• You cannot reply to this topic
15 replies to this topic

Richardcoto452th

• OEM
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 86 Honda CRX Si
    Garage View Garage
As a new member of this Site I really enjoy it, it's nice plain and simple. RPR creators you guys did great keep it up!
& have you guys ever thought about making an app for this Site? It would really be neat cool.gif

Frank

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 crx si
I agree this site is the shit, It blows honda tech out the water and the app sounds like an amazing idea and probably provide more activity on here for people who need to ask questions and get answers alittle bit faster.

So I'm plus 1 on the app (even tho my opinion probably doesnt really matter)
Bam! Behold, a public bulletin board, built of both brilliance and barbarity by bastards with boners. This bastion, no mere bulwark of boredom, is a brutal barrage of blistering bullshit, barely benevolent...A brotherhood of blasphemy, blessed with more balls than brains, battling the bland, the bogus, the benign. Bedlam? Bring it on. But I babble... better to be brief. We are /b/.

1gcvcb18

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 84' Honda CIvic HB, 93 Honda Accord EX Wagon
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Frank @ Mar 8 2012, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree this site is the shit, It blows honda tech out the water and the app sounds like an amazing idea and probably provide more activity on here for people who need to ask questions and get answers alittle bit faster.

So I'm plus 1 on the app (even tho my opinion probably doesnt really matter)
I second the idea of an app

cbb4bf8a-8fb9-4b3f-9246-c8a7778a62a1_zps

Build Thread

Screech

• Project CI2-VIC Team Lead
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 16 Ford RS, 84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2), 98 Civic EX
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Sorry, I don't understand the point of an app for a website. Seems silly to me to go through the work of writing an app or paying for an app that is already written that links to a site on a mobile device that already has a web browser. If you want instant notice of replies, when you make the thread subscribe to it and make sure you email address for the forums is one that supports pushing email to your phone. Hotmail and gmail do this fine as I'm sure others will too.

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)
84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2 2.0l, SMF)

masterpenguin

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1986 Crx Si
Yea I think the cost would be too much, plus since the site got faster with loading times its no trouble for me to just browse on my phone. I'm on my phone right now as a matter of fact.
-rob

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
I wouldn't mind if the site were to become tapatalk compatible.
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

Frank

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 crx si
Well the app could also have a chat room which could be fun and useful. I mean I like the idea but I wont get butt hurt if it is denied.
Bam! Behold, a public bulletin board, built of both brilliance and barbarity by bastards with boners. This bastion, no mere bulwark of boredom, is a brutal barrage of blistering bullshit, barely benevolent...A brotherhood of blasphemy, blessed with more balls than brains, battling the bland, the bogus, the benign. Bedlam? Bring it on. But I babble... better to be brief. We are /b/.

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I have given it some *brief* thought, I still need to upgrade the forum software, and see what it has for mobile users. There may be something already there that will work better.

On a side note, I finally fixed the service manuals!
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

zakats

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
I don't disagree with the chat idea but it has been discussed and tried a few times but interest always dies off.

Screech

• Project CI2-VIC Team Lead
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 16 Ford RS, 84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2), 98 Civic EX
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Frank @ Mar 10 2012, 09:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well the app could also have a chat room which could be fun and useful. I mean I like the idea but I wont get butt hurt if it is denied.

We have chat, "Shoutbox" at the top.

EuphoricBlue

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
You newer folk need to know that RPR is the driving force behind this website... Literally, he's pulling all the technical background strings single handed.
There's really no need to clutter his efforts up with extra projects tongue.gif

But I agree with the others, what could be gained with an app? A slightly more cellphone friendly interface? To run an app, you need a smart phone. I've not met a smart phone incapable of viewing a standard website.

Also, as mentioned the site does have chat. It is a neglected feature. It really is impractical due to the widespread nature of this community; the time zones and life styles of the users makes it a vacant spot indeed.

Hey RPR, thanks a LOT for fixing those service manuals! I can return to answering peoples questions with "You know we have a manual for that, right?" biggrin.gif

bigboi407

• Anti-Government Official
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1998 Dodge Dakota 2.5 2wd, 1986 Civic Si, 1990 Accord DX, 1994 Suzuki RF900R
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (rpr @ Mar 10 2012, 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have given it some *brief* thought, I still need to upgrade the forum software, and see what it has for mobile users. There may be something already there that will work better.

On a side note, I finally fixed the service manuals!

THANK YOU, Very Much...... Next chance i get to a printer im Printing all FSM Chapters... i Already have Chapter 15 (Transmission) Which Greatly helped me in rebuilding my spare trans

On the other hand, im more of a Laptop/computer person, i HATE Cellphones, i have a Cheap FREE Tracphone that supplies me with 250 minutes a month and sometimes dont use it for a whole month... though the APP would be great for people on the go
1984-1987 HONDA CIVIC CRX PARTS FOR SALE 1/25/12

I drive with a Lead-foot for Two Reasons--> 1. i like to be out front of the idiots that dont know how to drive 2. i like to the hear the sound of my engine..

zakats

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
I'd suggest only doing a few pages at a time^ as to keep a mild server load.

Xipher

• OMG! I posted THAT!?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: 1986 Honda CRX Si (project), 98' GMC K2500 BIG BLOCK 4WD, 2008 Honda Fit Sport, 2017 Chevrolet Volt
    Garage View Garage
Probably the best thing to do is use the lo-fi link tongue.gif

Example here

http://www.redpepper...sion/index.php/

Its fast and easy on any mobile device!
Full of The Internets!
etmydst - ""...and since he was the hardest gangster in all of stockton they were to scared to go in his house so they drove by and said "slow down forest"..."
My Vouch Thread

SUPERFLY831

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1995 ACCORD V6/87 CRX SI
I think an app would be cool..but if its just one person doing all the programming than it'll be very difficult.. but on the plus side.there is an opportunity for rpr to make money off an app.having a free version with ads,and an adfree paid version would work.but i see alot of people are used to what is already here.which is fine.besides apps need a team of programmers to constantly detect and fix bugs..a