Couple Quick ?'s

• You cannot reply to this topic
6 replies to this topic

X-man006

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 crx SI
Hey guys I was just wondering....Does anyone know if the 88-91 si tranny bolt up to my 87 motor..I probably already know the answer...But I just wanted to know the truth...Next question..has anyone on this site done a b20a5 swap...Just thought that would be a cool swap..anyway if anyone has plz give me some info on how to do it...thanx...

87crxdx

that tranny will not bolt up

lemons

• Carbs are better (lol, not really; but they sound cool)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
As far as the b20 swap, I think it can be done, that's an awfully big motor for such a small car. On top of the Hasport motor Mounts you'd need, you'd also need much larger tortion(sp?) bars for the extra weight. That would be an interesting car, but i'd rather go with a GS-R b18 motor.
I have nothing...

Erik

• Kia Rio Driver
  • PipPipPipPip
the b20a5 has a weak bottom end....go with a b20b2 that is the motor your gunna want...plus do a rebuilt on it don't just swap it in cuz you don't know the history on it and also it will have over 100,000 miles on it and if it don't then it problay been abused

X-man006

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
ok correct me if I am wrong but is the b20b2 from the 90-91 prelude.....If it is then I could take the top end from the b20a5 and the bottom end from the b20b2...would that work....?

davens

• Zeno Wagon
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 Civ Wagon(Carb'd ZC 4wd), 89 CRX Si, & 02 Protege
Why would you want a mediocre hp motor that has a tendency to eat bottom ends and requires extensive labor and expense to install?

If you want the letters B and 20 in your car, it's going to be from a B20b or B20z from the CRV. CRV and Prelude parts don't mix before you get any other crazy ideas.

Edited by davens, 30 November 2004 - 04:10 AM.

Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help! Help! I'm being repressed!

X-man006

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Thanx for correcting me..you could have made it a little easier then that..lol...but yeah..I just like the fact of the the b20a5 in a 1st gen CRX...