Spark Plug Wires

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

Andy69

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members

What are you racing types using?

I need to replace mine, they are some kind of super thick aftermarket jobs, but I'm not convinced they provide any benefit over OEM on an otherwise stock engine.

mlracing.co.nz

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: EF9, AT-SI, GS300
I've got NGK leads in my AT Si; mainly because that's what I could find haha

Edited by mlracing.co.nz, 21 September 2014 - 04:37 PM.

Dirtcircle86

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: in circles. I did take a right out of turn four once and regreted it.
Ima redneck tightwad under the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" school but plugs, caps, and rotors I've had go bad. Never had a misfire due to a bad wire (knock on wood). I'd have to look but I think I'm running Surefire (somethingorother) wires, which were on it when I got the motor. Someone will correct me but I don't think wires would make a diff on back-to-back dyno runs. Maybe longevity wise there is a wire that lasts longer, but if it can lite one part fuel per 12.5 parts air, I'm happy.... I do like NGK everything though.

Andy69

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip

I ordered a set of NGK blues.  The engine is stock except for the air filter and a few other minor mods, and I figureif thre were better wires than OEM, Honda would have used them.  NGK aren't OEM but they are as close as we can get.