Argument On Swaps

• You cannot reply to this topic
16 replies to this topic

Poll: Will an engine swap raise a crx's value?

Will an engine swap raise a crx's value?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery
99.999% of all cars are a depreciating asset. In English: No mater what you do to most cars, they lose value.

A car is not an investment. Do not fool yourself that it ever will be.

If you can afford the swap go for it. I am guessing that your parents do not think this is a wise investment for your limited resources.

Scott
Posted Image

Form Follows Function

Cäz™

• I love Wal*Mart
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 93 Civic Lx sedan
QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 16 2004, 12:57 PM)
99.999% of all cars are a depreciating asset. In English: No mater what you do to most cars, they lose value.

A car is not an investment. Do not fool yourself that it ever will be.

If you can afford the swap go for it. I am guessing that your parents do not think this is a wise investment for your limited resources.

Scott

Generally speaking, you are correct. but (and there is always a but), a car can be an worthwhile investment if that is your goal. Its not unheard of to find a free car (i got one wink.gif )and although it is free for a reason, most of the time it is an easy fix, inwhich case you can fix it up and give it some 'polish' and make a profit. Also, there are people who will buy cars for an insane amount of money because A) they have a lot of money, cool.gif they like the car, and C) they want to restore the car because they like it so much.

but yea...for that 0.001% of cars...there is profit to be made, just gotta find the right person to buy it from ya.

I like fried rice

Facebook me!
http://www.myspace.com/xcazx "...but like i said, i am not desparate...seriously. just bored..."