Dont Sell To Frenchfancrx

• You cannot reply to this topic
24 replies to this topic

domorex86

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si (my project) 2000 Suzuki Esteem (grocery getter)
here goes the story: i had mentioned on someones thread that i had some ground control coilovers for sale. i changed my mind and didnt want them. this dude said frenchfancrx had wrote me cus he read the thread and said he was insterested. he then told me that he was in france. well we got to talking, he seemed cool. so i sold him the coilovers. payment came thru paypal. i had quoted him 40 bucks for shipping..i dont know, thats what i got from the fedex site when i did the calculations. i went to fedex and for some dam reason, it came out to 130 bucks. i sent them anyway, thinking that he would pay the difference. man i was wrong. so lets do the math: 200 for the coils + 40 quoted shipping - 130 actual shipping= $110. keep your transactions stateside is my advice.

Edited by domorex86, 16 April 2008 - 05:32 PM.

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
sounds like a misunderstanding. as a seller you need to always cover yourself even to friends for general misunderstanding and such but I think you knew that but were just acting on good faith.

edited wink.gif

Edited by zakats, 16 April 2008 - 05:52 PM.

He who dies with the most toys, wins.

domorex86

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
well, i think for being a nice guy who got screwed i have every right to be pissed and vent how i please. i got screwd out of 130 bucks. the part was 200, plus 40 for shipping. then it ended up being 130 for shipping, so out of the kindness of my heart, i sent it out anyways. i only made 110 out of this. if he woudlve jus paid the difference, we wouldve been cool. but now he wont even reply to my messages. so dont try to be on this dudes side, he lied by saying he had honor and he woudlnt scew me over cus he lived in another country. im warning fellow members to watch out for this guy.

Edited by domorex86, 16 April 2008 - 05:34 PM.

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
I'm not taking anyone's side. mad.gif

Edited by zakats, 16 April 2008 - 05:53 PM.

He who dies with the most toys, wins.

Sgt. Pepper

domorex86: You have been pm'd
Adding power makes you faster in the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman

dkyk25

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
from $40 --> $130... imho, $90 is quite a dough to be acting even on good faith. next time, like zakats said, cover yourself. it's the only way...
Recyling is not the answer. Using less to begin with is.

firstgencrx

• This thing should fit!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
Sort of on topic, but good advice for anyone selling to other members outside of North America:

I have sold my little bits and pieces to folks all around the world. England, France, New Zealand, Canada, Australia, Portugal, and Spain so far. I have never had a problem and my customers have never had to pay a lot to get my packages.

How do I do it? I NEVER EVER send a package out of the US using the big carriers like UPS and FedEx. Those companies will charge you a small fortune, and their service is not all that great for international shipping.

Always use the United States Postal Service. No, I am not joking. Most dependable service you will ever use. Plus, my packages get there fast. If you use the "Express Mail International" service, you will even get a tracking number, and in most cases, they get their package in only five days.

Sorry to hear you had so much trouble.

David
Sharing with others what I do for myself!

My H22 CRX Project

Posted Image

domorex86

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
ok its fixed. sorry guys, i was really upset when i wrote this.

lambs

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: R32 GTR, 260Z, RAV4, Jazz (Wifes), 3G Civic Sedan (daughter), BMW K100
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (firstgencrx @ Apr 17 2008, 07:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Always use the United States Postal Service. No, I am not joking.

Absolutely agree with this. I've used them quite a lot for shipping stuff to Australia and never had a problem. OTOH, Fedex and UPS are just a rip-off unless your really in a hurry.

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I understand how you must feel, and I hate that it happened, but sending it on faith that you are going to get the money, without contacting him ahead of time is just asking for trouble.

I had a similar thing happen to me last year, (yes with a member of this site who has since disappeared) so I do know where you are coming from.

Tom
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

JEM MotorSports

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: me up the wall
QUOTE (firstgencrx @ Apr 16 2008, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sort of on topic, but good advice for anyone selling to other members outside of North America:
...Always use the United States Postal Service. No, I am not joking. Most dependable service you will ever use. Plus, my packages get there fast. If you use the "Express Mail International" service, you will even get a tracking number, and in most cases, they get their package in only five days.
David

^^^ I agree 100%!!!

in a court of law, the seller would be liable for this particular transaction regardless of the loss.

The seller should have not sent the package and emailed the buyer stating the changes in shipping charges.
Simply put it was a clerical error on the sellers part.
If the buyer is still interested he would have then Paypal'd you the difference and the transaction would proceed as followed.

Small loss, be greatfull it wasn't something non-replaceable like a rare Mugen part that was loss in shipping....

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Ten dollars to me (depending on the time of year, and generousity) isn't or is a big deal. To anyone shipping anything, If shipping charges do not meet your initial quote, the best guide, would be to NOT ship it, and OPEN the lines of communication to remedy the situation. Normally, the recieving party will be understanding. Having sent items before, and then forgot to check "GIFT", and then checking "GIFT" and the recipient ends up paying the sales tax in that country. Man, that really sux.
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

Sgt. Pepper

Thanks for editting the initial post.
Adding power makes you faster in the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman

alexm86

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 86 Civic Si - Greek White, 2005 Convertible Mustang, 1995 Ford F150 XLT (5.8L/351W)
QUOTE (JEM MotorSports @ Apr 16 2008, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^^^ I agree 100%!!!

in a court of law, the seller would be liable for this particular transaction regardless of the loss.

The seller should have not sent the package and emailed the buyer stating the changes in shipping charges.
Simply put it was a clerical error on the sellers part.
If the buyer is still interested he would have then Paypal'd you the difference and the transaction would proceed as followed.

Small loss, be greatfull it wasn't something non-replaceable like a rare Mugen part that was loss in shipping....

I agree with Marck 100%

EuphoricBlue

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
QUOTE (firstgencrx @ Apr 16 2008, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How do I do it? I NEVER EVER send a package out of the US using the big carriers like UPS and FedEx. Those companies will charge you a small fortune, and their service is not all that great for international shipping.

Always use the United States Postal Service. No, I am not joking. Most dependable service you will ever use. Plus, my packages get there fast. If you use the "Express Mail International" service, you will even get a tracking number, and in most cases, they get their package in only five days.

David

I live in Canada and when I E-Bay I hate seeing "International - UPS". It generally means I'll be paying 2x the shipping and then I'll be paying duities, where if he sent it USPS there's still a tracking number, it's cheeper and it's got good shipping times. I really don't understand why so many people refuse to ship USPS.