294 replies to this topic

Screech

• Project CI2-VIC Team Lead
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 16 Ford RS, 84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2), 98 Civic EX
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Two things. First, the swap page is updated. Next, the S1 tranny I bought was fubar, problem after problem, so I bought a Y1 w/LSD last week. Little high on the price, but it should work. After I run it awhile I may decide to swap the 5th gear from the S1 to the Y1, about a 15% RPM drop at 60MPH.

Screech

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
FedEx stopped by again and dropped off another transmission, first one was not right if you've missed that. I will be inspecting it after dinner. Maybe even get it installed and the front end put back together. I will have pictures of it later.

Screech

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Tranny was wrong, gotta send it back once I get a way of receiving a fax. I send of a "webcam" in the garage. It will not be on all the time but, check it from time to time and I may be there. Of course I still have the 400Kbps upload cap so this will easily get over run with more that 4-5 connections, maybe less. If there is a demand for people to look at my ass as I bend over the car I can look into pushing my feed to a media server to enable more people to watch.

Screech

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I am going through all my post on the site linking to my swap page and updating the links to include the new port I have to use due to having to move the test servers for work in the house. If you have ever links to "http://screech.game-...rg/my_swap.htm" or any thing on screech.game-host.org please update it to include the new port (8080). Ex: "http://screech.game-...80/my_swap.htm"

On the car front I'm still waiting on the Y1 to get here, I've had to send 2 back due to the wrong diffs. I'm in a bind as the tranny in the Accord as failed me too. So I own 3 cars, not counting the 2 parts cars, none of which I can drive. sad.gif

UPDATE: new domain name so any "http://screech.game-host.org" or "http://screech.game-...-host.org:8080" should be "http://screech.me" now.

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)
84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2 2.0l, SMF)

SEEKERone

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 85 CRX (Straman Convertable) 87 CRX Si 91 CRX
QUOTE (Screech @ Apr 7 2007, 10:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
..... I'm in a bind as the tranny in the Accord as failed me too. .....

I work as a tech at a honda dealer and have seen failures with that series transmission...for the 2000 and 2001 model year they even extended the warranty. you may have some luck with calling customer service 800 number and making some noise.

Screech

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I've not given up on the project, most of my free time is spend attempting to get in touch with Chris Chakos of B Performance Motor Group ("the fuck in CA" with my money and tranny). I just installed the AC in the garage that I bought on closeout last fall so I should be able to do some body work now that I can pull some of the 80%-90% humidity out of the air. I friend is saying he may have a lead on a very cheap/working S1 tranny that I guess I could use until I get the one that I want, so that give me hope and some modivation to work on her more again.

Screech

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
While I have heard nothin from Chris, I just got an email notice from FexEx that he shipped a "Y1 LSD" on Monday. Maybe I should have the police inspect it before I open it. I'll wait and see what shows up on Friday before I get happy. I owe a great thanks to the member that did go to his house, Thank you. If this is the right part and good, the Sept 22 meet may be within reach. Crossing fingers and hoping it is right this time. AC in the garage + the missing parts = a chance.

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
nice, your b swap is taking as long as mine!
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

jdeleur

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1987 civic HB and 92 civic sedan lowrider
    • Image Gallery
Keep up the good work cool.gif

Screech

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Just any update, that email was that he told FedEx he was going to ship it on the 23th. As of yet he still has not shipped it. sad.gif

I've got 40+ hours of vacation built up, may have to use it. Takami, Markus, either you want company sometime in the next couple monthes?

Screech

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Well. According to FedEx's site this morning, Chris dropped a package off at FedEx that I should receive on Monday.

If no one says that I'm made any mistakes on my C-190 pinout info I'll be soldering those up tonight.

Screech

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I worked on the car some tonight. Didn't get to the soldering like I has hoped. But I did remove another 150-200ft of wire.

About the only wiring really left now is to:
  • solder the wires to the Civic's C-190
  • wire up the front lights and horn just inside the left side of the firewall where I cut the Civic's wires
  • get the CR-V's left side engine bay harness through the firewall
  • wire up the left and right doors for the keyless entry
The rest is just plugging in the connections and securing the wires in safe places.

Screech

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I keep forgetting to take the camera to the garage so you all will just have to settle for my poor typing.

Test fit the under dash fuse panel and found the mounting points are just a little wider that the original, just had to bent the mount on the pedals down and to the right some and it mounted fine. From my original wiring removal on the CR-V's harness that I had removed the lighting wiring all the way back to C417 (I think that is the connector ID, not looking at the manual right now) and will have to re-add those wires to the connector to support my updated plan for the lighting. Good thing I have not thrown anything away related to the project as I found the wires I have to put back already.

Figured out the wiring for the pedals. Since the CR-V was an auto I'm using it's brake pedal switch on the brake pedal and moved the Civic's brake switch to used the 87 Integra's brake switch for the clutch. Clutch is going to need the switch so that the cruise control will disengage when the clutch pedal is pressed.

I know, I didn't get to the soldering yet, but I figured that I was being productive still and I might as well line all the ducks up and shoot them all down back to back.

Also, Anyone know what the heck the little plastic box taped to the right side of the main harness is? Mine is purple. If I didn't know better I'd say it was an sabotage device. I traced a couple of SRS wires to it. My first guess is that is brakes other wires on the harness if the airbag deploys to prevent the engine from running, but that can be right, can it? I'll look more for it later, but for now I'll just ignore it.

EDIT: got the Civic and Intregra Brake switches mixed up: Civic = 2 pin; Integra = 4 pin. Need the 4 pin so that the CR-V starting and cruise control circuits will work close to original.

Edited by Screech, 17 August 2007 - 04:32 PM.

Screech

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Screech @ Aug 17 2007, 12:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, Anyone know what the heck the little plastic box taped to the right side of the main harness is? Mine is purple. If I didn't know better I'd say it was an sabotage device. I traced a couple of SRS wires to it. My first guess is that is brakes other wires on the harness if the airbag deploys to prevent the engine from running, but that can be right, can it? I'll look more for it later, but for now I'll just ignore it.

Found it. Its just the C433 junction connector. I learn some thing today, Yeah!!! OK, study time is over, back to the garage!!!

Screech < Grabs the camera on the way out this time.

Screech

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Came in for dinner and decided to scan the schem I just finished for the front lights/horns. I know it is of little use to anyone, but if you even have to use the 99 CR-V harness and fuse panel this should work. I hope to test it very soon.