• You cannot reply to this topic
31 replies to this topic

rextec

• coming along.......
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 crx si, 98 civic dx hb
    • Image Gallery
are these any good? anyone use them? will they work with the teg front brakes? they look the same but the first ones are cheaper.
ebay lines #1
ebay lines #2

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Well, both of them say that the pictures are samples only, and I can say for sure that the ones in the pictures are NOT CRX lines. However, if they do have ones for the CRX (which they say they do), it will work fine with teg brakes.
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

jsgprod

• The Beach....The only place where salt LOWERS your blood pressur
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE and 2001 F250 SD
    • Image Gallery
Here's a way to save some money if you really want good braided stainless brake lines.

Go to Pegasus race supply and buy their pre-made lines in the length you need. Then get the neccessary adapters to connect to the Master cylinder and the stock hard lines, also the connection for the rear drums. They have everything you need.

I did this for my car fifteen years ago and even after buying the parts individually it cost less than I would have spent anywhere else.

Here's a link to the page with the lines: Brake lines Get the -3 size. Big isn't better in this case wink.gif .

Jay

If you love the Elise, drive a Se7en - Caterham or whatever...
It has even less content than the Elise, is less graceful looking
...and changes direction like a ping pong ball whacked by Thor.

scull+gif+1.gif

jsgprods Gallery

JEFFtheJ00la

• i was the first one to rent this monte, lol
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86crx soon to be b20b, 96Grand am sedan(9.22 1/8th), 79Trans am 403 to 350 in prog. , 03Dakota DD, 86 civic sedan si swap dd
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
thats friggen crazy, i was lookin at those lastnite and was thinkin the same thing

SportInjectedClubvisit my myspace SAHCR Member

if your offended by anything i post, you need to seriously get a life

Greg Gauper

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: '84 Civic (SCCA G-Prod, moved to H-Prod in 2008
Jay's suggestion is a good choice. They have the premade SAE hoses and the 3/8" banjo works with our metric 10mm bolts.

Still, you can do one better by turning to the same section in the same Pegasus catalog and just buying the -3 hose and all required fittings and make the hose assemblies yourself. They aren't that difficult to make, especially if you have a cutoff wheel for a dremel tool to make nice clean cuts.

The advantage of making your own is hat the hardware is reusable, so it's cost effective to replace the hoses with new hardware on a periodic basis. The premade hoses that Pegasus sells have crimped fittings and are not reusable.

Please don't reuse the crush washers for the banjo fittings. They are cheap. Put new ones it. Brakes aren't an area where you want to save a few cents.

Edited by Greg Gauper, 22 January 2005 - 01:41 PM.

2011 SCCA H-Production National Champion

rextec

• coming along.......
  • PipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
well, i just bought the cheaper ones!!!

Surestick

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 CRX DX. Upgrades (so far) Illuminas on all four corners, new rims & tires & Eldo's carb mod. Needs some rust repair. 1993 Civic Si as a daily driver that I have sworn to keep stock (so $$ can go to the CRX).
Do you know what lengths of hose to get if you go the do-it-yourself method? I assume you can't cut the SS line yourself without special tools.

smokin rubber

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86si
QUOTE (Greg Gauper @ Jan 22 2005, 01:40 PM)
3 hose and all required fittings and make the hose assemblies yourself.  They aren't that difficult to make, especially if you have a cutoff wheel for a dremel tool to make nice clean cuts.

Surestick

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 CRX DX. Upgrades (so far) Illuminas on all four corners, new rims & tires & Eldo's carb mod. Needs some rust repair. 1993 Civic Si as a daily driver that I have sworn to keep stock (so $$ can go to the CRX).
Doh! sad.gif
Oh well, now I know it twice as well... laugh.gif

1st gen boy

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 CRX Si ( SCCA ITB) 88 CRX Si (SCCA GTL)
Just call me and i'll hook you guys up!!

Bob Clark
Pegasus Auto Racing Supplies
800-688-6846 ext 1225
www.pegasusautoracing.com

rextec

• coming along.......
  • PipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
dang it!!!! i already ordered from ebay!!!! mad.gif

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
sweet.

although, this is one area where i wouldn't cheap out. but now i know someone who works somewhere!!!
yey!
1986 Civic Si; b16a is in.. just gotta get it running..
longest swap ever..... :(

Surestick

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
1st gen boy,
Do you work for/own Pegasus Auto Racing Supplies?
Maybe you could set up an "RPR kit" with all the parts needed to make your own stainless lines with the right connectors, etc. for our cars.
I was holding back on doing this due to the price but going the self made route looks to be about half the price.

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
That's an awesome idea! I'd be in for a kit, that's for sure...
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

1st gen boy

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 CRX Si ( SCCA ITB) 88 CRX Si (SCCA GTL)
Yes i, work at Pegasus. I'm sure we can work something out. I did the same thing on my IT car and it was pretty painless. There are a couple of options here to think about.

1. The pre made hoses are cheaper to purchase rather that assembling your own hoses out of parts.

2. The down side to #1 (as Greg pointed out) is the inability to repair a pre made hose if you damage it due to the ends being crimped on as opposed to the assemble yourself program where the ends of the hose are reuable as long as they are not damaged.

3. You would have to make the rear hoses regardless since they are so short that there are no pre made ones that length.

4. I can figure out what went on my CRX Si but i'm, not sure if a Civic would be the same.

5. You would have to reuse the original bracket on the front struts that hold the brake line. Since SS lines are smaller in diameter, some type of bushing would have to be made or supplied by the end user.

6. I would need to know some kind of qty of kits needed to work out a price. The more interest the lower the price as we can negotiate with our suppliers on xtra large orders. Maybe Tom can put up some kind of poll or survey to determine interest?

7. I would have no idea on price until i get a feel for the qty needed.

8. Pegasus is a real business (25 years) with a real building and 15 people that work here.
We accept Master Card,Visa, Discover, COD (money order only) No pay pal or anything like that. Check out our web site www.pegasusautoracing.com for more info or give me a call.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have anyother questions.

Bob Clark
Pegasus Auto Racing Supplies
800-688-6946 ext 1225
262-317-1225