Carb To D16a1?

• You cannot reply to this topic
18 replies to this topic

blahface

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1986 Honda CRX DX
i have the ole carburated 86 non si crx. i want to purt in the d16a1 for upgrade possiblilities and such. does anyone have a link to a how to on this swap? i found a few SI to d16a1's, but i imagine it will be much more complicated with this engine.
please help
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I <3 Rex

Street Luge

just me whoring again, you COULD just buy my carbed zc biggrin.gif

as for going from carbed dx to Fi the differences are i believe in teh wiring harness, ( want an si one perferably) the fuel system ( need a pump and such) as well as the ecu and harness to said ecu. i msure im missing a bit but those are the basics

Richard

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: NZDM? 85' Civic Hatch LX- D16A1,92 Toyota Soarer Big Single and a Bunch of Other Stuff
you need to convert your fuel lines to handle 120ish or what ever psi the si runs at

and you need to wire your car for fuel injection, with a very large spool of wire, the motor harness, ecu and ecu plugs it wouldnt be that hard. i stole an si's wiring harness and thinned it out and that worked too.

Maine_Honda_Racer

• Can't stay off the race track!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1993 Civic EX Track Car, 1987 Crx Si Ice Racer, 1990 CRX Si Track Car, 2004 Dodge Durango
The above is only partially correct. You can stil use your HF fuel lines without issue.

Ben

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Feb 28 2010, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In fact, I rock out an RPR decal!

Richard

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: NZDM? 85' Civic Hatch LX- D16A1,92 Toyota Soarer Big Single and a Bunch of Other Stuff
i didnt say he had to change lines, just make them handle the much greater pressure of the si, double hose clamps or what not.

85CRXHF2SI

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 85CRX /85MUSTANG
hey, i've done this swap last year. it's easy as long as you gather the right pieces before you start. I have an 85 hf crx , now running the 87 integra browntop, your D16a1. the entire wire harness for the car needs to be changed. not hard as long as you have a fuel injection harness from a donor car. I went the safe way and just got a complete 87 integra, and stripped it clean and used everything i could back on the crx. luckily, i also had a wrecked 86 crx si. so i actually used the wiring harness from that car, and it's fuel lines. just because i wanted it all to be as factory as possible. all the wiring lengths are correct, and run in the proper harness location and all that jazz, basically a direct bolt in. I don't know where these other dudes have gotten there info. but 120 psi fuel?? maybe on john force's alcohol funny car. actually he runs around 80-90 psi. stock crx si's run 28-32 psi of fuel pressure, with the integra browntop runs about 33-35 psi. I have heard you can use your stock crx fuel lines. but the si's are considerably larger. and if you plan on modding this engine, i would upgrade the lines. even if the engine doesn't require more fuel than what your stock lines can give it, the larger si's still flow a lot more, even when bypassing the engine and returning back to the tank. with a better fuel return system flowing, the fuel actually stays a little cooler. kinda works like a radiator. my return line going back to the tank stays pretty hot when running. and if your a real car nut, then you would know that both cooler air AND cooler fuel make more power. just a freebi way to get that extra 2-3 horsepower from the beast. lol....

bigk3000

• 1337 5h17
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 84 Civic Hatch 1500 S with D16A1 blacktop
    • Image Gallery
blacktop runs at 38 PSI...

seeing as my 300zx has more pressure then that and uses factory hose clamps on the flue rail, i wouldnt be surprised if you coudl get away with the stock lines.

by the way, you really need to search for the d16a1 swap. its not that hard, there are 100's of posts with this exact same question, and the same poor guys explaining the answers over and over again

Edited by bigk3000, 01 May 2006 - 07:53 PM.

EXPLOSIVO!
84 Civic Hatchback 1500S-w/ d16 blacktop :P
86 Nissan 300zx GLL

user posted image

SportInjectedClub
user posted image

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 crx ,98 malibu ,90 hatch,87 hatch trailer,87 legend,95 dodge neon,90 civic sedan SE
    • Image Gallery
lol 120 psi would pop lines like crazy laugh.gif pop pop pop

My Webpage
(quote by RareCrx)HAVE A MADD TYTE DIGGITY DOGG ,BUBBLES SPRAYIN ON THE INTERCOOLER, poopin ON A 8 SECOND CHEVELLE WITH MY MINI-ME SWAP DAY..

shaniqu3

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: Honda Integra
QUOTE (phatboycrxhf @ May 24 2006, 01:29 AM)
lol 120 psi would pop lines like crazy  laugh.gif  pop pop pop

What is a good external electronic fuel pump to use? I am doing this same swap but for a JDM 1995 Integra with twin carbs.

lilneedle

• Mcguyver's long lost son...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 Civic 1300 With complete brown top teg convo...
    • Image Gallery
Search for Walbro... online and get there number...tell them what yur doing and they will tell the perfect applications...cya. TOM
FORSALE$700BUX...
86 1300 3G With Teg conversion...DOHC BABY!!!

SAHCR-Saving Abused Hondas for Cleanup and Restoration-member.

Sgt. Pepper

blahface - I am doing a similar swap. I have an '85 HF that I am "planning" to drop a B16a1 into. (at least I think it is, it came out of an '89 Teg and has a black top). I already have the ecu and wiring harness from the teg. Would you mind passing along any info/links you come across? I'll do the same. Keep in touch.
Adding power makes you faster in the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman

strudel

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 2009 AUDI TT 3.2L, Project Teg powered Austin Mini Van
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (gen1CRX @ Jun 29 2006, 03:22 PM)
blahface - I am doing a similar swap. I have an '85 HF that I am "planning" to drop a B16a1 into. (at least I think it is, it came out of an '89 Teg and has a black top).  I already have the ecu and wiring harness from the teg. Would you mind passing along any info/links you come across? I'll do the same. Keep in touch.

You may have a little typo in your comment. If you have an 89 Teg Blacktop you have a D16A1 not a B16A1. JS

If you want one of these Logos send me a PM

aan.jpg

Austin Mini Van with DOHC Honda HP
http://www.angelfire.com/droid/strudel
Honda reliability and power combined with Mini cachet and style.

Sgt. Pepper

QUOTE (strudel @ Jun 30 2006, 01:15 AM)
QUOTE (gen1CRX @ Jun 29 2006, 03:22 PM)
blahface - I am doing a similar swap. I have an '85 HF that I am "planning" to drop a B16a1 into. (at least I think it is, it came out of an '89 Teg and has a black top).  I already have the ecu and wiring harness from the teg. Would you mind passing along any info/links you come across? I'll do the same. Keep in touch.

You may have a little typo in your comment. If you have an 89 Teg Blacktop you have a D16A1 not a B16A1. JS

Oops, my bad, thanks for the correction. Geeez, B and D aren't anywhere close to each other on my keyboard. Anyways, I assume my '85HF had an EW1, is there another name for that engine?

Edited by gen1CRX, 30 June 2006 - 07:09 AM.

Adding power makes you faster in the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman

redlynecrx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1986 crx
pierce manifolds makes an intake manifold for dual webbers for a d16a1. it costsd around 450 $ usa

julio_boostamante

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1990 civic 4 door Turbo
QUOTE (redlynecrx @ Jul 25 2006, 10:37 PM)
pierce manifolds makes an intake manifold for dual webbers for a d16a1.  it costsd around 450 $  usa

fuck that, ill make my own..... tongue.gif