Finally, I Get To Work On My Car...

• You cannot reply to this topic
12 replies to this topic

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Should be an interesting swap.... smile.gif

Looks good in there, doesn't it?

Stock Civic front mount, 2 out of 3 is ok, right?

Need to clearance the tranny mount:

And no, I'm not actually using that engine, it's just there for mock up of the mounts and axles. And yes, the engine bay will be cleaned and detailed...less than a month to get it ready... smile.gif
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

ImprtRcr02

• You Dare Mess With A Saiyajin??
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 04' Srt-4, working on the crx beast
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Looks good... well not right now, being dirty and all, but ya know. Cant wait to see that thing all clean and swapped. Should be awesome.

ImprtRcr02

bevboyy

• aaaaaooooooooogggahhhh
  • PipPip
    • Drives: '86 civic sedan(a work in progress..), 91 Mazda MPV 4x4 3.0l v6(fuel muncher..)
Lucky you - you have a garage you can manouvre about in.....

J.C.:-)
user posted image

CRXdan

Very cool. what does the rear tranny mount look like?
90 crx si
13.17@113 street tires low boost
86 samurai g16 turbo

sdubfid

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 Wagovan
is that a d16a6 motor? if so you have to make 1 mount for it right?

rpr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (sdubfid @ Mar 28 2004, 02:39 AM)
is that a d16a6 motor?  if so you have to make 1 mount for it right?

Yes it's an A6, and no, it's more like all 4 that you have to make/modify in some way. It will be a combination of 87, 90, and 92 Civic mounts in one form or another.

sdubfid

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 Wagovan
I thought in a previous post that you could put the d16 trannny on and that would take care of 2 mounts? Anyways nice work

rpr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (sdubfid @ Mar 28 2004, 02:35 PM)
I thought in a previous post that you could put the d16 trannny on and that would take care of 2 mounts?  Anyways nice work

No, I siad that the S20 tranny only bolted up to a D16A1 with 3 of the stock bolt locations. The whole reasons for doing this swap is around the S20 tranny. I am doing whatever I need to to get that tranny in the car! This seems like the best route at the time...we'll see... smile.gif

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Tom,

I am not familiar with the S20 transmission, could you explain what it is?

I was seriously wondering what gains you expect to get out of this, especially for the labor involved.... What performance specs come out of the D16A6?

Cheers,
Mark

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

D16CRX

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1988 Honda CRX SI, 1991 Civic Sedan DX (HAHA my parts hauler)
D16A6 Is avaliable in ANY 88-91 Civic/CRX Si. They have bolt on turbo kits and superchargers redaly avaliable, also internal mods are avaliable too, headers are made by plenty of manufacturers, and hey. If you dont like the D16A6 you could always put in A D16Z6 VTEC when that one is made to fit. biggrin.gif

rpr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (D16CRX @ Mar 28 2004, 09:57 PM)
D16A6 Is avaliable in ANY 88-91 Civic/CRX Si. They have bolt on turbo kits and superchargers redaly avaliable, also internal mods are avaliable too, headers are made by plenty of manufacturers, and hey. If you dont like the D16A6 you could always put in A D16Z6 VTEC when that one is made to fit. biggrin.gif

Exactly. Much more aftermarket support. I already have a header and cam for it, and if I decide to change later there are many other engines I could go with, D15B, Z6, Y8, etc.

Rampage: the tranny is from the 92-95 JDM Civic VTi, with a stock factory LSD diff.

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Makes sense now ph34r.gif

I figured it was the aftermarket support, and that the tranny was something special.... LSD.... droooooool.

Cheers,
Mark

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

Ghost-One

• the only Moderator who can fight MONSTERS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
excellent work i cat wait to see the finished product