• You cannot reply to this topic
16 replies to this topic

DSK 86CRX

• Team Tach-Out MotorSports
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1986 honda crx hf/si and my 86 civic hatchback si
    • Image Gallery
Hey everyone well i started a project thread a while back and things have changed since then and it just really didn't get looked at. so im gonna hopefully have some pics up in the next week or so to show progress of my crx, but yeah. well let me give you the story, so i've been really tossed up on what to do, what engine to swap, what to do with my cars, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. well i finally got it all figured out and im gonna log it all down. so i start tonight just to say im gonna start. Okay and now the swap of choice, i was gonna go d16, but then i found a really great deal on some hasport mounts so i got them. bam!!! im doing a b18 now. i already have the b18 hidden at the junkyard, now im just waiting either until a half off day, which means the motor will cost me $100, so yeah i'll try to wait. i need to find a tranny because it was an automatic, but i think i found one, so we'll see. but yeah this is gonna be my journal, im gonna put everything here and just keep going, hopefully i can get the swap done fast, but we'll see. so now its off to bed as i dream about my crx getting no traction and watching jaws drop at the track. i'll write more tomorrow, but im tired so good night everyone. cant wait to get your guys opinions and help. thanks

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 crx ,98 malibu ,90 hatch,87 hatch trailer,87 legend,95 dodge neon,90 civic sedan SE
    • Image Gallery
right on sounds good cant wait to see more smile.gif

peace mitch

My Webpage
(quote by RareCrx)HAVE A MADD TYTE DIGGITY DOGG ,BUBBLES SPRAYIN ON THE INTERCOOLER, poopin ON A 8 SECOND CHEVELLE WITH MY MINI-ME SWAP DAY..

JEFFtheJ00la

• i was the first one to rent this monte, lol
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86crx soon to be b20b, 96Grand am sedan(9.22 1/8th), 79Trans am 403 to 350 in prog. , 03Dakota DD, 86 civic sedan si swap dd
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
awesome. if you need a tranny ive got 3 ls's and 1 b16

SportInjectedClubvisit my myspace SAHCR Member

if your offended by anything i post, you need to seriously get a life

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
being that you are in fontana, and i am so close...maybe i can drop by sometime and check out the process
1GRPhotography
MySpace
I'ma in the Carburetion Nation

DSK 86CRX

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
well let me know what looking to get for one of the ls trannies. i have a question though guys, the car im getting my b18 from was automatic, and so was the engine harness, it has some wires for the auto solenoids, is that gonna mess things up for me? i was thinking about going back and getting the harness from the bay to the interior just for the ecu. ass long as i depin the auto wires it should be fine right? or should i try to find one from a manual integra? alright then, thanks guys

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
A manual harness would suit you better
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

DSK 86CRX

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
alright then i guess thats what i shall look for, damn, well as long as i can get the engine in and mounted thats kool for now

JEFFtheJ00la

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86crx soon to be b20b, 96Grand am sedan(9.22 1/8th), 79Trans am 403 to 350 in prog. , 03Dakota DD, 86 civic sedan si swap dd
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
well ls tranny's go for 300-400 usually ive seen. make me an offer i cant refuse.

i have an obd0 (90-91) teggy body harness. it needs the engine bay harness though. let me know if your intrested. $45 for the harness.

DSK 86CRX

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
hey man im sorry but im will be getting it from the j-yard because full price its only $120, and i will probably get in on a half day $60. sorry buddy, i wanna see how cheap i can do my swap for, and i need the engine harness not the other harness. unless...guys im not gonna need the entire integra harness do i just the wires from the engine to the ecu right? cant i work with the rest?

JEFFtheJ00la

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
you need the part of the body harness that plugs into the ecu and goes to the engine bay and then the engine bay harness

i understand you wanna get it done cheap i just need money and you need parts.

DSK 86CRX

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
Hey guys i was wondering though, theres no way i could use that harness from the auto? would it just have extra wires that i can depin? or does it have wires that are different from that of a manual car? the only reason i really want this one is cause they are hard to find without already be all hacked up or anything, and this one had not been touched just let me know. oh and one thing i for got to mention, im planning on making the car smog legal, yep im gonna make my rex smog legal, and im in cali so its gonna be fun. but i figure it shouldn't be bad because i got all the smog crap on the motor and im pretty sure thats all i have to do, so we'll see. but im gonna add carb legal parts to it so i can get a lil extra powa from it and still not let the man be able to stop me. anyone know if a 90-91 integra aem short ram will fit in our bay with the b18 in it? i wanna go with that and then also DC 4-1 headers, also legal, and then i don't know what else i can do. but alright im off to the junkyard to see what i can find

DSK 86CRX

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
Alright guys, im planning on getting my b18 this weekend and i already go the harness from the ecu to the engine, and now im wondering how should i go about wiring it when i pick it up? i have been trying to reasearch how to wire, but i cant seem to find much that makes since to. so if anyone could please give me and idea on what i should do to go about this that would be awesome, so thanks a lot to everyone that has helped me out and i will be having pics up very soon. cant wait to hear your guys opinions

DSK 86CRX

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
anyone know where i can get some scans of the 91 integra ecu wiring? and the 86-87 si ecu wiring? hell if anyone knows how i can get the entire wiring diagrams? someone please help me out.

tegrolla666

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 Civic SI EA, 89 Corolla AE92, 93 Integra GSR DA
QUOTE (DSK 86CRX @ Sep 22 2006, 02:27 AM)
i already have the b18 hidden at the junkyard, now im just waiting either until a half off day, which means the motor will cost me $100

a b18 what? b18c1, b18a, b18b1? a basic LS motor? 100 sounds crazy, atleast where im at!

DSK 86CRX

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
b18a1 basic ls, why does $100 sound crazy is that too much or not enough? whats up