Why Do You Love Your Car?

• You cannot reply to this topic
30 replies to this topic

kamikaze_fish

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: '03 Nissan 350z, '06 Scion tC, 85 CRX, 85 Civic Hatchie
well, I've been through 23+ cars and out of all of them, chevy, ford, mitsubitchy, plymouth, dodge, mazda, and HONDA woot! my 87 si hatch was the most reliable, best gas, and seemed wickedly easier to work on when necessary. All the other cars needed work often and they were slow and sucked. I love my civic! and yeah, I like my 02 also but my '86 is harder to find around here.
SAHCR-Saving Abused Hondas for Cleanup and Restoration - Founder
QUOTE(zakats)
my gosh thats like killing puppies and infants while burning flags all at the same time!!!!

user posted image

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
1. Mechanical Honesty. You hear every noise and humm, squeak and rattle.
2. Simplicity. No power this or insulated that, just simple simple design.
3. Looks. Who was the last person that looked at my car and said 'damn, that big assed flatback is hot!' No one. But they sure change their mind when they see how fast it goes.
4. Sleeper. For the same reason as looks, no one expects anything from my car, and it already does high 15's. And I have only done intake, exhaust and slicks!
5. Go-kart feel. Granted, my car is gutted, but the unboosted steering and lack of insulation really makes you feel your speed.
6. Intake growl. There is just something about the D15A3 that screams Type-R. In fact, most people ask me if I have VTEC under the hood if they never have seen my car, and I say 'no, just a 12 valve 1.5 SOHC'

And finally, because I have made my car what it is today. Every bolt and clip save the subframe and rear axle components has been taken out and replaced at one point or another, I have built my car for a long long time, bit by bit.

And the best part is that there isn't a lot of info or support for these cars, so I am just trying stuff that hasn't been done or isn't available, such as the ram air intake or CRX cluster swap.

Cheers,
Mark

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

Madkore

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1984 Honda Civic Si - For smiles and laughs, Original Owner, 1966 Ford Mustang - 5 speed trans, 4 wheel disks, 1968 Ford F250 - Big Ugly
    • Image Gallery
Because I'm the original owner. Because my car is just a go kart with doors and a roof. Because no one thinks my Civic is that quick. Because I get 30 MPG at 85 MPH. Because my car passes the California Smog Check. Because the insurance is really cheap on a 1984 Honda Civic. Because my Civic has been a faithful steed for twenty years. Because there is still so much to still do to my car.
You're Mad!

Well thank God for that, 'cause if I wasn't, this would probably have never worked.

Captain Jack Sparrow

B20vtec86crx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
why i love my car ?..mmmmmmmmm

weight -1630lbs
2.0 vtec
running 12.3 @113mph on stock ecu (hondata getting tune on sept 5)
ate dodge viper on the way to work
more fun to drive then my S2000
86 crx [email protected] allmotor--SOLD
00 S2000 -stock-SOLD

86 toyota 4runner SAS 36" tsl
locked front and rear w/5.29 gears
dual t-case with 4.7 gears
over 100:1 crawling ratio

76 civic cvcc -quest for mpg

I'm done with speed

Freakendude

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: 87 crx hf
    Garage View Garage
drives nice and looks good...but most important mpgs and chics think its cute biggrin.gif .

Madkore

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1984 Honda Civic Si - For smiles and laughs, Original Owner, 1966 Ford Mustang - 5 speed trans, 4 wheel disks, 1968 Ford F250 - Big Ugly
    • Image Gallery
Another good point I forgot to mention. G3 Civics and G1 CRXs are the last of the sub 2,000 pound Hondas. 2004 Honda Civics are way bigger, and heavier, than an original 1976 Honda Accord. Lightness counts, especially when you want to go fast. 1630 pounds! Nice. Try that with a new Civic.
You're Mad!

Well thank God for that, 'cause if I wasn't, this would probably have never worked.

Captain Jack Sparrow

demon2180

Well i love mine cause i have wanted an crx since 12yrs old. i was looking at my friend's 2gen(12.8sec car SOHC)sleeper, a 94 civic coupe, or an 87 crx si...I looked at all them and my heart just was set on the 87 crx si after i took it out on the street for the test drive, also knowing no one else as touched her motor or anything i bought it for$400 with 136,650 miles on her......took her home and started working on it custome intake gutted(had to take some punds of her)exhaust system brighter head light bulbs and TLC......all with in 2 hours of owning her.i just love how they feel when you drive them plus it is always fun being in a car not alot of people have hooked up and better alot of people in faster cars no knowing you dont f#*k with the 1st gen CRXs hahahahahahahahhahahahhahahaha
user posted imageshift light offuser posted imageshift light on heheh
user posted imageSportInjectedClub

bryman10

• Sterno
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 2006 Acura TSX 6MT, 2012 Honda Civic LX sedan (wifey's); 1996 Toyota Celica GT convertible (for sale)
    • Image Gallery
For me it's the whole package:
Lightweight, go-kart-like handling, HUGE power (w/ B16 an turbo biggrin.gif ), great reliability, versatility (hatchbacks rock!), decent gas mileage (EVEN w/ B16 and turbo biggrin.gif ), and most of all for me:
HAVING A UNIQUE CAR THAT IS VERY FAST, HANDLES GREAT, AND LOOKS DIFFERENT THAN EVERY OTHER COOKIE CUTTER CLONE CIVIC OR NEON OUT THERE! wink.gif

Oh, did I mention I walk Corvettes and Vipers on a routine basis? laugh.gif

bryman
Who the hell is this Zed C. person????
my ebay ID: sterno10

"Please", "I appreciate it", "thank you very much", "I'm sorry"= common courtesy....what a great concept (ESPECIALLY for business)!!

Posted Image

Posted Image
Wagonvan clan member

Ghost-One

• the only Moderator who can fight MONSTERS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
QUOTE (bryman10 @ Aug 4 2004, 10:06 AM)
For me it's the whole package:
Lightweight, go-kart-like handling, HUGE power (w/ B16 an turbo biggrin.gif ), great reliability, versatility (hatchbacks rock!), decent gas mileage (EVEN w/ B16 and turbo biggrin.gif ), and most of all for me:
HAVING A UNIQUE CAR THAT IS VERY FAST, HANDLES GREAT, AND LOOKS DIFFERENT THAN EVERY OTHER COOKIE CUTTER CLONE CIVIC OR NEON OUT THERE! wink.gif

Oh, did I mention I walk Corvettes and Vipers on a routine basis? laugh.gif

bryman

Damn bry bry you car is damn fast

CRXfanatic

• Dual Mikunis Rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 CRX DX, 2001 Subaru 2.5RS, 2004 Accord EX, 1983 Honda VT500FT
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Cuz it's cheap, light, easy to work on, and fast.
"If Honda does not race there is no Honda." -Soichiro Honda

Posted Image

ChrisF-dude