Getting My 86/87 Si Back Finally After 2 1/2 Years!

• You cannot reply to this topic
7 replies to this topic

lucky03602

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 crx si, 95 jeep wrangler.
    Garage View Garage
long story short. on craigslist i found a 86/87 si (dont remember year) located 2 hours away for 600.00. talked, me and my ex gf went and checked it over. i liked it so i gave him the cash. went back a week later with temp tags to drive it home. it had a junk battery and dead alt, and still drove the 2 hours with no issue.

got it home, gutted it and cleaned the hell out of interior. had some rust issues on the rockers/floor boards seam that i got taken care of by my friend who is a welder/fabricator by trade. also replaced blower motor, new battery, alt.

i got a dwi and had to sell it to a friend for the money to start my classes and such.

well he is now in no need for the car and asked me if i wanted it back so of course i said yes! stopping by his house tomorrow for bill of sale and old reg so i can register it in my name and picking it back up this weekend.

as siked as i am to get it i know ill have to do work to it, my friend is a lazy non responsible type.

once i get my new-old crx here ill post pics and give you an update on it!! ill post by sunday.

its a rio red si and when i bought it in early of 09 it had 125k ORIGIONAL miles on her smile.gif
got my rex back home 1-23-12!!

1986 crx si 5spd victoria red 146k origional miles.

*updated weekly*

eec4tuner

• I hunt pineapples...
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 88crx si (B16A1swap) 85crx si (D16a1swap) 90 ford mustang coupe (347 stroker 6 speed) 2000 Honda RC51 (full Ohlins suspension,MoriwakiExh.)
glad to hear you got her back!

Living on a rock in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2018 Contributor
    • Drives: 9 crx's: #1 228k 87si beater, #2 concours 25K, #3 108K 87si, #4 98K parts car, #5 213K 87si parts car, #6 84 straman, #7 86si 150k #8 67k parts #9 129K si for straman conversion
Glad you got her back.

Great mileage!!
Keepin' it OEM

lucky03602

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
not getting til monday now. he did say it had a gas leak but he didnt tell me it was pissing gas out of the line like a broken faucet. That paired with an after market exhaust of some sort, not extremly loud but not quiet either, and the fact i was going to drive it un regestered with the plates off my truck...came to conclusion ill borrow a trailer and get it monday after work.

*updated weekly*

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
sounds like a better idea. i think i can speak for a lot of people here and say don't f it up again like you did the first time... do not like story...
1986 Civic Si; b16a is in.. just gotta get it running..
longest swap ever..... :(

lucky03602

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
dont plan on it. i was assuming that the leak wasnt bad and the exhaust was stock..once i found out different i changed plans right away. kept the car running for 10 mins or so to check it out. runs very smooth luckily. there is some rust on the rear wheel wells on the inside, not visible, that im going to take care of in spring. the patch jobs they did on the rockers is shi**y as heck so that will be address correctly too.

basically ill drive it once its fixed and reg'd and make a list and come spring time ill fix what ever needs fixing. mechanically its good just typical new england body cancer. i got a friend who is a great welder/fabricator so no worries there.

i will be checking classifieds on here for parts and posting wtb's once i know more what im dealing with.

*updated weekly*

lucky03602

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
got her home today, man was that an adventure! anyways. body work is definetly in order this spring, i accidently pulled some bondo off the rear wheel well on pass side while loading car onto trailer. so far i got a directional to fix, no rear view mirror (stem is there but no mirror), pass side sun visor, and a hell of a lot of cleaning to do.

he still has all his stuff in the car, im going to throw it all in a garbage bag sometime when i got time this week and drop it off to him. once i clean it out ill know more.

it is an 86 si tho, milage is now 146k. looks like a stock muffler but with bigger piping. no idea on cat didnt look yet. he said he has chikara headers that i gotta pick up from him he never installed (dont think i will either ill turbo her eventually) brand new winter tires tho!

ill look into her some more throughout the week.

*updated weekly*

lucky03602

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
cleaned out crx today. not too too bad of shape considering. fuel leak ended up being the metal line was rusted where it connects to the fuel pump hose. got a hose on order and ill see if i can temp fix the line with some hose for the winter.

intake tube off air box is ripped on the intake mani side so ill replace that. missing pass side sun visor. muffler has no muffler tips, just the muffler and the nipples off for the tips to clamp to. driver side seat is ripped and looks like crap. after fuel is fixed im going to try to put some nissan pickup (d21 chassis) seats in the rex, depending on how they fit.

this spring we are cutting/grinding the rust and replaceing with real metal instead of tar paper and bondo which is on there now...grrr.

*updated weekly*