The Project.........

• You cannot reply to this topic
68 replies to this topic

crazi-85crx

QUOTE (lxndr @ Jul 23 2006, 03:20 PM)
3. There is no "redtop" DOHC ZC or D16A1.

Don't you have a redtop lxndr?wink.gif (That might be what he's thinking of.)

lxndr

• All work and no play makes LXNDR a dull boy. All work and no...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
QUOTE (crazi-85crx @ Jul 23 2006, 01:26 PM)
Don't you have a redtop lxndr?wink.gif (That might be what he's thinking of.)

Yes but it's an '88 Integra blacktop motor, I just painted the valve cover red.

crxboi

• Got Rice?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 1989 CR-X Ef8 RHD , 1993 CR-X DEL SOL EG2 RHD
alright i went to the junk yard and i didnt find any parts cars but i found 2 motors!!!! They are going for $135.00 each and i get everything from the flywheel forward!!!

BROWN TOP!!!!

BLACK TOP!!!!

This pic is of the black top with the cam cover off does it look alright inside???? it was pretty clean looked brand new inside there!

laugh.gif and i also picked up a 3g civic clock that i cleaned up and allready installed in my crx!!!! Looks better in green!!!1 biggrin.gif

Edited by crxboi, 23 July 2006 - 05:46 PM.

lxndr

• All work and no play makes LXNDR a dull boy. All work and no...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
It's hard to tell from the pic but judging by the ammount of yellowing on the inside of the blacktop, it looks like it has around 170K miles on it. It doesn't look bad, I've seen worse. A compression test will be a better way to find out the actual condition of the motor.

Don't forget, you need everything from the flywheel back too.

Edited by lxndr, 23 July 2006 - 05:52 PM.

crazi-85crx

Chris, whichever you choose, be sure to get everything you need. Engine, transmission, engine mounts, ecu, wiring harness, gauge cluster (if blacktop), knuckle & hub assemblies, axles, throttle cable from the browntop, ......what else?

These are transverse engines. When they pull domestic engines from yards they usually leave the transmission in the car hence, "flywheel forward", so make sure they let you have the transmission too. I know they're attached and all, but they may want another 100 bucks for it or something. And $135, I take it you'd be pulling it yourself then? (if they let you). Because most yards around here will charge an extra $200-$400 if you want them to pull it for you.

strudel

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 2009 AUDI TT 3.2L, Project Teg powered Austin Mini Van
    • Image Gallery
If you find one with power windows and mirrors and is decent shape offer to buy the complete wreck and as I said strip all that you need and sell whatever you can, especially if it has 4 disc brakes. I don't know if you ar into customizing but I suspect you just want to race it, on the track! Sometimes that is cheaper in the long run and you can strip it at your leisure. JS

If you want one of these Logos send me a PM

aan.jpg

Austin Mini Van with DOHC Honda HP
http://www.angelfire.com/droid/strudel
Honda reliability and power combined with Mini cachet and style.

crxboi

• Got Rice?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (crazi-85crx @ Jul 23 2006, 09:19 PM)
Chris, whichever you choose, be sure to get everything you need. Engine, transmission, engine mounts, ecu, wiring harness, gauge cluster (if blacktop), knuckle & hub assemblies, axles, throttle cable from the browntop, ......what else?
These are transverse engines. When they pull domestic engines from yards they usually leave the transmission in the car hence, "flywheel forward", so make sure they let you have the transmission too. I know they're attached and all, but they may want another 100 bucks for it or something. And $135, I take it you'd be pulling it yourself then? (if they let you). Because most yards around here will charge an extra $200-$400 if you want them to pull it for you.

I talked to they owner of this junk yard and they said that they would give me the whole car for $600.00 and thell call me once they get a new integra in before they drop it on the lot to be stripped!!! smile.gif seems to me like a good deal!!!

crxboi

• Got Rice?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (strudel @ Jul 23 2006, 09:49 PM)
If you find one with power windows and mirrors and is decent shape offer to buy the complete wreck and as I said strip all that you need and sell whatever you can, especially if it has 4 disc brakes. I don't know if you ar into customizing but I suspect you just want to race it, on the track! Sometimes that is cheaper in the long run and you can strip it at your leisure. JS

i am planning on getting one with rear disc's because i would like them in my rex.. and ya for sure ill be racing it on the trac i have learned that racing on the street isnt worth it any more!!!

crazi-85crx

it's an okay deal. will they tow it away for you? or do you got that covered?

crxboi

• Got Rice?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (crazi-85crx @ Jul 24 2006, 01:16 AM)
it's an okay deal. will they tow it away for you? or do you got that covered?

ya ill just hook it up to my dads truck and get a towing bed its $50.00 for 24 hours... now i just have to waite for the perfect doner!!!

crxboi

• Got Rice?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Also thanks crazy for the clock idea it looks wicked and it only cost me 5 bucks!!!

crazi-85crx

QUOTE (crxboi @ Jul 24 2006, 12:32 AM)
Also thanks crazy for the clock idea it looks wicked and it only cost me 5 bucks!!!

Now you got me thinking I should get one for myself unsure.gif. I do like it in green though...

crxboi

• Got Rice?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (crazi-85crx @ Jul 24 2006, 08:46 AM)
Now you got me thinking I should get one for myself unsure.gif. I do like it in green though...

now i just need to get my spedometer green too!

ok and the best part of this project is that i got an interview tommarow at 11 where i was pllaning to get the doner car from!!! tongue.gif YES PICK N PULLO HERE I COME!!! but im still gonna keep working as a carpenter!!!! that pays alot more!

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (crxboi @ Jul 24 2006, 11:43 AM)
now i just need to get my spedometer green too!

ok and the best part of this project is that i got an interview tommarow at 11 where i was pllaning to get the doner car from!!! tongue.gif  YES PICK N PULLO HERE I COME!!! but im still gonna keep working as a carpenter!!!! that pays alot more!

A dx speedo with tach is the same as an Si, all you need to do is make sure you have all the bulbs in the back. Oh, and when you start the car you will not have the PGMFI LMNOPqwer6try symbol.
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

crxboi

• Got Rice?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (badpenny @ Jul 24 2006, 04:00 PM)
A dx speedo with tach is the same as an Si, all you need to do is make sure you have all the bulbs in the back.  Oh, and when you start the car you will not have the PGMFI LMNOPqwer6try symbol.

so i can just change the lights in the back to a diffrent coulour and theyll light up that colour!