Aluminum Race Raditors And Race Fan Kits

• You cannot reply to this topic
113 replies to this topic

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    Garage View Garage
Posted 11/18/2008: All rads have been ordered! We expect them to ship in the next 7-10 days so be ready people!

Marcus

On track testimonial!!
http://www.redpepper...showtopic=40336

Ok there, Victor has been working with me to get these radiators made and distributed to you all. Sorry it took so long but here is how we are going to do this:

$400 for a radiator

$630 for a radiator and fan combo

Vic paid over $850 to get his rad and fan. So this is a good price. Thanks go to him for getting this project off the ground!

If that seems like a lot for a fan, it is. But for a radiator fan that WORKS the way a fan is supposed to it is not. Most cheaper fans have the cfm, but not the ability to build pressure. So long story short, the fan supplied with this radiator will move all the air needed to keep the car cool no matter how hot the air outside is.

Order Radiator Only:
http://www.heeltoeau...a-pr-63444.html

Order Radiator and Fan:
http://www.heeltoeau...a-pr-63445.html

I'll put your name down as orders come in!

We need to get 10 rads made at a time. We'll start the list here:

1. hatchbox
2. hatchbox
3. guy in australia
4. myheadhertz
5. 84b18
6. 84b18
7. guy who bought my car CONFIRMED
8. anassa
9. hatchbox

Marcus

NWClassicHonda

• "Leader of the pack"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 85 CRX Si, 87 Civic Si, 88 Integra Special
    Garage View Garage
Pictures of both please! biggrin.gif

"for all your pre-1988 Honda restoration needs 206-940-8173"

"vouch thread"
http://www.redpepper...l=&fromsearch=1

1g, 2g, 3g Civic

1g CRX

1g Integra

1g, 2g, 3g Accord

1g, 2g, 3g Prelude

cars, parts, collectibles and more!

http://www.nwclassichonda.com

wentcrazycrx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: CRX,85 SI CRX 85 Straman,Ford F250, 89 HD sport
See if this works

Pics

http://members.cox.n...ky/P7122542.JPG

http://members.cox.n...sy/PC121690.JPG

Edited by wentcrazycrx, 24 August 2008 - 07:23 PM.

myheadhertz

• Some days it isn't worth gnawing thru the leather straps
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: '91 CRX si, '66 Datsun SPL311, '87 CRX turbo under construction
Radiator / fan combo looks good!

Forgive me, but I'm having a little trouble determining what would be required to put this radiator into a DX CRX. Do I need an HF upper radiator support bracket? Just what other parts are required? Thanks.

ATXBoy

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic Si
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
^^same question but for an 86 Civic Si smile.gif

also, im guessing the plug is the same as something like this?

(the green female plug)

pvbcrx

• I Love Jet Noise
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si (1986-2010), 1995 Dakota, 2001 325iT, 2009 Eos when my wife's away
QUOTE (myheadhertz @ Aug 24 2008, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Radiator / fan combo looks good!

Forgive me, but I'm having a little trouble determining what would be required to put this radiator into a DX CRX. Do I need an HF upper radiator support bracket? Just what other parts are required? Thanks.

Mr. D can confirm, but it appears to duplicate the half-width HF radiator mounting, and therefore will go in the same as the full-width DX/Si radiators. I put a half-width HF radiator in my Si and it fit the mounts perfectly. The "arms" on the driver's side of the HF radiator reach over and pick up the same spots as the full-width radiators.

<<<< Looking for an excuse to replace a perfectly good radiator with one of these sweet units!

wentcrazycrx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: CRX,85 SI CRX 85 Straman,Ford F250, 89 HD sport
I don't think the Fan ELC. plug would be the same But you could cut the old plug off and solder it on the new fan. Or does the new fan come with both ends to a plug and you solder it in??

DEIVIONCRX

• Demon Of All Trades
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 88 Civic DX, 90 CRX DX, 80 Trans Am, 10 Fit Sport
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Does it have provisions for the OEM fan? And HF or Si Fan if theres a difference?
Posted Image

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
As far as I know all the radiators for all the crx and civic models mount in the same places. This radiator should fit all models without issue.

There are mounting holes for the stock fan so you can use that no problem. Again, I'd expect no difference between fans of different model cars. You guys know these cars are like legos, right?

I got some pics coming in shortly.

Marcus

CSPCRX

Ok let me try and answer these questions since I built it. The upper support is the same no matter if you have a DX, HF or SI. My car is an SI and I went from the full length to the short HF with no modifications. No other parts are required. I had it build will all mounting points. You can even mount the stock fan to it just like the stock radiator. I would recommend getting the SPAL however as Marcus mentioned.

As for the plug what i did was just cut my plug off the stock fan and left a few inches of wire on it. The SPAL fan has a plug already so I attached the wires to the plug and that was it. If you use the stock fan obviously no wiring changes are needed.

To put it in the car here is what I did. Removed the front bumper and removed the old stock unit. I do not have AC so it slides right out the front. I then removed the two upper mounts from the stock radiator. They are hard rubber with a nut built into them. I installed a new Thermo switch in the bottom of the radiator. You can you the one out of your old radiator but its good insurance to replace it while its all apart. Installed the new unit and bolted everything up. Its just like swapping and OEM for an OEM. That was the point of my design. The only really changes will be if you have AC and if you run the SPAL fan. You will need to do a bit of wiring. Also, this radiator runs a Domestic style cap not the import style. So when you put it on you have to turn it and then push down on the cap and turn it about 1/4 turn more.

If you switch from an SI full lenght radiator to this you will also want to make a block off of some type so the air doesnt just go around the radiator. I am working on mine right now. I will post pics in the next day or so. There is a track day on the 13th of next month I am trying to get ready for. Should be a big test of the system since it will be over 100 degrees out and at Phoenix International Raceway. Lots of full throttle time on the oval.

Victor
86 K24 Powered CRX SI (SMF Solo2, HPDE-4 NASA & TA-A Time Attack

85 CRX DX totally original
07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

hatchbox

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 DOHC Si 1600 Hatch, 86 DOHC turbo Si 1500 Hatch & 86 CRX EW4 Si
I just put in my order for 2 of these and now we just need 8 more to get the first batch out. Thanks CSPCRX for getting someone to build us an awsome drop in aluminum radiator and thank you MrDisibility for having only the best parts available for our cars. Now that I have my order in for the radiators I think I'll be able to put in a order for a cf zc hump hatch hood in a couple of weeks.
Get more bang 4 your buck.

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
Thanks a ton hatchbox!!!!!!!!!

rinnaye

• 3G'ist
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 Si-R-Spec & 2005 Tacoma
I am just about ready to order a radiator/fan combo for my car, even though I just put in a new radiator only a year ago, but I need someone to please explain the "build pressure" thing to me. And just to be absolute, this combo WILL fit with my upcoming D16a1 swap. Right?

Lastly,

How long will it take to manufacture these rads upon order list completion.

Rene

funkmaster

• 1985 Mugen CR-X Si
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si, 2006 Ford Focus ST, 2009 Lexus RX350, 1996 Del Sol Vtec
    • Image Gallery
this is going on my list of stuff for my upcoming B-series build/swap!!!
Mr D. sells awesome parts and is extremely reliable.
His word is golden and no one should hesitate putting their name on the list and sending in the cash.

Ive spent thousands on parts from Marcus and have always had an excellent experience.

rinnaye

• 3G'ist
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 Si-R-Spec & 2005 Tacoma
Well, I certainly hope my inquiry does not sound like I'm skeptical about anyone's integrity, because I can assure you that is not my intent. My purchase of the Medieval Pros Suspension Kit shall stand as proof otherwise, but I would like some clarification on the workings of the aluminum radiator/fan system, for purposes of my own personal knowledge, and to justify the expense of replacing my existing new radiator.

Respectfully,