Anything Different

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

87CrxType-one

• Loving the 1g's and 3g's
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87crx si, and my beautiful 76 gas station orange 1980 plymouth arrow pickup, oh yeah baby!!!!!!!
    • Image Gallery
I just was curious to know if anyone knows if I were to swap in a b18c1 instead of a b16 what would be different. Axles, linkage both shift and throttle, will it fit height wise and does the intake mani fit. Someone please answer who for surely know that would be awesome thanks.

Screech

• Project CI2-VIC Team Lead
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 16 Ford RS, 84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2), 98 Civic EX
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
In my Hatch height is not a problem with my B20 and it is taller than the B18 IIRC. I've heard of problems with the B18C intake, but no first hand exp. I was told my B20Z intake would not fit, I tried anyway and it fits perfect, even clears the hood. With a cable tranny mounts/axles/intermediate shaft/shift linkages are all the same. I highly would suspect the throttle cable to be interchangable, but again no first hand exp. If I'm thinking of the right engine I think the B18C has some wiring differences for controlling the intake runner butterflies

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)
84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2 2.0l, SMF)

savestheday

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 84 crx HFi, 1993 Integra
Dont know about the gsr intake but the engine dimensions are the same, or close enogh to not matter. You could switch to a b18c5 or b18c intake to alleviate that problem and its an upgrade.
It runs! Carb to Megasquirt EFI.

DEIVIONCRX

• Demon Of All Trades
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 88 Civic DX, 90 CRX DX, 80 Trans Am, 10 Fit Sport
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
GSR manifold wont fit without some major modifications, im pretty shure, that thing is huge and sticks way out

and i think you would need a aftermarket intake manifold, the GSR bolt pattern is unique to itself and maybe the ITR but i dont think so
Posted Image

kakabox

• Turd Polisher
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: from point 'A' to point 'B' daily.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (DEIVIONCRX @ Aug 16 2006, 06:34 PM)
GSR manifold wont fit without some major modifications, im pretty shure, that thing is huge and sticks way out

and i think you would need a aftermarket intake manifold, the GSR bolt pattern is unique to itself and maybe the ITR but i dont think so

This is what I've read also...I believe I read it on the HASPORT web site.