Smoke Signals And Burning Oil

• You cannot reply to this topic
7 replies to this topic

stuart

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 CRX DX
Anyone got any ideas why im burning alot of oil and seeing white smoke?

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
isnt oil blue smoke? are you sure its oil and not brake fluid ph34r.gif
1GRPhotography
MySpace
I'ma in the Carburetion Nation

Surestick

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 CRX DX. Upgrades (so far) Illuminas on all four corners, new rims & tires & Eldo's carb mod. Needs some rust repair. 1993 Civic Si as a daily driver that I have sworn to keep stock (so $$ can go to the CRX).
^^ What he said.

White smoke is usually coolant or brake fluid.

Granted when they say blue smoke, it's more of a blueish white.

Whatever it is, you can generally tell what fluid is being burnt by the smell.

david21ky

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
u know what i have the same problem..i start my car and it starts smoking real bad..
i figure it bein one of two things ok..
it doesnt smell like oil...
BUT LOOK AT IT LIKE THIS
i took off my EGR and my O2 sensor...
would that cause a vehicle to flood? in other words would it throw off my mixture so bad causing it to smoke.
BUT you all know im in the mdst of putting my new clutch in..i wretch up there grabbed the pressure plate and was able to turn my engine with my hand..
so in other words ive have bad compression so therefore i have BAD RINGS maybe causing it to do it?
what do you all think

stuart

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 CRX DX
As it turns out, that's the problem I have. My rings are fried. So now Im in the market for a new engine. It just keeps gettin better and better. sad.gif

crxmobber

• Mobbin Clean
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 CRX Si, 85 CRX Si, 98 prelude, 5th Gen VFR, WRX
    • Image Gallery
yeah that will happen. our hondas use weak oil control rings causing this time and time again. compression tests will show up good and still burn oil. swap time biggrin.gif

SportInjectedClub

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 crx ,98 malibu ,90 hatch,87 hatch trailer,87 legend,95 dodge neon,90 civic sedan SE
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (david21ky @ Apr 26 2006, 08:31 AM)
u know what i have the same problem..i start my car and it starts smoking real bad..
i figure it bein one of two things ok..
it doesnt smell like oil...
BUT LOOK AT IT LIKE THIS
i took off my EGR and my O2 sensor...
would that cause a vehicle to flood? in other words would it throw off my mixture so bad causing it to smoke.
BUT you all know im in the mdst of putting my new clutch in..i wretch up there grabbed the pressure plate and was able to turn my engine with my hand..
so in other words ive have bad compression so therefore i have BAD RINGS maybe causing it to do it?
what do you all think

didnt you just put a headman headder ??? i bet its the paint off the headder let that sucker run until the paint burns off and hows your heat gauge is it over heating or is it at half way line ????

Edited by phatboycrxhf, 13 May 2006 - 05:21 AM.

My Webpage
(quote by RareCrx)HAVE A MADD TYTE DIGGITY DOGG ,BUBBLES SPRAYIN ON THE INTERCOOLER, poopin ON A 8 SECOND CHEVELLE WITH MY MINI-ME SWAP DAY..

david21ky

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
!!! OH U ARE RIGHT.... lol
the header.. yeh that could be the problem to. and also where i put the header back on when i put the clutch in.. i had oil and grease on my hands sooo it could be burning that off to.. mannn im eat up with the dumbass