Another Ebay Treasure. Unrestored.

• You cannot reply to this topic
20 replies to this topic

Lucky

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si...2001 ITR...1991 NSX
if this is a repost, please pardon me as i cant help but to share this...i dont know how this rex slipped thru the hands of an rpr member but seems like it was bought just to flip and make a quick profit. i wish i had the funds....my Dream "unmolested and not needing a restoration" 1st Gen CRX sad.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/...6#ht_500wt_1182

3rd1stGEN

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si; '07 Tundra; '01 Honda Magna
    • Image Gallery
Man, that thing is a gem, but 46,000 miles?? That thing had to be sitting up for extended amounts of time. It seems like there would be some hidden issues; that low of miles on a car of that age, always makes me worry for some reason.

Chris

ChrisF-dude

• Powered by Natural Gas
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Location:Maryland, United States of America, Earth, Terran System, Milky Way 21158
    • Drives: 85 CRX Si (ZC), 2011 Toyota Camry
    • Image Gallery
$6900? These aren't collectors cars yet. Soon, but not yet.

Once a woman is introduced to Colonel Angus, she'll settle for nothing less.
chrisfpixelcrx.jpgSiemblem.jpg

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
i'm digging the retro stripes. smile.gif
1986 Civic Si; b16a is in.. just gotta get it running..
longest swap ever..... :(

funkmaster

• 1985 Mugen CR-X Si
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si, 2006 Ford Focus ST, 2009 Lexus RX350, 1996 Del Sol Vtec
    • Image Gallery
^same. Almost looks like an RPR motif!

greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2018 Contributor
    • Drives: 9 crx's: #1 228k 87si beater, #2 concours 25K, #3 108K 87si, #4 98K parts car, #5 213K 87si parts car, #6 84 straman, #7 86si 150k #8 67k parts #9 129K si for straman conversion
Thnx for posting. This is the first time I've seen this. I wouldn't worry about hidden problems other than leaking seals. Only thing is to validate the mileage. That's what I'm trying to put together on my car to validate in the event I sell down the road.

Keepin' it OEM

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
That thing looks like a beauty. Shame about the decals, cool in the 80's, just not now. reminds me of a old handglider motif.

Of all the low mileage ones on e-bay. I think this one is the most legit. I really think the mileage is correct judging condition..

May someone get this and provide it a happy home.

zackspeed

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 Civic SI racecar, and 86 Civic DX
Wow hot little ride there.
There's people that dont know and people that don't know they don't KNOW!!

CrxTom

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1985 CRX
I agree with ChrisF. 6900 is a lot of cash for what (unfortunately) most of the population regards an econo-box from the 80's. I think the seller has set the bar ridiculaously high in order to turn the most profit, and couldn't care less about the true value. He prolly paid $800 to the poor old lady that had it. dry.gif

An awesome ride tho, no doubt about it! Wish I could liberate it myself smile.gif

DarkHand

Why do all the old survivors have to be red! biggrin.gif I want a black or blue one!
DarkHand

RALPHMACHIO

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 86 CRX SI / 06 Tacoma
Hopefully we will have the same following that VW has someday! Although this one is cheating slightly. 517 miles

Screech

• Project CI2-VIC Team Lead
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 16 Ford RS, 84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2), 98 Civic EX
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (CrxTom @ Oct 8 2009, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree with ChrisF. 6900 is a lot of cash for what (unfortunately) most of the population regards an econo-box from the 80's. I think the seller has set the bar ridiculaously high in order to turn the most profit, and couldn't care less about the true value. He prolly paid $800 to the poor old lady that had it. dry.gif

I didn't know Jeff was still buying and selling.. ph34r.gif

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)
84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2 2.0l, SMF)

greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2018 Contributor
    • Drives: 9 crx's: #1 228k 87si beater, #2 concours 25K, #3 108K 87si, #4 98K parts car, #5 213K 87si parts car, #6 84 straman, #7 86si 150k #8 67k parts #9 129K si for straman conversion
Yea, a lot of red cars and they fade fast. AFter living in TX, I totally respect white and silver for the long term investment in a car.

So if you guys bought this, what would you do w/ it? I assume the stripping is not Honda authorized, so would that no longer make in an original?

Its so cool to get inside and drive these low mileage cars. If stored properly, they usually still smell fresh inside. And drive tight as hell.

Oh, other thing to look at are mouse/rat damage to the car. I actually had a snake shed its skin on one of mine. It was stuck around the manifold. Kinda strange.

So what would you do to it?

D
Keepin' it OEM

ATXBoy

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic Si
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's @ Oct 8 2009, 08:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So what would you do to it?

D

you dont even want to know haha

DarkHand

QUOTE (greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's @ Oct 8 2009, 08:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, other thing to look at are mouse/rat damage to the car.

Very true... My CRX only had 52,000 miles due to it not running for most of its life. tongue.gif Found a mouse nest tucked away in the HVAC blower!
DarkHand