Jackson Racing Supercharger?

• You cannot reply to this topic
9 replies to this topic

wabdlninja

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
I was woundering if a jackson racing supercharger would fit on my 85si crx with a frist gen b16 swap. I have seen them fit on 2 gen crx's with no problem, but I think I heard some where it does not fit frist gen crx's?

hondaghostcvcc

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1985 dx,Honda Prelude 1996 H23,1987 Integra4dr
QUOTE (wabdlninja @ Mar 10 2006, 03:59 PM)
I was woundering if a jackson racing supercharger would fit on my 85si crx with a frist gen b16 swap. I have seen them fit on 2 gen crx's with no problem, but I think I heard some where it does not fit frist gen crx's?

i duuno? Dumb question why don't you turbo it?
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."
- Mark Twain (1835-1910)

MY space
user posted image

Screech

• Project CI2-VIC Team Lead
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 16 Ford RS, 84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2), 98 Civic EX
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Are you thinking of a "roots" style SC like JR had for the CR-V engines? If so I've been told that would require alot of fabication. I'd believe it too. Due to the location of the pulley and the MC I think a RHD would be easier, but that "easier" is still relative. There was a thread recently about SCs look it up.

And as to the why not turbo it: some people don't like turbo lag.

Edited by Screech, 10 March 2006 - 04:39 PM.

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)
84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2 2.0l, SMF)

ChrisF-dude

• Powered by Natural Gas
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Location:Maryland, United States of America, Earth, Terran System, Milky Way 21158
    • Drives: 85 CRX Si (ZC), 2011 Toyota Camry
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (Screech @ Mar 10 2006, 04:38 PM)
And as to the why not turbo it: some people don't like turbo lag.

Who are these people, and what turbo are they using? We must smack them around a bit.

I wouldn't think, due to the small confines of the engine bay, that a roots style would fit well, maybe a cintrifugal one, like vortech could be fabbed in. The twin cams are pretty tight in there, plus engine torqing, you may have to cut the firewall. The 92-95 Greddy kit fits well on the twin cam D16, and is cheaper at $1500, with almost no lag. But, if you can cram in a supercharger, I'll be the first to give you a cyber pat on the back. biggrin.gif

Edited by ChrisF-dude, 10 March 2006 - 05:34 PM.

Once a woman is introduced to Colonel Angus, she'll settle for nothing less.
chrisfpixelcrx.jpgSiemblem.jpg

mindlessracing

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 05 gmc sierra; 97 teg h22 turbo; 87 crx hf; 90 300zx tt
    • Image Gallery
you could also fab up a bracket for an ati procharger was easier than trying to fit a roots style (plus they are not as good).
user posted image

Maine_Honda_Racer

• Can't stay off the race track!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1993 Civic EX Track Car, 1987 Crx Si Ice Racer, 1990 CRX Si Track Car, 2004 Dodge Durango
Sometimes I wonder if people bother to read posts at all, b16 not d16 engine swap.............and if someone wants a supercharger I say more power to them, but it is going to be a VERY close fit and may require "massaging" the firewall with a sledgehammer.

Ben

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Feb 28 2010, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In fact, I rock out an RPR decal!

autoxcrx

• <-- Never has time to work on his car anymore :(
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 85 CRX Si, 84 Civic Hatch (soon to be Si)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
If I remember right, it will not fit because the pulley hits the Master Cylinder/Brake booster. It is much more difficult to move those than to adjust the firewall.

Screech

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (autoxcrx @ Mar 14 2006, 02:28 PM)
If I remember right, it will not fit because the pulley hits the Master Cylinder/Brake booster.  It is much more difficult to move those than to adjust the firewall.

I agree that would be one of the hard parts of using a JR SC. But as seen in the recent k20 civic thread the brake booster can be relocated and I'm guessing that the MC had to move with it. Other option would be a RHD chassis. I still think the frame would be in way of the belts though.

The ATI procharger style can be mounted without interfering with the brakes, but the battery/front of the engine bay maybe more of an issue.

I think it would be neat to see a an ATI mounted on the front of the engine. I'd picture it sitting near where the "vac" box from the EW4 sat with the pulley facing the engine.

Screech

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I just found a pic I took like 18 monthes ago of a JR SC install on a Civic, newer that ours, but I think the pulley/brake may be the only issue, the SC doesn't look like its much closer to the firewall than a normal intake in that pic.

mindlessracing

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 05 gmc sierra; 97 teg h22 turbo; 87 crx hf; 90 300zx tt
    • Image Gallery
the ati blowers mount around the crank pulley (braket that goes across) and actually into the inner fender area.

the vortech ones are the ones that mount kinda where the batter is and have the rod that goes all the way across to the blower
user posted image