The Project.........

• You cannot reply to this topic
68 replies to this topic

crxboi

• Got Rice?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 1989 CR-X Ef8 RHD , 1993 CR-X DEL SOL EG2 RHD
Ok so im so confused about this crazy what should i do.... should i hold up off this motor and grab one from the junkyard or!!!! you know more about this then me man!!! biggrin.gif

crazi-85crx

For the rest that are watching, he's trying to put a Blacktop D16A1 into his '86 CRX DX and is looking for all the help we can give him to do the swap himself, or with as little help as neccessary.

Does the engine in your CRX still run?

crxboi

• Got Rice?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (crazi-85crx @ Jul 22 2006, 09:11 PM)
For the rest that are watching, he's trying to put a Blacktop D16A1 into his '86 CRX DX.

Does the engine in you CRX still run?

]
ok my motour still runs but im looking to get fuel injection, and from the d16 i can make alot more power then mine!! also im getting sick of this carberated motor!

crazi-85crx

Okay, I ask because you may want to hold off on the swap until you are capable of doing it or having someone help with it.

Let's try and compile a list of EVERYTHING that you need and needs to be done. I'm sure everyone will chip in their knowledge on the subject to help out.

warder

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: Honda Civic SI 1986
I was wondering whats the differences between the colors of the engine? I keep hearing about browntop, redtop, blacktop, pinktop. I dunno what the difference is! Someone fill me in please.

crxboi

• Got Rice?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (crazi-85crx @ Jul 22 2006, 09:15 PM)
Okay, I ask because you may want to hold off on the swap until you are capable of doing it or having someone help with it.

thats what i was thinking man im gonna run my motor in the crx till i can find some one to help me with it... then do the swap also ill make sure i have everythink for the swap so i dont have to do a lot of last minute running around!!!

crazi-85crx

QUOTE (warder @ Jul 22 2006, 08:17 PM)
I was wondering whats the differences between the colors of the engine? I keep hearing about browntop, redtop, blacktop, pinktop. I dunno what the difference is! Someone fill me in please.

browntop: 86-87 Acura Integra. Vacuum advance distributor. 113hp.
blacktop: 88-89 Acura Integra. Electronic advance distributor. higher dome on pistons. 118hp.

they will both bolt into the 84-87 chassis without the need for aftermarket mounts.

crxboi

• Got Rice?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (crazi-85crx @ Jul 22 2006, 09:22 PM)
browntop: 86-87 Acura Integra. Vacuum advance distributor. 113hp.
blacktop: 88-89 Acura Integra. Electronic advance distributor. higher dome on pistons. 118hp.

they will both bolt into the 84-87 chassis without the need for aftermarket mounts.

hmmm... there are a lot of brown tops in the pick n pull by my house so i could get one there..... would it be eazyer to do brown top then black???

crazi-85crx

QUOTE (crxboi @ Jul 22 2006, 08:23 PM)
hmmm... there are a lot of brown tops in the pick n pull by my house so i could get one there..... would it be eazyer to do brown top then black???

yes, but only by a little. and i think it would be more advantageous to go for the blacktop.

lxndr

• All work and no play makes LXNDR a dull boy. All work and no...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
My advice, buy an '86-'89 Integra parts car.

This way you'll have everything you need, you'll know the condition of the motor, and you can sell the parts you don't need.

You can probably find a parts car on www.craigslist.org for less than $500.

crazi-85crx

I found this article on swapping in the browntop; it covers all the essentials to the swap, aside from the wiring.
http://www.ff-squad....to/84-87hybrid/

and i might aswell repost this:
http://www.muller.net/sonny/crx/

FYI i'll have more links for you when i get off work.

crxboi

• Got Rice?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
laugh.gif
QUOTE (crazi-85crx @ Jul 22 2006, 09:26 PM)
yes, but only by a little. and i think it would be more advantageous to go for the blacktop.

advantageous meaning??? im not that big on my words!! laugh.gif

crazi-85crx

meaning better laugh.gif

Strudel should be able to help out with the wiring, i'm sure.

crxboi

• Got Rice?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (lxndr @ Jul 22 2006, 09:27 PM)
My advice, buy an '86-'89 Integra parts car.

This way you'll have everything you need, you'll know the condition of the motor, and you can sell the parts you don't need.

You can probably find a parts car on www.craigslist.org for less than $500.

ya im just waiting to find one pop up cause then ill do that... but if i cant then me and my bro are off to the junk yard to pull a motor out!!!

3gencivic

• civics rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 01 jimmy4x4, 92 ranger custom longbox 2wd
he im the one with the engine.
if it helps its 100% teg wireing from t heengine bay to th edash to the fuse box to the rear of the car so really it woudl jsut be amater of taking the old harrness out and thie one in. so wireing isnt that had.

this is a complete setup all but a starter and intake piping