Going Overkill....

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

OfCoarseItGoesFast

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: '84 CRX, '08 Impreza, '04 X3
This is probably a no brainer for you guys but is it even possible to go forced induction on my carbed ew1? I know in theory it is but has anyone ever actually seen this and if so know where to get a kit at?

Scottie

RFL85CRXSI

• The Martinsburg Intimidator!
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1985 Honda Civic CRX Si ,'85 Honda Civic CRX DX, '02 Ford Crown Victoria Police Crusier, '94 Chevy S-10 LS1 (Haul'n AsS-10), '98 Plymouth Breeze 2.4T
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Yes its possible and yes it has been done. Talk to eldo. He is (or atleast used to) run a T-25 w/ a modified stock Kehin carburator.

Suck my SOHC!
Im the VTAC sauze on your Honda Burger!

stevo911_

• I'm Canadian, Eh?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 2000 Civc Ltd Edition w B16a swap
#1for searching for eldo's stuff, he's got a thread about a blow-through setup somehwere on this site, as for a kit, its something you'll have to get creative with and piece together yourself

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
a modified EW engine is never overkill, unless you spend 2k on the engine, then it isn't just overkill, it's a waste
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

Maine_Honda_Racer

• Can't stay off the race track!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1993 Civic EX Track Car, 1987 Crx Si Ice Racer, 1990 CRX Si Track Car, 2004 Dodge Durango
Its possible. I've done it, though that was on an RX-7, not on a CRX. Its not something you are going to be able to find out of the box. I had to build a carb hat and all the related tubing. It certainly be done. You have to decide if you want to go blow through or pull through on the turbo setup. Take a look at Corky Bell's book Maximum Boost for some really good information on turboing carb'd cars.

Ben

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Feb 28 2010, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In fact, I rock out an RPR decal!

3gencivic

• civics rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 01 jimmy4x4, 92 ranger custom longbox 2wd
im in the final stages of my turbo carbed ew engine.

if you look for my post in projects of........ my drag car... its in there pics are down but its there.

i had it on 4psi before i blew the head gasket. not still 100% sure how but it went. so its in rebuild again.

im the one that was the crazy nut an spent 4k on my ew engine JUST engine to have ithold up to high boost. the engine in total with trubo stuff i figure im close to 6-7k