435 replies to this topic

DEIVIONCRX

• Demon Of All Trades
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 88 Civic DX, 90 CRX DX, 80 Trans Am, 10 Fit Sport
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I'm starting to collect parts. I'm down to the last few things. After the next AutoX (May 9th or 10th) its going to be on like donky kong.

Ill try to compile what B-series stuff ive already writen and found out along with what i start on in the next month.

The start of the final collection of parts.

XACT Pro-Lite flywheel, 8.8lbs. I was going to go with the Fidanza 7lbs but i dont like the removable friction material, the holes for the screws are just a reduction in friction surface.
Rywire OBD0-1 Conversion harness
Raxles 3GenB swap axles.
OEM Honda Vtec oil pump.

Whats not picture is a HF speedo cluster for the VSS pulser.
And an Action clutch thats still on its way. Pics of it when it gets here, Along with some weight comparison of Stock vs Aftermarket.
Posted Image

crazy87rexsi

• A big hairy american winning machine
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: To much for you pal, Ferrari...lol.......B16 1G, stock as a mofo!! ;)
    Garage View Garage
sounds nice!!
what motor setup(b16,ls, etc....)

ive got a fidanza and exedy stg 1 for mine(shipping weight was 25lbs as on the box +one hell of a deal for them together) my freind has a 1g lazer awd turbo with fidanza 8lb and exedy oem and it hooks alright untill hes on the track and dumps the clutch huh.gif (i know scared me but nothing broke this time laugh.gif ph34r.gif )
i'll let you know how mine does whenever i get it done dry.gif
Josh

-part of the exclusive side license plate club

qouted from CarNutCertifies
Sex should be like a Civic; slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear

Pics of Build

Build Thread

DEIVIONCRX

• Demon Of All Trades
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
90-91 B18A1, with a Hybrid B16/LS transmission, B16 1st to 4th gears, and LS 5th, with a 4.4 Final.

But this is just going to get the car going faster, while it will probably stay in the car for a couple of years. Ive got 2 more B18A1's that need rebuilt. Im going to send one off to be sleaved at 84mm, stick a P8R head on it hogged out with some massive cams.

Heres the Wiring breakdown
http://www.redpepper...B-Series_Wiring

And 87SiVtec's pinout that helps tremindously, i do need to add OBD1 to it tho.
http://www.redpepper...ap_Wiring_Chart
Posted Image

Screech

• Project CI2-VIC Team Lead
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 16 Ford RS, 84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2), 98 Civic EX
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (DEIVIONCRX @ Apr 24 2009, 09:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
90-91 B18A1, with a Hybrid B16/LS transmission, B16 1st to 4th gears, and LS 5th, with a 4.4 Final.

Really interested in the mount setup/mods you do for that hydro. LS 5th is a good idea, I plan to put the S1 LS 5th in my Y1 with 4.266 final.

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)
84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2 2.0l, SMF)

DEIVIONCRX

• Demon Of All Trades
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Its not a hydro transmission, its a 90-91 Integra Case, Y1, S1, J1, or something ive got so many transmissions i cant remember which case i put them in.

Both the motor and transmission were rebuilt by me, the motor has a slight bump in compression i think 9.5:1. So with some minor bolt ons and tune it should scoot.
Posted Image

Screech

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (DEIVIONCRX @ Apr 24 2009, 10:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its not a hydro transmission, its a 90-91 Integra Case, Y1, S1, J1, or something ive got so many transmissions i cant remember which case i put them in.

Both the motor and transmission were rebuilt by me, the motor has a slight bump in compression i think 9.5:1. So with some minor bolt ons and tune it should scoot.

Sorry, simple English is kicking my ass again: I misread "Hybrid" as "Hydro".

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
good luck with the stock diff unsure.gif
still think you should go YS1
lmk if you need help finding parts
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

DEIVIONCRX

• Demon Of All Trades
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
The diff pin is the weak point in the 90-91's the supersceded/upgrade diff pin is the gold one, and the diff i used has a gold pin in it. I also plan on putting a OBX in it eventualy.
Posted Image

DEIVIONCRX

• Demon Of All Trades
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Annoying shit. I really dont know what it is about these bolts. The M6x1.0 bolts that honda uses all over the motor, Oil Pump, Water Pump, Cam Caps, Water Neck, ect. I dont know if the bolts are too small for the load, or they came overtorqued from the factory, but ive had nothing but trouble with these bolts my entire honda experience. Ive broken 2 of these bastards off, swaping water pumps on motors, as you can see in the picture, i ALMOST broke this one on the oil pump. Ive watched a friend or two break them on the cam caps. They are almost always like 8-15ftlbs torque, i guess previous owners or mechanics overtorqued them. Cuz it seems like anytime i encounter one of these bolts they try to break off on me.

Todays acomplishments were installing the OEM VTEC oil pump. The Vtec pump lower timing cover is slightly different, i might just order a Vtec one later, but for right now it bolts on it needs a little trimming at the bottom, and there is a gap around the sides at the bottom.

Posted Image

DEIVIONCRX

• Demon Of All Trades
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Clutch arrived, i am very happy with first impressions with this clutch. The fingers are painted, the housing is painted nice. The disk is nice, its got 8 rivits insted of 6.

Flywheel is 8.8lbs.
Friction Disc is 2.1lbs
Press Plate is 9.58lbs
Total Clutch Weight 20.48lbs

Posted Image

DEIVIONCRX

• Demon Of All Trades
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
97-01 CRV Lower timing cover, fits. 90-93 Integra LS Block with 96+ B-series Vtec Oil pump (all 96+ are the same).

Posted Image

GENONE

• CRX Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1983 CRX (29th Build), 1991 CRX, 1984 CRX HKS Supercharged
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (DEIVIONCRX @ Apr 27 2009, 10:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Annoying shit. I really dont know what it is about these bolts. The M6x1.0 bolts that honda uses all over the motor, Oil Pump, Water Pump, Cam Caps, Water Neck, ect. I dont know if the bolts are too small for the load, or they came overtorqued from the factory, but ive had nothing but trouble with these bolts my entire honda experience. Ive broken 2 of these bastards off, swaping water pumps on motors, as you can see in the picture, i ALMOST broke this one on the oil pump. Ive watched a friend or two break them on the cam caps. They are almost always like 8-15ftlbs torque, i guess previous owners or mechanics overtorqued them. Cuz it seems like anytime i encounter one of these bolts they try to break off on me.

It would not suprise me that 90% of the mechanics out there work without a FSM and tighten everything as tight as it goes. Many use long leavers and that adds to the torque. 8-15 FtLbs is only 20Nm max - thats nothing so its easy to over tighten. I think my torque wrench has 16Nm as minimum...

Great Project - good luck smile.gif
Posted Image
[GENONE] 1983 CRX Ballade Sports 1.5 SOHC Efi
[BANDIT] 1984 CRX Ballade Sports 1.6 DOHC HKS Supercharged
[SINISTR] 1991 CRX Si 1.6 DOHC Efi

OG Wagon

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 Crx Si
Awesome. Keep it up!

WagoCats HOOOOOOOO!!!!!

DEIVIONCRX

• Demon Of All Trades
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
The big stuffs gona start this next week, Saturday is gona be the last AutoX on the stock EW. Im hoping its only going to take a month to get the swap done. But im sure im missing a couple parts and stuff. I think the biggest step is ive gota break the trans back apart and inspect all the Syncro Sleaves, i put new blocker rings in it but i think i remember the sleaves were torn up pretty good, idk why i didnt replace them when i rebuilt it, but that was a couple years ago.
Posted Image

Screech

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (DEIVIONCRX @ May 7 2009, 09:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
97-01 CRV Lower timing cover, fits. 90-93 Integra LS Block with 96+ B-series Vtec Oil pump (all 96+ are the same).

<image removed>

You not saying that just the 96+ B-series VTEC oil pumps are the same are you, as I know the B20Z (non-VTEC) is the same as the 99 Civic Si's B16 oil pump. Sorry hard to follow if your saying only 96+ VTEC pumps are the same or all 96+ including non-VTEC.

Yeah, I've seen the stretched bolts on many engines. I always replace them unless the person that owns the car won't pay for them, in that case I let them reinstall/torque the stretched bolts as I won't.

I torque everything (well almost) on my car. I have 3 torque wrenches: 1/2 drive big one with high torque, 3/8 low ft lb and a 3/8 in lb. All of them have N-m so I don't have to convert numbers.