New guy

• You cannot reply to this topic
7 replies to this topic

Krispy

• Shiggity
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members
So where's the Black top and silver bottom CRX in the icons above??     tongue.gif

Anyway, tom suggested I check this place out. I think I was reading stuff here a long while ago..........while I’m back.

For those that don't already know me.  I currently run a Canadian 87 DX in Ontario's SOLO 1 championship.  I can also be found at many Regional SOLO 2 events and SOLO 2 club events.  My entry fee bill from last season was really high so I may have to cut down.     Bad habit  :D

I've been racing one thing or another for 8 years with 2002 being my 9th season so it is fair to say i have some experience. If you ever need help with driving technique I will do my best to give you a hand. My only hope is that we see more 1st gen rex's out at local events.

Tom hooked me up with a red pepper account a few months back so I have been able to upload quite a few images and videos. Once again, thanks for that!  

Here’s a list of stuff I’ve done to my car. All done to suit my SOLO 1 classification or CSS2.

24mm T-bars
OPM Camber plates
Home made rear sway bar
Koni Yellow’s on all 4 corners
450lbs Springs on the rear with home made spring perches (I made them out of old broken Go-Kart rims, you have to see to believe)
Poly Bushings
Jacobs Ignition
K&N filter
Replaced 1 front head light with a piece of sheet metal and a part of a castrol  syntic bottle.    You can see it in a pic below.
I ran half of last summer with no passenger seat……….hard core….  It was ok because I could borrow the parent’s cars for when I needed to take passengers.
Header back exhaust

This is all I can think of currently…….most likely because it’s almost 3:00am. Sleep time now.

If you have any questions about SOLO 1 or 2 rules, Suspension, driving tech, whatever.  I probably have answer for you.  It just better not be about clear lenses smile.gif
------------------------------------------------------------------------
When Stefan was once told that he might be faster if not for his flamboyant sideways style, he replied "one is not always trying to make babies when having sex!"

Krispy

• Shiggity
  • PipPipPip
oh yeah

here's some pictures

Here's a vid of a lap of Fabi
http://www.redpepper.../Krispy/aay.wmv

and a SOLO 2 fun run
http://www.redpepper...lery....ext.wmv

There are more pics and video's on the link below.

http://www.redpepper.../Krispy?&page=1
When Stefan was once told that he might be faster if not for his flamboyant sideways style, he replied "one is not always trying to make babies when having sex!"

Masta

Hey Krispy, welcome to the board.  You may remember me as the guy who owned, and took you for a ride in the V6 powered Mercury Tracer at the Tim Horton's.  I also lent you the RPR company G-tech pro.  I bought a 1st gen. and will be autoXing this year with Tom.  I look forward to watching you run this year and maybe passing along a few helpful hints.  Welcome to RPR.

Cheers

Darren
Civic Nation. Represent.

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Ya know, it's funny you mentioned the icons, because I just noticed the other night that I didn't have the black and silver. I will fix that tonight.
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

Krispy

• Shiggity
  • PipPipPip
oh yes Darren i rememeber   biggrin.gif

What's happening with that car?

Will you be running Toms car or the Si you bought?

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
He sold the Tracer  :angry:

His plan is to run the SI, hopefully we can get it running soon!
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

Masta

Yeah I sold the Tracer, it was too hard on axles.  Kept snapping them like twigs.  I am flat friggin broke now so the buildup of my CRX will consist of a new clutch and make it run.  I'll fix the body as best I can and go racing in stock classes.  Should be fun anyway.  See you at the track!

Darren
Civic Nation. Represent.

MANGLEdCRX

• CR-Tsi
  • PipPip
I wanna race too!!!!    ???
-'87 HF Resurected 7-00, reincarnated 6-01--86 DX Dosent run....YET--'87 Civic Si hatchbach: Brians baby R.I.P. "Bee" 5/21/82 - 9/9/01 forever in our hearts.-