This Weeks Run

• You cannot reply to this topic
209 replies to this topic

Dirtcircle86

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: in circles. I did take a right out of turn four once and regreted it.

Just checking to see if anybody would be interested in an all-inclusive update thread.  Somewhere to post weekly updates, videos, points standings, lap/course times, and friendly prods, pokes, wagers and attaboys, regardless of the competetion genre (oval, road, auto, rally, paved, dirt).  I know a lot of the guys that race by themselves (1st poke ^_^) don't like to mingle with us three wide folks but it's all good competition.  I enjoy seeing the updates, pix, and vids even though it may not be what I do. 

Yay or nay?  Maybe a different title?  I'm not very creative. 

If it's a bad idea, I understand. :(

niccer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: '87 Civic Si, '11 F150 Ecoboost

I don't have anything to contribute yet, but I always enjoy watching yours or anyone's track videos. 

jsgprod

• The Beach....The only place where salt LOWERS your blood pressur
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE and 2001 F250 SD
    • Image Gallery
I think it's a great idea. I would contribute to it whenever I can.

If you love the Elise, drive a Se7en - Caterham or whatever...
It has even less content than the Elise, is less graceful looking
...and changes direction like a ping pong ball whacked by Thor.

scull+gif+1.gif

jsgprods Gallery

Dirtcircle86

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
Aight, ill get started. Be gentle, im a rookie.

http://m.youtube.com...r&v=ovNXOc_MKoA

Andy69

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members

Still waiting for the results from last weekend at Memphis International Raceway, but my two firsts in NXE will put me first in points by 10 and I think 50 ahead of third.  NXE is the most competitive class in our region - 17 drivers last year.  My lead is the difference between a first and a second place finish, so it's close.

My arch nemesis (and last year's class champion) had trouble with his Miata overheating and did not bring it for the second day, so I let him take the CRX out so he could still get points for the event and not be out of it for the year.  I might regret that later in the year, like in November :)

Dirtcircle86

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
Arch nemesis driving your car to compete against you? Arch nemesis's are a little different at our track! Lol! As long as he doesn't beat you in your own car.... Even as rough and competitive as the dirt track is, every weekend I see teams helping others with their cars. Friday, one of the PSRA guys had a LF flat and only had a couple of yellow laps to get it changed. The LF had more droop than the jack had lift so about six guys from various other teams sprinted over and raised it enough to get the tire mounted. Pretty cool.

I'm 7th in points even with only running four of seven nights.

http://www.speednetd...p?track_id=9305

1st, 2nd, and 4th are the only ones I can't beat. Yet. There are five females in the class. The girl in last place is 14 I think. Her first and only night she held it to the floor and plowed straight to the wall in turn one. I hope not but I assume no one gave her any coaching and let her learn on her own that the cars don't like power in the turn. It's a shame. hopefully, they will put the car back together so she can try again.

Andy69

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members
Well, he's a good driver, probably better than I am, and I suspect he held back so he wouldn't beat me. I've been beating him because my car is better, it he's been upgrading. Sort of an autocross arms race an Cold War :-)

Maine_Honda_Racer

• Can't stay off the race track!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1993 Civic EX Track Car, 1987 Crx Si Ice Racer, 1990 CRX Si Track Car, 2004 Dodge Durango

Well, I figured I should get into this thread. I know its a second gen but I've been racing first gens forever before I defected. Been a good season so far. Last night was week three. So far to date had a second and fourth place finish which had a three way tie for the points lead. This week I started the feature eighth and we only get fifteen laps so had a long way to go. Was up to second by lap five. Ran side by side with another car for the lead for the last ten laps running on the outside the whole time. On the last lap a car spun and was slow in the low groove. The guy inside of me pushed me up the track into the third groove. I managed to hold onto it and still come across the start finish line first despite a third car sneaking under us to try to go three wide for the win. All in all a good night, and now I stand alone atop the points 1/3 of the way through the season.

10484162_729287743784081_572708637226083

10434314_729312643781591_898891372678371

Ben

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Feb 28 2010, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In fact, I rock out an RPR decal!

Dirtcircle86

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip

Hell ya!  That's good stuff! 

If I can leave work early enough, I may get to race this week....  Wifey hired a crew to pressure wash/stain both houses, shop, and deck this week so I got to deal with a few repairs til dark then to the shop til 2A.  I still don't have a final corner weight since it takes two for that...

radar51

• 1G Addict
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 2007 ford focus (ugh), 1989 Integra LS
    • Image Gallery
Congrats on the win! It sounds like a really hard fought battle.

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk

Hoping to get back into the 1G game ASAP!

Dirtcircle86

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
The heat was promising. The Avalon normally fights for second. I was again trying to learn the car after extensive changes. The track lowered the "claim" to $750 from $2000 which is a joke. There are ways to slow cars down without running them off.

http://m.youtube.com...r&v=gfBWfqJBIQI

niccer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: '87 Civic Si, '11 F150 Ecoboost

Nice run and much better video than prior.  

Dirtcircle86

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
The claim is to keep guys from spending tons of money and building a nasty car. You can build a competitive car for $2000, you can't do anything for $750. Sounds like rambling but it will explain my "second" place finish. 919 has won 4 (every) features this year, so just by showing up, anybody can buy his car for SURPRISE! $750. He sandbagged to a second place finish behind his son, got "claimed," and denied it so he got DQ'd, I place second. They won't be back to the track because jr. Poe has 3 wins and will get claimed next time he wins. I'm now the fastest car at the track, by half a lap, so three weeks from now, I'm out also.

Anyway, it was the best race I've ran. The car LOVES some bassackwards counterintuitive set-up.

http://m.youtube.com...em-upload_owner

Dirtcircle86

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
MUD!! And the car liked it!

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=dbDa8wvlZJo

And they watered again before feature.

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=C1pE2CtJw3c

Maine_Honda_Racer

• Can't stay off the race track!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1993 Civic EX Track Car, 1987 Crx Si Ice Racer, 1990 CRX Si Track Car, 2004 Dodge Durango
Great video. How many laps do you get in a feature?

Ben

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Feb 28 2010, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In fact, I rock out an RPR decal!