'89 Teg Swap Into A 3rd Gen Civic

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

frank5079

• Silverstreak
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1984 CRX with a teg swap
Hi everyone; I'm trying to help my brother with this swap.....we've gutted the interiors of both cars(donor teg and his civic) and are proceeding to pull the main harnesses of both to swap onto his civic. Any of you guys have any tips or suggestions with this swap?? I've had no problems with my swap('87 teg into a 1st gen crx) but this one is definitely more involved...ie electronic advance, vss issues and so on.

I could use some help as to where I can find an HF cluster to scavenge the vss.

Thanks,
Frank
"Who stole my Illudium PU36 Space modulator???"

pmpicci

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: '82 Toyota Cressida: Fond Memories, '85 Civic 1300 w/ '88 Integra Mechanicals
PM me your e-mail and I'll send you my writeup covering my swap for an 88 into a carbed civic. You should have searched a little harder though, and you wouldn't have needed to start a thread.

Edit: The teg has a vss you can swap over.

Edited by pmpicci, 13 October 2005 - 07:34 AM.

frank5079

• Silverstreak
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1984 CRX with a teg swap
My brother got the cluster from a CRX Hf model; the speedo in it looks almost like the teg speedo save for the fact that the teg speedo has a bigger trip meter. Here's the problem, neither rex nor teg speedo is compatible with the civic speedo. Did Honda ever offer the 1300 hf motor in a regular 3rd gen civic and if so make a speedo with the vss??

Please advise.

Frank
"Who stole my Illudium PU36 Space modulator???"