85 CRX DX totally original
07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

na-spirit

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 Civic si. 01 Integra Type R

Restored my badge, and finished making passenger side moldings.. Coilovers should ship out monday or tuesday according to Marcus. I hooope.

Have to do the hatch trim/front window trim annnd think that's about it on exterior besides other details I find.  Then to making it drive reliably/ interior stuff.

Sl4OuYMl.jpg
BLssXYxl.jpg
Ai0OXMjl.jpg
3bPeeLwl.jpg
GGlwvqtl.jpg

Edited by na-spirit, 20 May 2022 - 04:27 PM.

CSPCRX

That turned out great.  Did you spray it all red, then all black and finally use reducer to remove the black on the “SI”?

Victor
86 K24 Powered CRX SI (SMF Solo2, HPDE-4 NASA & TA-A Time Attack

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

na-spirit

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

Thanks!  Yep,  I just put a decent amount of clear on it to shield it from the thinner I gently rubbed on to remove the black.

CSPCRX

I am going to restore some center caps on my Honda mesh wheels that way.

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

na-spirit

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

I used SEM trim black.  Just make sure you build the black in light coats. I made the mistake of too wet before and it'll wrinkle up, especially if you don't let the clear sit for a day it seemed. 

Also use thinner instead, reducer can work.. but faster results with thinner I think, gentle does it.

CSPCRX

Thanks.  I saw a YouTube video of a guy restored center caps and the process was interesting.  Badge looks great!

once I get the K swap done I will have the wheels restored for the 85.

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

na-spirit

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

Can't wait to see the k in your car..

yep restored wheels makes a massive difference, so worth it.. I did a quicky but I'm trying to not get to obsessed as I just want to drive this thing hard eventually. 

Took the car out to get some gas as it's going to the my shop next week for a new lower rad + have to redo my hood ( needs to be sanded more to be level with the header panel) No biggey.. shit happens.

Used SEM trim black for my front and rear hatch trim. Some final details and basically there.. ooh need to trim black the lower part of the car like factory, do that tomorrow

KS3LWwHl.jpg
OyaDX7Ul.jpg
71HZjJbl.jpg
nfFzU2ml.jpg
6bGkW45l.jpg
hiukcAJl.jpg
JWzqJvyl.jpg
Tcil6FZl.jpg
ctM9hWFl.jpg

Edited by na-spirit, 21 May 2022 - 06:03 PM.

CSPCRX

WOW outstanding!  I am sure you enjoyed every minute behind the wheel and got tones of looks.  Car looks so good!

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

na-spirit

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

I've missed this car so much.. I had a friend try to make a offer to buy it the other day and I said don't even bother, I need this experience first. Bucket list to make a statement with a honda. A k swapped 3rd gen civic would be it, priceless!

Btw I have a second doobie speed front lip for back up ha. If I can source a 84-87 crx front bumper I'm going to make a mold, then work it to fit that bumper. I saw it done before and got some interest.. I want to try and put it into production. 

I'll have to pay attention to the junk yards when I move to Arkansas soon. 

CSPCRX

Absolutely need to enjoy it!  The K Swap kits will be available in a couple of weeks and a how to video as well.  

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

na-spirit

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

I'm so excited for that.. Ready to order!

greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2018 Contributor
    • Drives: 9 crx's: #1 228k 87si beater, #2 concours 25K, #3 108K 87si, #4 98K parts car, #5 213K 87si parts car, #6 84 straman, #7 86si 150k #8 67k parts #9 129K si for straman conversion
the rims and badge look great! did you paint the inside of the rims as well? the beads for sealing the tire?
Keepin' it OEM

na-spirit

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

Thank you! I'm pretty happy with how it came out.. had to do few things over and over due to messing up ha, but got it worked out. 

I only painted the outside of the wheels, Way to lazy for all that.. plus inside was pretty trashed, even tried to pressure wash it.

Met up with my friend to work the lower rad support, also had to redo my hood as I didn't care for how high it was sitting on one side... not perfect but I'm pretty satisfied seeing that accident did some pretty annoying damage.

Seems like these cars have some ass bumper fitment also, and I'm sure my car is missing stuff.. that upper bumper retainer is pretty weak, so my friend welded up a support bar which did the trick! 

Car is bascially complete outside..I'm taking a break from it at least and focusing on suspension/brakes now.

Teins came in also!

vZfNrXHl.jpg
usnlChBl.jpg
l9Pm6CAl.jpg
q3nTW1Cl.jpg
jCYciTol.jpg
aS8TOQdl.jpg

CSPCRX

Ice choice

Victor