Hairy'85si's Content

There have been 8 items by Hairy'85si (Search limited from 27-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#480632 Atlanta Area - Crx Body Panel Mold Help

Posted by Hairy'85si on 16 February 2010 - 11:27 PM in General Posts

I have a stock header on my '85 Si that needs tab repair and has cracks. I live about 40 miles NE of Atlanta.

#471988 1st Gen Fenders

Posted by Hairy'85si on 09 December 2009 - 01:10 AM in Projects

I have not checked, but an associate told me that Carolinas autosupply http://www.autosuppl...om/catalog.html
Has both the fenders and header panel as of a couple of weeks ago.

#471980 B16a2 Swapped Into A 85 Crx Help

Posted by Hairy'85si on 08 December 2009 - 11:40 PM in Swaps

Some codes will not effect the running of the car and others will cause run issues from VTEC being disabled to the car getting stuck in "Limp Home Mode" which means that it will not run over 3500 RPM. What I tell most people using the late model B motors is to get an OBD1 engine harness and then get a custom dash harness that is available from Mini Tec at www.superfastminis.com the dash harness connects from the engine harness and ties in the OBD1 ECU and the main relay and comes labeled with all of the wires necessary to connect to make the engine run. PM me if you need more info.

#471977 1990 B18

Posted by Hairy'85si on 08 December 2009 - 11:21 PM in Swaps

I work for a company that puts B motors in the old school Mini Coopers. We get axles from a company called the Drive Shaft Shop. I am the wire guy from Mini Tec and I am in the process of starting a build using my '85 CRX Si with a B16A. I make a custom harness that can make the swap a lot easier. It is made from an OBD1 dash harness that is cut down to eliminate everything that is not necessary to the build. PM me ti talk about it if you are interested.

#471955 Building A "poor Man's Type-r"

Posted by Hairy'85si on 08 December 2009 - 09:28 PM in Swaps

QUOTE (DEIVIONCRX @ Jul 4 2009, 12:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rev limit is determined by the bottom end. If its a LS bottom end, stick to the LS Redline.

I have seen LS bottom ends rev to over 10K with just changing rod bolts to ARP. The rod bolts are the weak link in the LS bottom ends.

#470517 Help! Crx Dying After Camshaft Install

Posted by Hairy'85si on 25 November 2009 - 02:03 AM in 1G CRX

Have you checked for any codes on the ecu? I have read the whole thread and did not see any mention. This is an important possibility. If you have a problem with the map sensor or the O2 sensor the fuel system can not operate properly. This will cause the symptom you are describing.

#470258 Cool Wiring Plugs Source

Posted by Hairy'85si on 23 November 2009 - 02:26 AM in General Posts

QUOTE (firstgencrx @ Nov 21 2009, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry if this is a repost. I stumbled across this company a few years ago, and just found them again. Great source for water proof connectors for custom wire harness changes. Look at the "Weather Pack" section of the site.

http://www.whiteprod...com/index.shtml

Of course, don't forget to get a bottle of "Replacement Wiring Harness Smoke" while you're at it. laugh.gif

Just kidding. tongue.gif

David

It would have to be smoke from Lucas!

#468299 D16a1 Swap In Progress

Posted by Hairy'85si on 07 November 2009 - 12:11 AM in Projects

QUOTE (dwend @ Nov 6 2009, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have an aftermarket fuel pump, and I think I have decided to put it under the hood.
There is also a CRX SI at my local P-A-P, I am thinking about taking the main fuel line, but I am lazy and rather do the easier one.

The only thing that stopped me from finish it today was that no stores carry a 1/2 to 5/16 barb conversion piece.

Dose any one have a picture of how fuel hose connects to the fuel line near the tank. My dad thinks I should put it back there and use some worm gear clamps.

On a good note I did put a bit of starter fluid in the throttle body and it started right away!

I work for a Company that vtecs Mini Coopers and we use an aftermarket fuel pump from NAPA that is a number E2000. We put it in a bracket made of aluminum on the frame rail and plumb it with steel lines from front to rear, but use FI hose from the tank to the pump and pump to hard line with worm gear clamps. We also use the same at the front to the FI rail. Look up www.superfastminis.com for picks of the cars. I have an '85 Si and I am putting a LS/VTEC in it with a LS cable tranny and the LS front and rear disk brakes with the front knuckles to accommodate the larger Integra axles.