D16A1

• You cannot reply to this topic
7 replies to this topic

mm87crx

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
I wanted to know if there is anybody out there that has done this swap.  I'm serious about doing it when I get the parts.  How would I run the wiring?  Direct from ECU to engine?  Any other advice welcome.  Thanks.

frank5079

• Silverstreak
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1984 CRX with a teg swap
I did an '87 teg motor and tranny swap into my '84 CRX DX, and the only really hard part was removing the original harness and fuel line then swapping in the Si harness and fuel line; also, the male/female plugs are different and have to be altered. I could go into details, but it would be easier for you to e-mail me and I'd be more than happy to help you out if you are serious about doing the "swap".
Frank

MANGLEdCRX

• CR-Tsi
  • PipPip
Yeah if you wanted to FI it youd have to find an '85 Si for the wiring to plug in, or you can just getb the '86-87 wiring and put it all in cause the 87 and 86 wirng in the front wont plug into the back of an 84-85 Harness and vice versa, good luck with your swap

crxgator

• Buttsex in the hottub
  • PipPip
or you can make the teg engine carbed, and you can use the 88-89 teg engine instead of the 86-87, it will be a lot easier than converting the CRX into FI.

CRXfanatic

• Dual Mikunis Rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 CRX DX, 2001 Subaru 2.5RS, 2004 Accord EX, 1983 Honda VT500FT
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Not a god idea IMO, try the d16a1, 86-87 Teg motor!!!!

ORRRRRR, try some carb options, you can beat Si power levels with about $500.  I am at about 130 wheel HP right now with carbs! I beat many unsuspecting cars!

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
That's pretty impressive, what engine is it, EW2? What mods have you done?

CRXfanatic

• Dual Mikunis Rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 CRX DX, 2001 Subaru 2.5RS, 2004 Accord EX, 1983 Honda VT500FT
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Power mods include a shaved and ported Si head on my DX block, mild webcam, AEM cam gear, dual Mikuni carbs, MSD ign, DC 421 header, no cat, 2 inch exhaust, all I can think of for now.

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Nice. I'm making some headway on my swap...hopefully it will be done before the snow falls!