16 replies to this topic

jsgprod

• The Beach....The only place where salt LOWERS your blood pressur
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE and 2001 F250 SD
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (BigOrange @ Dec 2 2008, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if you are going to shop for a head go and bug some of the canadian members for a ew2 head for your car.
The si head on the carby block lowers compression.

Although I have put a si head on a carby block and it ran fine.. Its wasnt this end of the world craziness that some people think may happen.

Ps I have 2 86 si ecus if you want one.

True....and not true at the same time dry.gif .

I agree that the Si head on a DX bottom end will indeed end up with a lower CR than the DX originally began life with. The thing is, it will also, with no other changes being made, give you an Si with a higher CR than 'IT' came with! wink.gif Only drawback it (Si head on a DX) has is that it 'supposedly' has a less than optimum flame front in the combustion chamber. Or at least that's what I was told by someone back in the 80's.

Never bothered to put a camera in my combustion chamber to check it though!

Jay
Who's done the carbs on a DX w/Si head a LONG time ago....but preferred the fuel injection over carbs.

If you love the Elise, drive a Se7en - Caterham or whatever...
It has even less content than the Elise, is less graceful looking
...and changes direction like a ping pong ball whacked by Thor.

scull+gif+1.gif

jsgprods Gallery

hon_da_nut

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 si hatch
QUOTE (Jaminak @ Dec 2 2008, 10:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You should swap the head if you're going to all this trouble. Plus the carbed head has the cvcc ports on the intake side that the FI intake manifold doesn't cover.

So a carbed motor won't run with FI mani on it? That sucks I just bought an 87 carbed crx motor to ride on while i rebuild. Well i guess it'll be for sale.