• You cannot reply to this topic
31 replies to this topic

-=Playboy=-

• Honda! Bloody man's car
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: Honda CRX 1.5i 1984 Ballade Sports, Honda CRX Si 1985 ZC
    Garage View Garage
I remember how shocked I was on 9/11 but I felt different when I heard that the country I was born and raised in was attacked by these cowards, even though 9/11 was much bigger I just had a differnt feeling. It fucks me off how they do it because “ Britain helped out in Iraq” but imagine if none of the country’s helped in the 1st place, they would be attacking us for not helping…fucking faggots
It seems like the only solution is to level the entire middle east.
*excuse my French*

I just hope they haven’t or don’t get their sandy hands on any biological weapons

slavteren

• pervertet 17" lover!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 civic zc - 86 crx zc - 87 civic racecar
    • Image Gallery
i'm actually glad to see these reaktions, couse this is NOT what you see in the tv... you people are normally exposed as war-horny self-rightious "extreemists".
happy to see that at least some of you are not...

I dont think that the terrorist think of us as innocent, they have been convinced that WE are responsible for all of theyre problems, and that we want to destroy theyre relegion... Tell me that you religious guys would'nt react if it were "our" religion that we felt was under attack?
They broperbly feel the same: this is war, and somebody is gonna get hurt...

and hey: if you stick your hand in a bees nest, you are gonner get stung...
My beloved civic

My life

user posted image

the most important weapon- is the heart af the worrior.

Hollowman

• Torsion Bar Groopie..
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic SI w/ ZC, 2002 S2000
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (slavteren @ Jul 8 2005, 02:05 AM)
i'm actually glad to see these reaktions, couse this is NOT what you see in the tv... you people are normally exposed as war-horny self-rightious "extreemists".

I dont think that the terrorist think of us as innocent, they have been convinced that WE are responsible for all of theyre problems, and that we want to destroy theyre relegion... Tell me that you religious guys would'nt react if it were "our" religion that we felt was under attack?

First off I’m not attacking you.. You just brought up a good point that I have a “bone to pick” with..

I can only speak for myself but I kind of get a little annoyed in how the world perceives the USA.. Like you said
you people are normally exposed as war-horny self-rightious "extreemists".
.. I feel that for the most part we as a whole are not but from the news and interaction with those from outside the USA, the rest of the world thinks we are.. It is a very narrow view if it is based on our representatives to the world.. I don’t think that the French people are all underhanded or cowardly.. So what if there were French companies selling illegal materials to Iraq to be use in military applications along with Russia.. The government and the companies that did those transactions are to blame.. Not the people of that country.. Heck don’t get me started on the UN..

However, at the first sign of trouble to their borders who do they call?? Come on.. The world can't have it both ways.. It seems that we are damned if we do and were are damned if we don't get involved.. It kind of sucks being the big kid on the block.. We are both the one who is turned to for help and the biggest target.. None the less, I love my country including the positives and the negatives.. Without the negatives we can’t strive do better..

I'm also not a religious guy so I can't totally understand what they are fighting for.. What is religion?? Some instructions written by man?? I don't think that the deity's wanted that or there wouldn't have been passages written by man from a so-called prophet, disciple, or other instrument of what ever deity they choose, saying that “thou shall not kill” (Christian) or something with in those lines.. But these groups constantly contradict their own teachings saying that killing is justified.. The big religions of the world seem to have roots in the same place, deity, ideals, and origins.. They all want to occupy “the Holy City” of Jerusalem right?? Why?? The temples built upon temples that date back thousands of years?? Some sand and rock?? Why not just compromise and get along??

The whole thing about war is that up until recently it was country against country.. You knew who you were fighting.. Soldiers fought and soldiers died.. Not too many questions there.. In the terrorist era, they do the "brilliant" (sarcasm) tactic and shield themselves behind innocent people.. They build their factories and disguise them as food or medical facilities.. They lay in wait to strike at the opportune moment at civilians.. Not military.. So when a military force attacks they can get the whole world's sympathy and say they attacked our civilians and not our military.. How do you fight that?? Heck if you attack someone have the balls to uncover your face.. Instead they kill civilians with masks on for television.. That is what the world has to look forward to.. Not too bright huh?? Just wait until a dirty bomb makes it into a country besides the US.. Many will change their tunes really quick..

I have the luxury to say that I don’t like this and that so if someone attacked my religion, “Shawnism” for example, I would say oh well that is their choice to do so.. Variety is the spice of life.. I don’t agree with the forcing of ideals on others.. As a country we have a tendency to do that, culture be damned.. I don’t agree with that but I have that right to say so.. Countless others don’t.. I try to change it by voting and doing the best I can.. I do like the whole “do unto others as you have them do to you” thing.. I try to live by that.. But I’m not perfect..

Shawn
RIP Block# D16A12011451.. It will be missed..

James Bond (Diamonds are Forever): "That's a nice little nothing you're almost wearing. I approve."

Posted Image

Disco Stu

• Who's this guy?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si, 2006 Mazda6i Hatchie
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (slavteren @ Jul 8 2005, 06:05 AM)

Slavteren, you're falling pray to what's known as listening to the loudest voice. The loudest voice around here says Iraq is a quamire, that Bush is a nazi, that what we do is wrong. And it's a small minority that just knows how to work the system and make their voice heard. Example, you'll hear about Fahrenheit 9/11 which talks about how Bush takes the longest vacations of any president (which was padded such that it included weekends btw), but you won't ever hear of FahrenHYPE 9/11, which explains that in one week of Bush's 'vacation' in august he traveled to something like a half dozen states, made speeches, signed laws, got briefed on issues, and stuff like that. You'll hear about how Bush was some kind of service dodger because he got into the national guard and never showed up, based on documents whose validity were called into question within an hour of them being on the news and were pretty much proven as BS and yet dispite being proven as forgeries, as Dan Rather, said they still ask questions that demand being answered. And yet as far as I know, John Kerry (who was hailed as the big war hero during the election) never had to answer for throwing his medals/someone else's medals away in an anti-Vietnam war rally after he served about 4 months in country ona swift boat. He was enlisted for about 2 years, the first of which was on a ship in the pacific, then a month of swifty training, and 3 months in 'nam before he got all his purple hearts.

I know what it's like having my religion attacked, actually. If you're a christian in this country, you're considered a closed minded throwback to the days of yore where you want women to have to go to back alley abortions. I'm sure everyone's seen the "United States of Canada/Jesusland" map of North Amercia that michigain fatbody put out. Kind of hurtful, but eh, it's just against christians, they're evil closed minded people anyhow.

What is happeneing today with the US persuing the war on terror is exactly what you said. Al Qaeda stuck their hand in the bee's nest, same as the Japanese did at Pearl Harbor. Saddam Hussein stuck his hand in the bee's nest when he invaded Kuwait, dodged it for awhile, when he made plans to assassinate a former United States President, dodged it for a little while longer, made deals with the UN to pad his pockets and stil dodged the sting. And now he's in his own world of hurt. People are quick to cry out "Oh, it's OSaddam bin Laden, right you silly gooses?" But the fact that is avoided is that he was a sponsor of terrorism, we had every reason to believe that he was persuing weapons that he should not have had (whether it be bio, chem and nukes or just the simple rockets that could hit Israel that he was told by the UN he could not have as a term of the end of the first Gulf War), he was a mass genocidal murderer and an all around assclown. But for some reason, there are many 'peace-mongers' who say he deserves more benifit of the doubt than someone like Terri Schiavo deserved.

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Wow, you have a number of good points, Ignorant yes, but good none the less.

Heck don’t get me started on the UN..
I agree, they are obsolete and should be dismantled. They are now the forum to voice the worlds concerns and if you piss one of the countries off there you are not allowed into their club. They might as well be the olympic board instead.

I have the luxury to say that I don’t like this and that so if someone attacked my religion, “Shawnism” for example, I would say oh well that is their choice to do so
Ignorant but beautiful, your thinking is exactly what has been predisposed as what they are pissed about. you say if they want to then thats their choice. you having that opinion is no opinion. you have no stance so therefor must be made aware that you need to choose. Which you will, your tollerance of the entire situation hasn't met a threshold just yet. Give it time.
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

TAAGMANsCRXwithKYBs

• Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 CRX si (Jackson), 84 CRX DX(Jake), 87 CRX Si (Jack)RIP
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Now I see why I've long been told not to discuss religion and politics in an open forum. tongue.gif
TAAGMAN

There's only one basic difference between genius and stupidity... genius has its limits. - anonymous-

"My hovercraft is full of eels."
Hungarian-English dictionary skit - Monty Python -

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
sounds to me like religion is to blame here. maybe, just maybe the world would be a better place without it?
When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

Disco Stu

• Who's this guy?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (crxls @ Jul 8 2005, 02:57 PM)
sounds to me like religion is to blame here. maybe, just maybe the world would be a better place without it?

Honestly, I think it depends on the religion and the person following it. Any radical hateful religion, be it Osama bin Laden's brand of Islam or maybe the type of Christianity that gave us the Spanish Inquisition (noone expects the Spanish Inquisition!) is a horrid thing. But if not for, at least what I believe to be true loving christianity, hell I'd have jumped out a window long ago.

Many religions give a person a sense of being part of something bigger, living their life not just for me me me and a side of I. Yes, it can be done outside of religion, but I don't know of many worthwhile religions that focus solely on just the needs, wants, and desires of the individual person.

Taagman: there's nothing wrong with a good ol' discussion. I'm of the mindset that each and every one of us has the God given right to speak our minds, and I don't care if you're Hillary Clinton you've got that right and I'll stand by you to the firing squad to defend your right. But, if what you're saying is complete and utter unfounded crap or is going to put a person in danger, I'm gonna call you on it, just as I expect someone else to call me on it if I start spouting crap or things that are dangerous to a person's security.

slavteren

• pervertet 17" lover!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 civic zc - 86 crx zc - 87 civic racecar
    • Image Gallery
Hollowman:

I'm sorry, but my english could be better. I can't see the atack on me, i actualy agree in what you are saying... And i understand that you are not so extreeme as you are described in the medias over here. but if you only knew...
I can understand that you get annoied, i would too. But as long as the european leaders think that the only right thing to do is saying: BAD terrorist, woluld you please stop that, or we will do nothing.... (Read: they are complete pussyes...) well then of course the americans wil be put in a bad perspektive. the ones in "power" decides what will be shown.

Disco stu:

Slavteren, you're falling pray to what's known as listening to the loudest voice. The loudest voice around here says Iraq is a quamire, that Bush is a nazi, that what we do is wrong.

Well is my english REALLY that bad? I have not said anything like that (i think) on the contrary, I think something must be done. Now I maybe not agree in the reasons that were used both here and in the us, but thats a whole new discussiun...
But beside that i do agree in the actions, and in the fact that the european leaders are komplete pussyes.

as for religion goes: im a ateist, but i really can't see that any religion is "evil"... the problems shows when a whole lot of people arent capable of reading the "bibles" them selves and make theyre dissitions from that point. The coran doesnt say anything about murdering is ok, or women should be suppressed... some "religius leaders" have enterpritated ( hope you can understand what i mean) the coran that way, and told them that it is so... kind of as in the spanish inkvisition and so on.

irony on: let the religius fight off, whwn theyre done us ateist can have pease... irony off...

I really hate that my english is so bad... but if you have any q's to what i wrote, just throw me a pm and i will try to explain...
My beloved civic

My life

user posted image

the most important weapon- is the heart af the worrior.

Madkore

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1984 Honda Civic Si - For smiles and laughs, Original Owner, 1966 Ford Mustang - 5 speed trans, 4 wheel disks, 1968 Ford F250 - Big Ugly
    • Image Gallery
Pity Poor God.

All the Stupid Things that Men do that get blamed on God.

Anyone can do Anything and say it was in the Name of God.

Sad.
You're Mad!

Well thank God for that, 'cause if I wasn't, this would probably have never worked.

Captain Jack Sparrow

Disco Stu

• Who's this guy?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Slavteren: It's not that your english is that bad, it's that my understanding is sometimes completely wrong. I guess I kinda assumed (as in I'm the ass) that you agreed with what was said about us americans, I humbly apoligize and beyond that I thank you for proving that there are folks accross the pond who DO get it.

Though, I do believe that there are passages within the Koran which do say that the christian and the jew are the enemy, though the exact passages do escape me and as ever I could be wrong in what I've heard. I don't make it a habit to read that particular 'holy' book.

Computer

• Brian spilner racing team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 CRX DX, 03 MT IS300
    Garage View Garage
disco stu pretty much summed up anything i would have said...

86 crx

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
but I don't know of many worthwhile religions that focus solely on just the needs, wants, and desires of the individual person.
Disco, there are 2; Brahmism, and Humanism.

I do believe that there are passages within the Koran which do say that the christian and the jew are the enemy,
loosely translated the verses you have sited are no different than Jesus saying to the masses and Mary Magdaline, that one sees you as swine if you dine with them. It is not a quote of hatred, it is a warning that if you are seen with them you are reguarded as one of them. A perception, held many years ago and still to this day. "Birds of a feather" and "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree"

The Catholics also have a similar ideology, which (as with most christian faiths) state, you need not associate with the ones who do not worship the way you do, you do not marry those, for they will lead you from the lord. Simply stated, If you aren't going to convert them then you do not associate with them.

And in a manner of speaking, "They" are trying to convert us. It is their law we don't fully understand.
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

Hollowman

• Torsion Bar Groopie..
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (badpenny @ Jul 8 2005, 04:53 AM)
Wow, you have a number of good points, Ignorant yes, but good none the less.

Heck don’t get me started on the UN..
I agree, they are obsolete and should be dismantled. They are now the forum to voice the worlds concerns and if you piss one of the countries off there you are not allowed into their club. They might as well be the olympic board instead.

I have the luxury to say that I don’t like this and that so if someone attacked my religion, “Shawnism” for example, I would say oh well that is their choice to do so
Ignorant but beautiful, your thinking is exactly what has been predisposed as what they are pissed about. you say if they want to then thats their choice. you having that opinion is no opinion. you have no stance so therefor must be made aware that you need to choose. Which you will, your tollerance of the entire situation hasn't met a threshold just yet. Give it time.

Badpenny: I know my response wasn't clear (I just read that part blink.gif ).. It was late, I was a bit tired, but anywho rolleyes.gif ..

My tolerance of the situation is non-existant.. What I was trying to get at was that I have a freedom that many don't.. IMO this current situation is based on power under the guise of religion.. Religion is an excuse to hide what is really going on, a simple power struggle and those caught up in the situation are stuck in it.. Look at the situation in Iraq.. The ones who are the so-called "clerics" of the religion are the ones initiating many, if not all, of the attacks.. Not the normal guy.. Not Joe Iraqi.. A religious leader.. Why?? I believe it is a show of how much power and influence they have over the masses to other religious leaders around the world and nothing else.. A big pissing contest.. dry.gif Religion itself is being thrown around to cover their little climb to the top of whatever station in life they are in or to hold on to their current state of power by any means.. Meanwhile the good religious follower has faith in their religion and follows them right or wrong.. Here in the US I have the freedom to make my own mind up and so does the next guy.. So when I said that they could attack my religion I should have stated that it more like "your religion sucks" I would say that's your choice to think that and I will think the same about yours.. Get my position?? I hope so.. I don't want to type this much again.. tongue.gif

So yes I have made a choice... I'm against those that try to hold down the little people so that the so called "religious leaders" can be worshipped as deity's on earth..

I 100% agree with you that the UN needs to be dismantled or retooled.. It's just a place for a big bitch fest but if you build a couple of nukes you get a lifetime membership to the club.. mad.gif I say we have them compete in Olympic style events to see who will run the UN.. Maybe they could have a UN poker championship to see who leads.. It could be run on ESPN and CNN.. cool.gif

QUOTE (Madkore)
Pity Poor God.

All the Stupid Things that Men do that get blamed on God.

Anyone can do Anything and say it was in the Name of God.

Sad.

That is a great statement.. It is sad but true..

Shawn

James Bond (Diamonds are Forever): "That's a nice little nothing you're almost wearing. I approve."

Posted Image

Hollowman

• Torsion Bar Groopie..
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (slavteren @ Jul 8 2005, 02:51 PM)
Hollowman:

I'm sorry, but my english could be better. I can't see the atack on me, i actualy agree in what you are saying... And i understand that you are not so extreeme as you are described in the medias over here. but if you only knew...
I can understand that you get annoied, i would too. But as long as the european leaders  think that the only right thing to do is saying: BAD terrorist, woluld you please stop that, or we will do nothing.... (Read: they are complete pussyes...) well then of course the americans wil be put in a bad perspektive. the ones in "power" decides what will be shown.

Oh no.. You have pretty good english and I was just making sure that you don't get offended by any of my remarks.. I just don't want to make anyone on this board feel bad or get them angry.. smile.gif And thanks for the kind words about us good Americans...

Posted Image