"the White Beast"

• You cannot reply to this topic
40 replies to this topic

604_Crx

• My car is older than i am...
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
did something i should have done a while ago, turned my safc up.... no more stuttering with the car.

Its freaking fast.

fritt

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 02 rsx type S . 91 civic
how do you tune with a browntop im not to sure how you guys do that? are you running an fmu? and do you have anymore motor pics?

Edited by fritt, 06 June 2007 - 01:23 AM.

604_Crx

• PipPip
QUOTE (fritt @ Jun 6 2007, 01:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how do you tune with a browntop im not to sure how you guys do that? are you running an fmu? and do you have anymore motor pics?

yeah, 450cc injectors with a fmu to turn them down a bit. Ill get some more engine pics and some turbo pics on the weekend after i clean the engine bay up biggrin.gif

604_Crx

• PipPip
Car has always ran like complete crap before it warmed up, so i had it idling in my driveway today before work. I went out to the car and like 3 seconds after i sat down i heard a "pop" "hisssssss" then the steam rose from my the seams in my hood sad.gif ill have to try to find out what it was tomorrow, i couldn't see anything obvious right away but i didn't look real hard.

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 crx ,98 malibu ,90 hatch,87 hatch trailer,87 legend,95 dodge neon,90 civic sedan SE
    • Image Gallery
looks nice biggrin.gif my fav pic it is the last one wink.gif and what lip is that ??? it looks like it over laps the bumper a bit ,for a more cleaner look ,white 1st gens are the sexy lol wink.gif wink.gif

i should paint mine white too laugh.gif
mitch

My Webpage
(quote by RareCrx)HAVE A MADD TYTE DIGGITY DOGG ,BUBBLES SPRAYIN ON THE INTERCOOLER, poopin ON A 8 SECOND CHEVELLE WITH MY MINI-ME SWAP DAY..

604_Crx

• PipPip
So ive fixed that cooling problem long ago, since then i have blown like 4 more coolant lines. I guess when one goes they all go. The only one left is the lower rad hose and I am hoping it will stay together.

My alarm went to crap a few weeks back, and i am just going to pick up a new one tommorow.

Still pulls hard biggrin.gif

Anyone know of a place in Bc that will do tuning? because none of my calls have been returned yet sad.gif

604_Crx

• PipPip
went to get the car tuned today, they said that they couldnt tune it without a few things, so i headed home preparing to go buy some stuff for the car within the next week....

My car had other plans i was about 4 blocks away from home when i looked in my rear view and with my surprise i was white walling the entire street with a nice white smoke.

Now my 1 month old head gasket is gone, thats what i get for letting it overheat a bunch of times i guess happy.gif

fritt

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
what do you need to buy for befor tuning? and you are lucky that they didnt tune it because now you need to rip that head off. make sure to get the head resurfaced so it doenst happen again tongue.gif. what kind of headgasket were you using?

604_Crx

• PipPip
Yeah well they said the bare minimum i needed was a better map sensor (stockcant read much in the boost zone). But I will most likely not need any of that because i think im set on going with a mega squirt setup.

I was using a felpro gasket, im going to be looking to get a better one, anyone have any suggestions?

fritt

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

and you should look into some arp headstuds and you shouldnt have anymore problems at all with blowing headgaskets and your head wont lift at all from boost with the arp's

604_Crx

• PipPip
Thanks fritt, ill look into that.

Heres a pic of both my cars wink.gif

I tore the front end apart today

Can you tell which cylinder was blown?

Thats all for today, hopefully tomorrow after work ill get the head off

604_Crx

• PipPip
While I am waiting for my head gasket to get here i decided to throw some paint and new gaskets on the turbo.
Before:

After:

I am gonna put some more coats on my charge pipes later as well.

ef91

• 87 stock box
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 black hatch si, 91 red hatch si
    • Image Gallery
damn, thats a big collector.... i bet that set up is a lil monster...

CRXdan

Glad to see my old turbokit is still alive. As for the turbo being too small. It was big enough to pull my DOHC to low 13s on streets with turboedit. May look small but I wont reveal what it is DSM guys shoudl know
As for headgasket, get the head machined make sure you get it machined well, for an MLS gasket. Dont have to use an MLS gasket a Felpro sucks, use a KP/Altrom which is the economy brand liek $20 bucks cheaper, i think u can get form lordco... Use ARP heatstuds torque to 65 ftlbs I used stockers torqued to 65 held a few 19 psi runs no problem 12-14 psi daily driven stock internals. The only thing that went on the motor was the connecting rod bearings but Its because the motor was "rebuilt" and the clearences probably werent set.
90 crx si
13.17@113 street tires low boost
86 samurai g16 turbo

a3h87

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: i'm gonna need these keys to 87 honda
damn!!nice setup.i like how the white 1g sittin in da back of the red,looks sick! biggrin.gif