Fuel Tank Pick Up Reference Pics

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

PuddleSkipper

• Ecomodder/Hypermiler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 89 Civic LX, 00 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 84 Civic 1500S (R.I.P.), 85 Wagovan (R.I.P.), 84 Civic GL (R.I.P.)

Thought I would throw this up, My thoughts on this are if your going to use stock pump, tank, and fuel lines, just buy a SI fuel tank pick up. However, if you wanna go aftermarket lines and pump but use the stock SI tank these can be reference pics so that you can locate your pick up and return to correctly inside your baffle, assuming you bought the SI tank. One of these days I'd like to make a pick up with 1/2" steel tubing for some serious hp. Pics should be high enough if you download the pics you can zoom in on the square to get measurements. Angles can also be calculate by using simple algebra slope equations which is why I used the square in the first place. *Keep in mind that these are three dimensional objects on a two dimensional plane and may need some tweaks here and there to get the proper angles.

1G CRX SI Fuel Tank Pick Up

DSC00152_zpse36a8cb3.jpg

1G CRX Carbed Fuel Tank Pick Up

CRXCarbed_zps57aa893c.jpg

3G Civic SI Fuel Tank Pick Up

3GSIPickup2_zps6c6e3887.jpg

3G Civic Carbed Fuel Tank Pick Up

Civic3GCarb_zps3fc4191d.jpg

Wagon 2WD Fuel Tank Pick Up 

Wagon2WD_zps62a82e34.jpg

Wagon 4WD Fuel Tank Pick Up

Wagon4X4_zpse9520b72.jpg

84-87 Civic Sedan Fuel Tank Pick Up - Might be kinda hard to see but this has a sideways 90 on the end of it.

Sedan%20Pickup_zpszhqkvojj.jpg

86-89 Integra Fuel Tank Pick Up

IntegraPickup_zps75127bca.jpg

11/5/14

After doing some research I believe that you could easily make your own pick up with soft, bendable copper. I've bent the OEM steel line and it is very difficult to flare/bend. Copper is soft enough to bend and flare, but stiff enough to retain the shape you put it in.  It supposed to get stiffer if you put bends in it. You would just have to solder it in place on the metal cap. If you freeze water inside the copper tubing you can bend it perfectly without kinking it, it is called ice bending. You could also use Cunifer or Bundyweld as well instead, I think I would use Cunifer though. Will try to grab a Sedan pick up which will complete this.

fat_85_civic

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 85 Civic 1500S - ZC converted
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
This is great info! Thank you. <br /><br />Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

PuddleSkipper

• Ecomodder/Hypermiler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 89 Civic LX, 00 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 84 Civic 1500S (R.I.P.), 85 Wagovan (R.I.P.), 84 Civic GL (R.I.P.)

Added more pics and changed name.

Velocity

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: Lifted d16z6 swapped 1987 civic rt4wd, 2007 acura RDX
Do you think you could update these pictures please?

PuddleSkipper

• Ecomodder/Hypermiler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
For $400 I will, lol. The problem is I have tons of pics and they're not labeled, except for on this site. So to make sure i was getting you the right pics I would need to pay 400, which eventually plan on doing, but now is not the time, my appologies
http://www.denverpos...-over-charging/

PuddleSkipper

• Ecomodder/Hypermiler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Looks like for whatever reason these pics are back online