At Least It Starts

• You cannot reply to this topic
22 replies to this topic

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
come to think of it, I think you could just bore out your stock block for some bigger pistons but you would need a new crank/rods. you can get a lot of revvs from a 1.3 but the rods are like pencils and it isnt worth the loss of power. get some teg pistons, head, 1.5 or 1.6 rods, and ect. then tell your cunado goodbye.

trying to do it with the stock pistons/rods is a bad idea.

that camaro is probably a 15.5-16 second car at best...
with a well built engine with this setup you should be 15.0-15.5 ish

go look up the 1/4 mile time registry and see what setups people are running and what times they get.
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

paisatuner

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 85 honda civic hb
    • Image Gallery
Ok from whitch engine do you think its better to get the pistons and rods? Should I change the heads to???

zakats

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
integra (I believe the brown top pistons have a higher compression ratio) pistons with 84-87 1.5 rods and crank along with an integra head.
I have read that the black top head was better for some reason... I think that this would work but you would need to use the teg brown top distributor for the mechanical advance feature.
You will need to check with one of the race gurus like jgsprod I think he has experience with this... if the 1.3 block and cyl walls are the same as the 1.5 just with less of a bore. if so you can keep your 1.3 block and just have it bored out.
I couldn't begin to put an accurate price on the block honing work required for this but for the bore and hone Id think it ought to be something like $2-300 for a quality job, 50-100 for the head (and 80 to have it milled), 20-100 for the pistons, 5-25 for the rods, all honda bearings/gaskets/ect 200ish, and plenty of other things...this here you are already looking at almost $1000 and probably more. you could save a lot by not using honda parts and by shopping around cautiously for your machine shop work... if you play it smart, maybe you could have it done for about $500 and you will have to do all the assembly yourself.

stevo911_

• I'm Canadian, Eh?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 2000 Civc Ltd Edition w B16a swap
black top head is better for tuneability since its dizzy is electronic advance, bore and hone up here costs $25 a hole, the 1.6 rods wont fit

zakats

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
but this is for a carb'd application,
sure you could convert to FI but I think thats more than the man wants to do.

paisatuner

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Image Gallery
Yea I gona use carbs I just find out that my bike carbs are 37 or 38 mm from a ninja bike hey what if I use dome top pistons for more compression I think they are more expencibe. so I just gona start searching for some parts and as soon I make my 50 dollars hach start I would park my other one to start that project that would be in 1 week and if you have any other good ideas please let me know thancks

zakats

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
just go with teg pistons unless you feel like throwing a lot of money into pistons only a little better than the cheaper teg pistons.

paisatuner

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (zakats @ Aug 29 2007, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
just go with teg pistons unless you feel like throwing a lot of money into pistons only a little better than the cheaper teg pistons.

Yea I would do that cheaper you know jaja