Tips

• You cannot reply to this topic
11 replies to this topic

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Hey guys and gals, there are some things that you can do here that you can't do on the resource/hq, etc:

- I can give you a custom 'Member Title' (the phrase under your name, for instance I am 'King Rice')
- I can change your password, at your request. I will e-mail a confirmation to the address in your profile before doing this
- If you want a custom 'avatar', the picture under your name, mail it to me and I'll set it up. It will be resized to fit, and once it is there, everyone will be able to use it.
- There is a messenger feature, where you can send a private message to a board member. The link is on the second menu line above.
- There are lots of different 'emoticons' available:
:)  :(    ;)    :o    :angry:    :biggrin:    :cheesy:    :confused:    :cool:    :sad:    :shocked:    :smile:    :wink:  
- Most of the tags are the same, url, img, link, email, etc.

If I think of anything else, I'll let you know.

Don

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
Sweet!!! That is some cool info.
Could my Membet Title be... Don Juan?
:D

rpr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I bumped up the size of the avatars, so if anyone wants to send me pics or logos or anything, send them to me and I'll put them up.

I am also looking at a bunch of enhancements to the board, some fun little things that people will be able to do. The first will be allowing people to put their own 'Member Title', the bit that shows under their name.

More to come, stay tuned!

rpr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I just added about 300 avatars, so if you couldn't find one you liked before, you should be able to now. Star Wars, Final Fantasy, Futurama, Simpsons, South Park, Mortal Kombat, a bunch of others.

I'm also adding more emoticons, so try those out too!

frank5079

• Silverstreak
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1984 CRX with a teg swap
Tom, for member title, I'd like to use my call sign, "Silverstreak".

Thanks,
Frank

(Edited by frank5079 at 8:18 am on July 31, 2001)

rpr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Done.

frank5079

• Silverstreak
  • PipPip
Thanks.
What else do you have to do to complete your swap?

Frank

rpr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Well, I haven't done much since the last update. I did a bunch of wiring and pretty much finished the fuel system, I still need to fix the timing on the engine, and do the front suspension, fix the exhaust, and put the engine in. Nothing to it, right?

frank5079

• Silverstreak
  • PipPip
Dude, you're keeping me in suspense. Seems like you should have that thing running before Christmas.....

rpr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Hey man, it's killing me too. Every time I go in the garage, I try and think of what task to tackle next, and I can never seem to get started on any one of them.

My deadline is end of September. That's when it starts to get cold enough to make riding the motorcycle very uncomfortable. Lots of people have offered to help me, I just have to take them up on it.

Soon enough, I hope!

frank5079

• Silverstreak
  • PipPip
If you don't get it done by September, you might want to buy heated vest and gloves and maybe even a one piece ski suit, which works quite well, as long as there aren't any ice patches on the road.......

BTW, Tom, I posted a thread a few days ago about installing a tow hitch on my car. I'll have to take some pics of my car with the trailer attached and my bike on it!

Later,
Frank

(Edited by frank5079 at 8:35 am on Aug. 20, 2001)

(Edited by frank5079 at 8:38 am on Aug. 20, 2001)

rpr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
The plan is to have a 'CRX fixit day' on Sept 8th, so that should get it most of the way there.

Send me the pics, and I'll post em up!