What Kind Of Bike Do You Have?

• You cannot reply to this topic
36 replies to this topic

3gcivicsi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1987 honda civic si (mighty mouse), 1996 gsxr 1100 (the two wheeled road beast)
just checking to see... i know this is an old skool crx and civic forum but im here watching superbikes and also being a bike freak myself i got to thinking... i wander if anyone here on rpr rides motorcycles besides myself. so if you do, post pics, year, make, models, and mods. me, ive got 2. first one which is my pride and joy (shhh, dont tell mighty mouse!) 1996 gsxr 1100w. fully built motor, dana ignition coils, aftermarket mikuni carbs and individual carb filters along with a fully polished frame and a full d&d exhaust from headers back. check out the sweet ass 200mph speedo... my other bike is a 97 gsxr 600 srad (suzuki ram air duct). well anyways this one just has rebuilt and jetted carbs, k & n filter and a slip on yoshimura exhaust... nothing fancy, oh and a polished frame aswell... well other than mighty mouse, these are my other toyz so like i said earlier, just curious to see who else rides... cool.gif
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES.
THEY'RE NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY STILL BRING A
SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN YOU PUSH
THEM DOWN A FLIGHT OF STAIRS.

lambs

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: R32 GTR, 260Z, RAV4, Jazz (Wifes), 3G Civic Sedan (daughter), BMW K100
    Garage View Garage
This is my '83 K100 on the day I bought it few years back. Looks much the same now, but I've re-fitted the stock radiator cowl. It's very standard.

Fairing is obviously not a standard item. This is what a stock K100 should look like. I've also changed the handlebars for the K100RS type (much lower).

3gcivicsi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1987 honda civic si (mighty mouse), 1996 gsxr 1100 (the two wheeled road beast)
hmm thats a pretty cool looking "retro bike" looks fun to ride. what kind of motor is that?, i noticed the horizontally opposed / aircooled desighn. how many cyls? like the color btw.
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES.
THEY'RE NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY STILL BRING A
SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN YOU PUSH
THEM DOWN A FLIGHT OF STAIRS.

87rex

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 crx dx,87 civic si,90 gmc s-15, 63' and 74' bugs
QUOTE (3gcivicsi @ Mar 3 2008, 09:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hmm thats a pretty cool looking "retro bike" looks fun to ride. what kind of motor is that?, i noticed the horizontally opposed / aircooled desighn. how many cyls? like the color btw.

The BMW is a water cooled 4 cylinder. The motor lays on its side. Pretty sweet ride, really smooth running!!!! cool.gif

85SiHybrid

I have a 2003 Buell Firebolt XB9R. The only mods I have on the bike is a Power commander, Race pipe, ECU and K&N filter.

The bike isnt much of a straight line bike but is great for tearing up the mountains.
user posted image

Sgt. Pepper

(1998?) Cannondale F1000 (in mango) with alot of upgrades. Not only made in the USA, made in Bedford, Pennsylvania! I love this bike, but haven't ridden it in a few years since my rotator cuff surgery and now arthritis, but would like to get back on her soon. All aluminum, hand welded frame, custom built Mavic rims, front (head) shock, kevlar seat, clipless pedals, Thompson (aftermarket) seatpost, etc. This thing weighs next to nothing.

rolleyes.gif Sorry, that's the only "bike" I own. But I have been seen riding this to work when the weather is nice:

^ Alfred E. Newman's (my son's) Yamaha Zuma
Adding power makes you faster in the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman

Omega Mugen

• Dug Diggler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 CRX w/Si motor, 86 Civic DX Hatch, 2001 Prelude
I'm witcha, Sarge.

I got Gary Fisher Advance. Upgrades include profile design bar extensions, Shimano Deore LX hydraulic rear disc conversion, Shimano Deore XT cassette, WTB speed disc wheels. I commute to work daily on it.

If I did buy a motorbike it would be a dirt bike. MAN, those are a blast to ride!

Going to Hawaii? You need a Dune Buggy.

WTB: 14x8 or 9" Panasports or Watanabe RS.

WTB: 3g Civic hatch gauge cowl, brown.

WTB: ZC header--FOUND

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
i own a couple 4 wheelers but no bike yet. i have been looking into bikes as im ready to make a purchase. i rode a 04 or 05 600 GSXR and liked it's performance and look but the bars were just slightly too low for my liking because it put too much weight on the palms of the hands. i really like the honda 600 F4I because the bars seem just slightly higher to where the palm issue isnt as bad and am trying to work a deal on a 05 F4I at the moment.

here are pic's of my step-son's 4 wheeler which is a E-ton 40cc 2 stroke and my newest purchase which is a kawasaki bayou 220 which i picked up from a friend that needed some quick cash. the bayou is just an extra 4 wheeler to have around for if someone else wants to ride along. my current 4 wheeler is a nicely built 230 quad sport that might be replaced with a z450 or something of that sort shortly but i have no pic.

E-ton 40. great little 4 wheeler. if E-ton ever steps up to something big enough for me i will definitely buy one.

kawasaki bayou 220 the day i bought it a few weeks ago. has cleaned up nicely since. (crappy cam phone pic and i have no idea how to rotate it)

When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

Omega Mugen

• Dug Diggler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 CRX w/Si motor, 86 Civic DX Hatch, 2001 Prelude
Wow! That Buell has some big front brake rotors.

Going to Hawaii? You need a Dune Buggy.

WTB: 14x8 or 9" Panasports or Watanabe RS.

WTB: 3g Civic hatch gauge cowl, brown.

WTB: ZC header--FOUND

85SiHybrid

QUOTE (Omega Mugen @ Mar 3 2008, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow! That Buell has some big front brake rotors.

Having this rotor design cuts the weight down on the wheel assembly so its about 6-7lbs lighter then the average front wheel. Its a little different feedback though and if you try using it in any kind of turn it likes to stand the bike up (sort of a gyro effect) but there are alot of cool things about the bikes design.

Cj
user posted image

oldschoolimport

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 2005 Subaru Legacy GT, 1986 civic si, 1990 civic wagon. 1979 civic 1200
a stretched and lifted Z50:

and a trek y-11, with spin carbon wheels:

sorry for the shitty pic. sad.gif

Edited by oldschoolimport, 03 March 2008 - 05:30 PM.

wes g.

Giltaran

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 CRX Si, EW4, Stock as I can make her.
No pictures just at the moment, but I'm currently rebuilding a '73 Schwinn Collegiate 3-speed. Can't save the original paint unfortunately, so it's value as a collectable is gonna tank, but it should make a very comfy grocery cruiser when done.

www.performancebike.com - a source for everything current, lightweight, cutting edge, etc. Basically if you're a spandex person, this is your online shop of choice. If you actually want to ride the thing, they're hit or miss.

www.wheelbuilder.com - a source for 13/14 gauge (and all other types of) spokes as well as very, very high end hand built wheelsets (bring a wheelbarrow of money). I searched for a long time to find 13 gauge spokes to fit the sturmey-archer 3-speed hub and finally found them here.

www.universalcycles.com - a source for good quality 14 gauge spokes

www.biketiresdirect.com - a source for hard to find tubes and tires

www.ebay.com - a source for almost everything else.

-Gil

Gimpalot

• Are we having fun yet?
  • PipPip
    • Drives: '85 CRX Si, '92 Goldwing GL1500A, '07 Silverado
    Garage View Garage
2005 Yamaha FZ6--------MODS: LED rear brake light/grip heaters......
My FZ6
1992 Honda Goldwing----MODS by me: Hi output alternator and deep cycle battery.
-----------------------------MODS by previous owner: chrome everything, XM radio, GPS, Just about every lighted panel available....
Goldwing and Girls
Yamaha is actually up for sale right now......almost 12K miles on it with only me owning it.
QUOTE (Sinic @ Apr 21 2010, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You really know you have made it far on rpr when someone quotes you in their signature. I can't wait for the day!

NWClassicHonda

• "Leader of the pack"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 85 CRX Si, 87 Civic Si, 88 Integra Special
    Garage View Garage
I restore old Schwinn Sting-Rays! Thats my kind of bike!

"for all your pre-1988 Honda restoration needs 206-940-8173"

"vouch thread"
http://www.redpepper...l=&fromsearch=1

1g, 2g, 3g Civic

1g CRX

1g Integra

1g, 2g, 3g Accord

1g, 2g, 3g Prelude

cars, parts, collectibles and more!

http://www.nwclassichonda.com

Ghost-One

• the only Moderator who can fight MONSTERS