Need An Injector

• You cannot reply to this topic
32 replies to this topic

AggressiveST

QUOTE (badpenny @ Feb 22 2006, 01:44 PM)
Ok, I am confused.  Didn't you already do a compression test?

I did a compression test before I took the head off the second time to replace the intake valves. After that when it was running on 3 cylinders I pulled the plug out to see if it was firing and the cylinder with no plug in it sounded like it had good compression so I didn't test it, I tested the injector and assumed that was the only problem.

I didn't get around to testing it today, I've gotten frustrated with it and tired of working on it. I've dumped several hundred dollars into this car in the last few weeks and still can't drive it...and...when I replaced the injector, 2 of the 4 studs broke off and now it's leaking fuel from the rail.
THEN: soon after that : next in order of time, position, narration, or enumeration <walked to the door, then turned><first came the clowns, and then came the elephants>

THAN: used as a function word to indicate difference of kind, manner, or identity ; used especially with some adjectives and adverbs that express diversity <anywhere else than at home><older than I am> <easier said than done>

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
rolleyes.gif

You need a break.
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

AggressiveST

I'm such a tard.

I did a compression test today:
1- 185
2- 167
3- 185
4- 70

Guess what I didn't think to do when I put the new exhaust valves in cyl. 2 and 4...

I just took the valve cover off and started trying to jiggle the rocker arms with my fingers. No. 2 and 4 were closed so I should have been able to move the arms a little bit...nope. Stupid me didn't adjust them for the new valves so they aren't closing all the way.

durrr
THEN: soon after that : next in order of time, position, narration, or enumeration <walked to the door, then turned><first came the clowns, and then came the elephants>

THAN: used as a function word to indicate difference of kind, manner, or identity ; used especially with some adjectives and adverbs that express diversity <anywhere else than at home><older than I am> <easier said than done>