The Honali Build

• You cannot reply to this topic
286 replies to this topic

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: R.I.P ~Honali~ 3G civic now drives Silver 86 Civic hatch
thats the very same paint used on my car. on the bottomhalf of the jeep is 50/50 red/orange the top half is solid orange and he fogged some of the 50/50 mix along where the orange met the red. it looks unreal in the sun. is it bright? cool.gif Oh Yeah!

i dont really care for the yellow on my car, and to be honest i could do without the multi tone as well. so i think when the car gets resprayed it'll be in the solid orange.

rprdotcom1cropped.gifRIPHonalicroppedsigpic.jpgAW1GMtu.jpgH4zO0Qb.jpg

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
YaY! for new tie-rod ends!!!

oh and we managed to stop the exxon valdez of an oil leak in the trans as well. now its soooooo much quieter. the trans is still pooched, but it sounds better now, doesnt sound like i have a garbage bag full of angry cats under the hood when i downshift at least. YaY! for JB weld!!!

i think this weekend were going to try and excise the new trans from the donor car this weekend as long as its not raining or snowing. all the snow is finally gone and its mostly dry back there......

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
so as i reported in the postwhores thread about my daughter and her ex, he did give her car stereo back. the deck, subs/box and amp. he had taken it out the day she moved so she couldnt show the cops her stereo.

anyway, she wanted bigger bass for her new car so we went to bestbuy last night and picked her up a 12" sony xplode 1300watt peak sub and a vented bassworx box.

so, right now our basement kinda has this pawnshop feel to it. we have 2 boxes with 2 10's in each. 3 boxes each loaded with a single 12. multiple car amps/caps/decks and wiring. not to mention all the other electronic crap and my computer store inventory.....

i think i have enough computer gear to cover all the walls in the basement with no gaps..... ph34r.gif

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
*Update*

replaced passenger side spindle yesterday with one from the parts car, he had cut into it with the grinder when we were cutting everything out so he had to throw a weld on it. it wasnt a deep enough cut to effect anything structuraly.

with all the new parts in the front end (that should read "everything is new in the frontend) everything came apart super easy,the ball joints and tierod ends just popped right off with little effort. put it all back together super easy. get the car back on the ground and out of the shop just to hear the backing plate rubbing like crazy on the rotor.... mad.gif he was so pissed off ohmy.gif ph34r.gif so i will be fixing that tonight while he works at the drivers side spindle.

so thats pretty kewl hey? the only thing left to do on the front of the car is bushings and a trans replacement, well other small stuff to like the rear main seal, new plug wires and an oil change. but thats not alot really.

oh, i should mention that were replacing the spindles because the bearings in the old ones are toast, i picked up the old spindle after he pulled it out and i shook it..... it rattled ph34r.gif so were putting on these other ones from the donor car so i can take the old ones from my beater and stuff new bearings in them when i can afford to.

*side note*
my hubby used to be totally against the honda, he wouldnt get in it and he surely wouldnt drive it. now 2.5 years later he brags to people about how cheap it is on gas and parts and how incredibly easy it is to do work on. neither one of us is a mechanic but both of us has spent decades around cars and mechanics and we have been finding this car is one of the most well designed econo boxes around. you dont have to be an engineer to do an oil change, and parts are plentiful and cheap. now i am begining to understand why some people put those stupid "I (HEART) my Honda" stickers their honda's.

again, thank you Tom for a wonderful forum. we would have been pretty much lost without it. and happy birthday. (a day late but i was totally busy yesterday)

and for the rest of the community, hey thanks!!! biggrin.gif

Edited by JeepGirl, 11 April 2006 - 09:25 AM.

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
site reset bump.

that and i'm bored.

C8V6C

Wow, check out those seats.......thats crazy

They probably weigh almost 100 each though lol

844b096b-9fda-4214-b621-217bc4a6dce1.jpg

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
164lbs each i usually just round it down to 300 for both so it doesnt sound as bad laugh.gif

meh, i dont care, cant beat them for comfort and ease of cleaning.

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
wheee!!!!

i get to do the drivers side spindle in a couple of hours..... mad.gif

oh well, one piece at a time and after each piece the car runs and handles better.

i have a question about wheels if you all are so inclined.

i'm going to be buying a set of mooneyes hub caps for the car, i'll be putting them on stock steelies because the stock ones are lighter then any junkyard alloy rim i'll find that will fit. now, i need to know how wide i can get a stock steel rim in a 14" thats 4X100 and what car they come from. i have no idea about the wheels size differences between models. i want the 14's over the 13's because their a bit bigger which allows me to run a series or two lower aspect ratio tires without making my car look like it should be towed by oxen instead of moving under its own power.

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
YaY!

new spindles w/newer bearings in them, new LCA's and ball joints, new tie-rod ends, new struts, new axles. new new new!!!!

now i just need my bushing kit to arrive in the mail and i'll have new ES bushings on the whole front end too!

<---happy camper, can you tell?

now i just need to do an alignment, on the $12k digital/wireless alignment machine at his work that no one knows how to use, so my car will stop pulling to the right and i'll be all set for my new transmission and new stage1 clutch.

wow, its so nice having a new front end in the car. no more hitting the gas and feeling like i'm towing a trailer because my bearings were toast, even my rotors stopped glowing red at night after a run to the store, yes they used to do that. ph34r.gif no more boiling brake fluid in my calipers. i can hit normal bumps now and not have the car decide it wants to go another direction.......

i'm very pleased.

*pats herself on the back*

Edited by JeepGirl, 12 April 2006 - 12:21 PM.

C8V6C

Holy shit!! 164 bs each, lol......thats crazy

844b096b-9fda-4214-b621-217bc4a6dce1.jpg

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
yep, 164lbs..... comfort comes at a cost, the cost is weight.....

4 wonderfully warm and sunny days and i havent been able to take advantage of any of them due to having a brutal headcold. the snow has been melted for a week now and i still havent been able to get out there to pull the trans on the parts car... i really hope i feel better soon.

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
*UPDATE*

have almost everything we need for swapping the trans finally. i looked all over the place locally(besides ebay) for an ACT clutch and pressure plate but to no avail so i'm going with a centerforce one instead.... placed my order for everything i'll need and we should have it all here in 14 days biggrin.gif its going to be so weird driving around in my car and it being quiet....

as we were pulling out the majority of the bolts ont he new trans to get it out of the old car i decided to see if i needed anything from the interior. well... i would up pulling out the whole steering coloum because it has functional singal return switches (you know, when you straighten out your wheels the signal shuts off) and the switches in mine have been toast from day one. while i was going over it i noticed that it also has intermitant wipers!!! blink.gif to kewl for school right?.. well maybe. i'm not sure if i need to pull out the whole fuse block to get the int relay or if i can just steal the relay and pop it right in my current fuse box (my car didnt come with int wipers) i checked both my manuals and they were both kinda light on info regarding that issue.

any input would be appreciated.

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
just a tiny bump.

i'm really curious about the int wiper thing.

3gencivic

• civics rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 01 jimmy4x4, 92 ranger custom longbox 2wd
i belive the wireing is already there and you just have to plug and play. i havnt done a steeringcolum switch in a long time and it was going form a non hatch wiprer to a hatch wiper one and it all worked.

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
kewl thanks, he has been complaining for awhile about not having int wiper in the car... so now we'll have proper working signal return switches AND intermittent wipers.

i just wasnt sure if i needed to grap the parts car fuse block or just the relay.