Oil Stick

• You cannot reply to this topic
6 replies to this topic

hypo_xz

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 crx si
Is there a slight difference of the oil stick because everytime I drive it the oil goes down and I have to fill it back up..

Nothing is leaking...I don't see no big oil spill anywhere

Is it true that it's bad to have to much oil?

Please let me know...

Simple87Si

are you sure you're not burning oil?.. smoke coming out your exhaust?.. huh.gif
user posted image

hypo_xz

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
let me go check...so if I warm it up smoke will come out of the exhaust?

Simple87Si

yes, it should if it's burning oil.. you really need to get a FSM.. wink.gif
user posted image

crxmobber

• Mobbin Clean
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 CRX Si, 85 CRX Si, 98 prelude, 5th Gen VFR, WRX
    • Image Gallery
How long ago did you get the zc? How many miles are on it? Alot of times the rings will be bad on the imported zc's causing oil to burn in the combustion chamber and resulting in oil consumption. My zc seems to burn a bit of oil, but not much more than my old d15a3 did. I don't drive too far everyday but I put maybe 1/4-1/2 quart of oil every couple of weeks. I'm going to do a rebuild on the motor soon so I guess I'm not too worried right now. How much oil is it losing and how often?

SportInjectedClub

hypo_xz

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
im not sure because im using the 86si oil stick...Is it different from the othe dip stick (integras)

Please let me know because someone said it's bad to put to much oil in because it might go all over the spark plugs

Also how much would that job be to replace the rings?

Dobajara

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: '86 Hydra CRX Si, 2007 Civic EX (DD)
I have one bad cylinder. I have replaced my plug with a hotter (one heat range)one for now. I hope to check compression this weekend. I think that it may be my rings but maybe (hopefully) a burned valve or bad stem seal. The hotter plug gives me a little more time between foulings.

I also have problems with my spark plug tips coming unscrewed and that cause the engine to miss when the plug doesn't fire.

Good luck

Doobie