Hf 5Th Gear Set $50

• You cannot reply to this topic
11 replies to this topic

PuddleSkipper

• Ecomodder/Hypermiler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 89 Civic LX, 00 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 84 Civic 1500S (R.I.P.), 85 Wagovan (R.I.P.), 84 Civic GL (R.I.P.)

Picked up a second set of HF 5th gears when I found my louver. I snagged them because I hate when parts go to waste cause once they are gone, they're gone. If someones interested in saving a little gas at highway speeds this might be for you. I have swapped in the whole HF tranny before in an EF and regret it, the torque of the motor is not matched to the gearing of the trans and I believe I'm actually getting less mpg's than before the swap. Swapping the 5th allows you to keep gears 1-4 which are matched to your engine with the 5th being an overdrive. And last but not least this is a simple swap. You are not totally tearing the tranny apart or removing it. You can actually leave the tranny in while you replace this gear, you just have to vice grip both brake rotors, remove the outer most cap, remove the nut on the smaller gear, tap out the pin on the fork of the other gear and slide the gears off. Reverse the order and your done. Shipping and paypal fees will be added to price but shouldn't be much, pm me if interested,  and thanks for looking :) Pic below is my first set but it is exactly the same as the second set of gears.

84-87HF5thGear_zps949d8009.jpg

jsgprod

• The Beach....The only place where salt LOWERS your blood pressur
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE and 2001 F250 SD
    • Image Gallery

I'll take 'em! :)

If you love the Elise, drive a Se7en - Caterham or whatever...
It has even less content than the Elise, is less graceful looking
...and changes direction like a ping pong ball whacked by Thor.

scull+gif+1.gif

jsgprods Gallery

PuddleSkipper

• Ecomodder/Hypermiler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 89 Civic LX, 00 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 84 Civic 1500S (R.I.P.), 85 Wagovan (R.I.P.), 84 Civic GL (R.I.P.)

Sale pending :)

dnocrx

• www.wirednj.com
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 crx zc boosted
Will this work in a CG integra trans?
RUN YOUR CAR NOT YOUR MOUTH

Austcivic

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Hi.If you are poking around and find another set I would be happy to buy them off you. Thanks John.(Down under)

PuddleSkipper

• Ecomodder/Hypermiler
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Hi.If you are poking around and find another set I would be happy to buy them off you. Thanks John.(Down under)

Sure, no problem :)

staticchmbr

• Work in progress
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 2x crx in the rust graveyard, 87 crx si (building), 2004 wrx
    Garage View Garage

Will this work in a CG integra trans?

I don't think they do, but accord and prelude gears from the same time period will.. The accord gears are the longest out of the 3 models
valvecover.gif
87 crx si (in pieces)
If you don't live for something, you'll die for nothing.

PuddleSkipper

• Ecomodder/Hypermiler
  • PipPipPipPipPip

I don't think they do, but accord and prelude gears from the same time period will.. The accord gears are the longest out of the 3 models

what year of accords? You said same time period, thats 86-89 correct?

staticchmbr

• Work in progress
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 2x crx in the rust graveyard, 87 crx si (building), 2004 wrx
    Garage View Garage

what year of accords? You said same time period, thats 86-89 correct?

86-89 accord and 84-87 prelude.. I forget the gear ratios off hand, but the accord ones make some great 5th gear highway cruising rpms.
You can tell if its the correct year tranny by a metal pan that covers 5th gear specifically.. You can take it out even without removing the transmission.. Easy!
valvecover.gif
87 crx si (in pieces)
If you don't live for something, you'll die for nothing.

PuddleSkipper

• Ecomodder/Hypermiler
  • PipPipPipPipPip

I recently picked up another HF 5th gear set..........any takers? $56.80 for a total price

GeezRX

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2016 Contributor
    • Drives: Only loaners at the present time!
    Garage View Garage

I recently picked up another HF 5th gear set..........any takers? $56.80 for a total price

PM sent!

"Old and usually in the way" - Check out my '86 3G build in "VIEW GARAGE"

PuddleSkipper

• Ecomodder/Hypermiler
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Sale pending :)