Joined a new board and it seems that

• You cannot reply to this topic
12 replies to this topic

MANGLEdCRX

• CR-Tsi
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
Yep I joined a new message board and one guy was asking why so many 1st gen people are here so I replied back saying :"you got something against 1st gens buddy??"  and I also made a post and put a guy holding up the middle finger and called it: att all 1st gen haters
yeah I'll show those punks what a 1st gen can do  mad.gif
-'87 HF Resurected 7-00, reincarnated 6-01--86 DX Dosent run....YET--'87 Civic Si hatchbach: Brians baby R.I.P. "Bee" 5/21/82 - 9/9/01 forever in our hearts.-

Guest_CHRIS F_*

• Group: Guests
Why is it that american car guys look back on the older models with respect and admiration like Mustangs, Camaros, Vettes. The import crowd looks back on the previous generation, the car that paved the way and set the mark, and call them CRAP! What's up with that???  I say we tie up all the 2nd gen owners (the ones on this site excluded, they seem cool) and have animals lick peanut butter off the bottom of their feet until they say 1st gens RULE!

Masta

You know what fellas, we were discussing today the split group of Honda drivers.  The 1G guys are mostly comprised of people who are real enthusiasts, where the 2G guys are more into clears and 17's.  I'm not saying they are all like that, there are some definite exceptions, but for the most part, 1G guys are hard core, CUZ WE HAVE TO BE!  Just love your car, do what makes you happy, don't feel you have to be validated by some punk with a 2G.  We all love cars, and that's enough.  Fast is Fast, no matter what kind of car it is.  Nobody can argue with that.

D.
Civic Nation. Represent.

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Too soon, junior... wink.gif
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

FastFox

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 89 Crx Si
What kind of animals?  Think I could get my man to do that?  Could be kinda erotic with the right person licking off the peanut butter! lol
A life? Sounds cool!! Where can I download one of those?

Guest_CHRIS F_*

Well Fastfox, I would suggest you go to speednation.com and get your man a 1st gen CRX model. Have him put it together, insult his CRX, have him see these posts and I'm sure he'll get the idea. By the way I have a domesticated  north american albino panther. Just use the uh, creamy peanut butter, the crunchy hurts when you walk if you don't get it all off. biggrin.gif

FastFox

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
I'll keep that in mind, no crunchy. wink.gif

Not to diminish your anguish but 2nd gens get picked on too out in the real world.  I keep thinking that I should get therapy so that I can let that car go to a good home and move on. lol.

But keep up the good fight, there is prejudice everywhere. sad.gif

PS do you get hassles from the neighbours over your panther?  My cousin used to have a cougar and a lion.  Even though he lived on a 300 acre property, had the animals properly caged and a license to keep them, he still got hassles.  Somebody shot the lion in the head, lion was tame so it came right up to the person.  Took the lion 3 days to die, vet tried his best.

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Wow, that pretty much sucks. Why are people so stupid?
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

Guest_CHRIS F_*

Actually, the white albino domesticated panther is a 23lb white housecat with a big cat attitude! Sorry to hear about the lions, my favorite undomesticated big cat, being an animal lover it makes one think. As far as 2nd genners getting picked on I guess it's like short people not realizing tall folks may get picked on too. I say keep the CRX.  We'll still be here for ya.

FastFox

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
lol, I thought all cats came with that attitude.  And thanks for the support, it would break my heart to sell the rex.

1stGenCRXer

• Mikuni's Druel
  • PipPip
    • Drives: '85 Honda CRX DX with "stuff"
H-A.net used to be pretty anti-1st gen until I started moderating there and everyone realized that my lite weight car and webers kicked the crap out of their "torqueless wonder" [B16A] in a second gen.  Now no one gives any 1st gen'er any crap on the board, I won't let them  ;)

Harry
-Twin DCOE 40's still humming along

Guest_CHRIS F_*

Just curious, I had a 87 carbed DX, how much horsepower does your webbed CRX DX put out? What kind of time slips do ya put out? I would have loved to put a weber in my DX but fate stepped in and smashed my CRX DX.

1stGenCRXer

• Mikuni's Druel
  • PipPip
    • Drives: '85 Honda CRX DX with "stuff"
QUOTE (CHRIS F @ Jan. 31 2002,21:42)
Just curious, I had a 87 carbed DX, how much horsepower does your webbed CRX DX put out? What kind of time slips do ya put out? I would have loved to put a weber in my DX but fate stepped in and smashed my CRX DX.

Best guess is around 140HP.  Unfortunately, the stock replacement clutch isn't capable of holding it all past '60 when I took it to the strip, so my best yet has been 10.6 in the 1/8th, even though I was clipping 2.2-2.0's at 60'.

The clutch still does well on the street and for autocross, but in high traction situations, the clutch lets go.  I *should* be hitting mid 14's with a full interior by the time I get suspension and drivetrain mods finished.

Harry
-Twin DCOE 40's still humming along