Itb's - Part One

• You cannot reply to this topic
32 replies to this topic

fhrcng

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 85 Civic S Solo 2 car-owned since new-42000 miles , 05 Dodge Magnum R/T (And yes it had a HEMI!) with Superchips Flashpaq, CAI, Exhaust, Bilsteins)
    Garage View Garage
Looks similiar to what Tom has built for his car. Are you going to weld up the original injector bosses or tap and plug them?
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too
dark to read. -Groucho Marx

lemons

• Carbs are better (lol, not really; but they sound cool)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (fhrcng @ Dec 3 2004, 01:01 PM)
Looks similiar to what Tom has built for his car. Are you going to weld up the original injector bosses or tap and plug them?

Ii'm going to fill the injector holes on the bike throttle bodies with expoxy and have some hose coming out to a vac canister... I think.... so I can still have my brakes and other vac accesories.

My wideband is this one. It should do the trick, it's got a ton a features and i only payed 280 for it, sensor and all. The LCD output and EGT Sensor are optional and cost more. I don't need eather at the moment, so... I'm good.
I have nothing...

fhrcng

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 85 Civic S Solo 2 car-owned since new-42000 miles , 05 Dodge Magnum R/T (And yes it had a HEMI!) with Superchips Flashpaq, CAI, Exhaust, Bilsteins)
    Garage View Garage
Ii'm going to fill the injector holes on the bike throttle bodies

That's probably okay but may be a short term solution. At least you could drill them out and put the injectors there if you find that they don't work well in the original location. Will the stock type injectors work in the bike rail? I went with the Honda 954/929 for compatability with the fuel rail and injectors.

Here was my post on the subject and my approach. Still working on the throttle cable and linkage. http://www.redpepper...1&st=&p=

Good luck with yours smile.gif

Omega Mugen

• Dug Diggler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 CRX w/Si motor, 86 Civic DX Hatch, 2001 Prelude
I set up a throttle linkage on my car using two fender washer and a bolt and nut. I just drilled a hole in the two fender washes and put the barrel end of the throttle cable into the hole and pinched between the two washers. Then I just got an L-bracket drilled a larger hole and dremeled a notch from the hole to the edge and attached the cable. It was easy, not many moving parts, and trouble free. Maybe you can do the same.

Going to Hawaii? You need a Dune Buggy.

WTB: 14x8 or 9" Panasports or Watanabe RS.

WTB: 3g Civic hatch gauge cowl, brown.

WTB: ZC header--FOUND

lemons

• PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
fhrcng:I could bore out the bike injector holes, but the injectors would be spraying on the throttle plate, not to mention I think the bike rail is diffrent?... and that's no good. I thought of using the bike injectors, but I have no clue what they flow.

As far as the linkage for throttle, the stock throttle cable fits, I just dont know about some of the mesurements quite yet. I have a feeling they are close... we'll see. I'm gonna stick with using the bike holes for a vac canister, so the dizzy will have it's advance and I can have brakes and so on...

Let me know how your Honda ones work out.

Omega: So..... you just made a bracket? Is the travel of the cable the same?

Edited by lemons, 03 December 2004 - 10:57 PM.

I have nothing...

fhrcng

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
The only problem with the MC throttle linkage is that the throttle wheel is a little fragile and not made to use a heavy foot for acceleration. smile.gif It broke sitting on the bench when I was working with the cable ends. I ended up using the return cable hole and then I drilled an additional hole further around the wheel where there was more material for the cable to pull on.The problem I am having is with the angle of the bracket that holds the stock cable and the direction it comes out of the firewall. The origininal Civic Si cable is a little too short while the stock Civic S cable looks to be a little too long. It tends to kink a bit what with all of the bends. Here is what I did.

BTW: I am using the stock Civic Si type injectors. They plug right into the MC fuel rail.

lemons

• PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage

Thats what my linkage setup looks like. Mine looks like it's a little tougher then yours. But i'm unsure how of everything still. I'm prolly gonna have to make a bracket like Omega did. And i might have to move a few things around to get it so the throttle isn't too tight at WOT. I dont want the cable breaking while i'm flying down the 1/4. biggrin.gif
I have nothing...

Omega Mugen

• Dug Diggler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
fhrcng:I could bore out the bike injector holes, but the injectors would be spraying on the throttle plate, not to mention I think the bike rail is diffrent?... and that's no good. I thought of using the bike injectors, but I have no clue what they flow.
I think the fuel is supposed to spray onto the valve. That is how it was designed, right? My Trooper's TBI was like that. The injectors were placed before the butterfly valves. Fuel would spray on them a little at idle. It doesn't spray too much that is what the ECU should control.

Omega: So.....  you just made a bracket? Is the travel of the cable the same?

Yep. I just used a Stanley bracket from the hardware store. The travel of the cable is the same for the Weber carb, so no need to mess with it too much. As for your ITBs, I'm not sure.

X-man006

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 crx SI

Edited by rpr, 05 December 2004 - 03:46 PM.

Omega Mugen

• Dug Diggler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
OK, bud. Come back when you're not so drunk. Meatpipe eater.

X-man006

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

Edited by rpr, 05 December 2004 - 03:46 PM.

lemons

• PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
Can someone delete this guy or something?
I have nothing...

X-man006

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

Edited by rpr, 05 December 2004 - 03:45 PM.

lemons

• PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
Some people have no respect.
I have nothing...

lemons

• PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
I just confirmed that the Integra injectors DONT fit in the bike rail or injector holes, AND they are a bit longer then the Susuki injectors.
I have nothing...