

• Ecomodder/Hypermiler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 89 Civic LX, 00 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 84 Civic 1500S (R.I.P.), 85 Wagovan (R.I.P.), 84 Civic GL (R.I.P.)

Man am I jeaaaaalouussss!!!! and your around my old stomping ground! That belhousing will bolt up to the 86-89 integra engines, the DOHC ZC (which is what I personally would do with a 4X4 wagon) or any of the newer D series from 88-00 like you could totally do a D16Z6 or a D16Y8 if you chose to. You will have to weld up the EW mount and the maybe slightly mod the intermediate shaft to make it work but after that your good and everything else should fit like stock. Use an 88-89 integra harness, use everything from the seat forward. Check out sindrlla's thread!

http://www.redpepper...ic=24801&page=1

EuphoricDysphoria

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX Si
    Garage View Garage

That's awesome a DOHC ZC will fit, I thought for sure that was for 88+ models because of such minimal under hood space.

Well I'm going to fix the couple things it needs and probably just drive it for a while but you never know you guy's might see it listed for sale on here haha, I tend to get bored of vehicles rather quickly.

Thanks for the info!

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage

Yep, that's about it.  Look hard enough, and you can find a carb'd zc and all you have to do is add a fuel pump.

Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.