1986 Honda Civic Si Ideas And Help

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

Victor Smith

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
Gotta say I love this car. But the previous owner obviously didn't. Every and I do mean every hose is rusted. The thermostat bolts broke off when changing it. Vacuum hoses are leaking and it burns gas very fast. Any ideas and or tips?

3rd gen sinner

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2016 Contributor
    • Drives: 15 Kia Sorento, 86 Civic
    Garage View Garage

Replace all coolant hoses and do a coolant flush. Easy out broken bolts and/or replace the thermostat housing. Do a devac if you are not in an emissions control state.

Victor Smith

• Granny
  • Pip
Where can I get a thermostat housing? I've been searching all morning for one. Simply can't find one.

GeezRX

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2016 Contributor
    • Drives: Only loaners at the present time!
    Garage View Garage

This particular part of the thermostat housing (section that the bolts thread into) isn't available from dealers any longer. You'll have to find it at a salvage yard such as here: http://www.beaversho...pe-sku6829.html or hope that a member here might have one they will sell, possibly N.W. Classic Honda? The outer part that the hose attaches to is still available as an aftermarket item from such as RockAuto.com but I'm assuming that you don't actually need that part of it.

Skip

"Old and usually in the way" - Check out my '86 3G build in "VIEW GARAGE"

Victor Smith

• Granny
  • Pip
I'm just going to save money for an engine swap. It'll be easier and save me the headache. (Hopefully)